ADVERTISEMENT

Okay let’s talk the UK vs Duke game

I hope we win on a controversial call by the refs. Rump rafters would explode.

Nah.....I don't want to deal with that the next day at work!!

I'd like to be down by one with 2.1 seconds left....Zion throws it in to RJ around the free throw line....RJ dribbles right, spins left.....ITS GOOD!!!! AOC walks off saying OMG....OMG!!!

Or

We just win by about 15 going away

I'm still trying to figure out who this PJ Washington guy is that RR say's Duke has no answer for.

I'm not gonna sit here and talk trash, but their board sure has calmed their ass down since their last exhibition game, they've moved from we're going to destroy Duke to "What happened to our team." I didn't get to see it, but judging from their game thread, they musta stunk it up a lot.

They looked ugly against Indiana (Pa.). They won by hunting steals and run outs on breaks. Basically they resorted to winning by athleticism. But they’ve looked better in the Bahamas and against Transylvania.

If they resort to the individual stuff, Duke should have no problem. If they play like a team and let Green and Quigley run the show, they’re going to give the boys a tough L.

Reactions: Showenuff

I'd like to be down by one with 2.1 seconds left....Zion throws it in to RJ around the free throw line....RJ dribbles right, spins left.....ITS GOOD!!!! AOC walks off saying OMG....OMG!!!

Or

I’d love to see Tre setup Zion for just a monster alley hoop to start the game and have it include with Zion’s nuts on top of Reid Travis’s head just so he gets an idea of what’s coming.

Most importantly I think we need to get off to a good start and not fall behind early because of how bright the lights are.
I do think we will get off to a good start, and honestly, I see us taking this one wire to wire. We will never lead by more than 10, but will never trail. I got Duke winning 82-74.
The last game Tre's older brother played for Duke, he hit big free throws down the stretch in a game played in Indianapolis, I think Tre does the same, ices the game with foul shots.

I'm not gonna sit here and talk trash, but their board sure has calmed their ass down since their last exhibition game, they've moved from we're going to destroy Duke to "What happened to our team." I didn't get to see it, but judging from their game thread, they musta stunk it up a lot.

I watched it.....not impressed!
But, their guys will surely have a whole different mindset when they see Duke on the chest of the opposing team

Or

Kentucky hopes it is that close. Duke will win by 11.

Their fanbase, as a whