ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Duke Lacrosse Begins Postseason Play

Loyola played great and we helped them by killing ourselves. Their goalie was outstanding. Watching that fourth quarter was tough.

Let's be honest; our defense is pretty much a decoration that stands around with their thumbs up their butts....Look at how many turnovers Loyola forced vs. the # we forced.

Fowler did not play particularly well, but then again, I'd probably lose focus too if every shot I was facing was one-on-one with the rest of the team stood around watching me get pelted from close range.

Rowe played outstanding at X and Bruckner kept us in the game single-handledy in the first half while Mr. #1 Pick was a turnover machine.

Two years in a row we have been bounced in the 1st round...Really discouraging !!! Maybe as talented as they were, this group of upperclassmen just did not have those intangibles that the Wolf group possessed.

Tough loss but still a great season. Is it true that mike nifong had a private eye following this team around all year;) OFC

Last edited:
#2 Denver lost today.

#4 Yale lost today.

#8 Syracuse was losing last I saw.

Parity seems to be on the rise. They should expand the tourney.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Let's be honest; our defense is pretty much a decoration that stands around with their thumbs up their butts....Look at how many turnovers Loyola forced vs. the # we forced.

Fowler did not play particularly well, but then again, I'd probably lose focus too if every shot I was facing was one-on-one with the rest of the team stood around watching me get pelted from close range.

Rowe played outstanding at X and Bruckner kept us in the game single-handledy in the first half while Mr. #1 Pick was a turnover machine.

Two years in a row we have been bounced in the 1st round...Really discouraging !!! Maybe as talented as they were, this group of upperclassmen just did not have those intangibles that the Wolf group possessed.

Nail on the head! This team had nobody to take them and say come on boys we're down but not out in the face of adversity. Extremely frustrating season based on the talent and experience we had, with exception to defense. Really perplexed by Myles on Saturday, as athletes we always have a game we'd like to forget, but with Myles he had a few down the stretch. Knowing him he really doesn't have that type A personality, he's sorta a gentle giant. Wolf had that killer instinct, hoping Manown brings that to the team next year.

Dad2ze, I know a U11 kid that knows how to protect his stick much better than what I witnessed Saturday haha!

Reactions: Dad2ze
#2 Denver lost today.

#4 Yale lost today.

#8 Syracuse was losing last I saw.

Parity seems to be on the rise. They should expand the tourney.

Parity is most definitely on the rise, agree the tourney should be expanded. Most likely the first move would be to 20, giving the top 4 seeds a bye. The issue with that is they would most likely have to move the FF away from Memorial Day which some wouldn't mind. I wouldn't be shocked to see the season pushed back some anyways in the near future which would be the ideal time to add teams to the tourney.

The below quote perfectly sums up why Saturday's game was so frustrating.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...oyola-defense-steps-up-beats-duke-16-11/35214

“We outshot Loyola today, we out groundballed them. We won face-offs, but they were the better lacrosse players. They had better players. They made plays,” Duke coach John Danowski said. “They were very aggressive. They did a nice job trail checking, very aggressive when he had the ball. And not only Myles, but our offense in general, we held the ball a little too much. I think we felt if we had possession of the ball we were going to score.”

Reactions: ramlogistics
Dad2ze, I know a U11 kid that knows how to protect his stick much better than what I witnessed Saturday haha!
No kidding!!! I told my son "See why you protect your stick at all times and at all ages." Frustrating watching them play like that. As long as the Holes lose I'll be happy. Guess I'll root for Navy since my son wants to go to Navy. Can't wait for next year!!!

I'm backing Notre Dame and Syracuse from this point on. Really love Sergio Perkovic's game and have always admired Desko a coach. Plus, I would like the title back in the ACC.

Cam and I are riding the Brown train, one of his coaches played there and really like that they're doing it without any High School AA's. They represent what a team is and their style of play is awfully entertaining.

Just to revisit the topic, considering how the bottom half of the bracket has played out, that loss to Loyola hurts even more since the gauntlet (#2 Denver followed by #3 Notre Dame) we were expecting never came to fruition.

If we had held serve against the Greyhounds, our path to the National finals would have gone through two unseeded teams (Towson and UNC).....At the very least (taking nothing away from Towson), we likely advance to championship weekend.

On a slightly related note, I am starting to realize that my support is the kiss of death to college lacrosse teams....Heading into the tournament, my loyalties were: 1) Duke 2) Notre Dame 3) Navy...All three get knocked out in the first two rounds.

Last edited:
Just to revisit the topic, considering how the bottom half of the bracket has played out, that loss to Loyola hurts even more since the gauntlet (#2 Denver followed by #3 Notre Dame) we were expecting never came to fruition.

If we had held serve against the Greyhounds, our path to the National finals would have gone through two unseeded teams (Towson and UNC).....At the very least (taking nothing away from Towson), we likely advance to championship weekend.

On a slightly related note, I am starting to realize that my support is the kiss of death to college lacrosse teams....Heading into the tournament, my loyalties were: 1) Duke 2) Notre Dame 3) Navy...All three get knocked out in the first two rounds.
Ugh, I was thinking the same thing Sunday night. That flop against Loyola stings even more now.

Brown was my pick but without a healthy Malloy it will be awfully difficult to get past Maryland. UNC is definitely hot right now and playing with a ton of confidence, uggghhhh. Look's we may end up with a title game of Maryland and UNC, gross!

Thankfully my HS alma mater has players on three of the four remaining teams....UNC is the one exception, so "F THEM".

If I had to declare a new rooting interest, I'd probably lean towards Brown or Loyola simply because it would be cool to see a non-traditional sports powerhouse win a national title in something.

Thankfully my HS alma mater has players on three of the four remaining teams....UNC is the one exception, so "F THEM".

If I had to declare a new rooting interest, I'd probably lean towards Brown or Loyola simply because it would be cool to see a non-traditional sports powerhouse win a national title in something.
I would be happy with either Brown or Loyola winning. Not so much the other two.

Plus, I would like the title back in the ACC.
Wish granted.

CjvGy6rXEAA-mTT.jpg

unc* winning both men's and women's title was impressive. Just hope both programs are clean. OFC

It was quite impressive that they were able to win both championships. I agree Breschi is an awesome man and this team absolutely rallied around him and played inspired lacrosse. Knowing Holman, as he's a coach for my son's travel program, happy for those guys.

Mark, check out Cam this past weekend. They've moved him to more of a quarterbacking role, he was placing the rock in some unreal places man. So proud of my little guy, 8 yrs old and competing on a U11 team this Summer.

@Mark Gastineau check out this backhanded shot Cam made against a MD team in Annapolis this past weekend, we went 3-2 beating two teams from MD and one from Northern VA/DC as the youngest team in the field. Only losses came to the two teams that played for the title. Ref asked us after the first game, the game he made this shot, had 3g's 4a in the game, where we were from. When we said NC his mouth about hit the ground haha because we had just dissected a MD team 16-6.

@Mark Gastineau check out this backhanded shot Cam made against a MD team in Annapolis this past weekend, we went 3-2 beating two teams from MD and one from Northern VA/DC as the youngest team in the field. Only losses came to the two teams that played for the title. Ref asked us after the first game, the game he made this shot, had 3g's 4a in the game, where we were from. When we said NC his mouth about hit the ground haha because we had just dissected a MD team 16-6.
Great stuff! Way to go CAM!! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ramlogistics
Mark, check out Cam's highlights from the Summer. My camera skills need some work for sure though. He's #3 in white or blue with the white helmet. His passing ability got much better this year, he made some unreal assist! He was 8yrs old competing against 10/11 yr olds.

He'd definitely developing into a hell of a player. Can't wait to see him play for Coach Danowski in a couple of years.
Would most likely have to be Matt haha, not sure Dino coaches for ten more years. He's playing box right now through our club. Joe Cinosky, our player development director, is running it. Think he likes box more, much faster and more touches. He's playing up in the 3rd/4th grade league and averaging 4 goals a game. We had a box academy a few weeks back and Cinosky got Coach Huntley, coach for Blaze and Director of Canadian Lacrosse, down to coach our boys.The level of coaching our boys receive is unreal!

He'd definitely developing into a hell of a player. Can't wait to see him play for Coach Danowski in a couple of years.

Mark, couple of Cam's last few box games. He's loving box and his development under Cinosky and crew has been tremendous the past five months. He's #2 in black.

Brad will most likely be our leading mid field point scorer this year and will be interesting to see what Dino does with Lindsay and Pendergrass, the latter may move to offensive mid opening up a spot for Lindsay to start a d mid. Our attack line will be much more potent this year and won't need to depend on the mids for scoring as much as last year. Me and Cam will be on campus on the 22nd for the Alumni game against the new squad and should get an idea of what Dino is currently thinking. I'm really interested to see where Seau's game and health is at, he was starting to come into his own last year prior to the injury that sidelined him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT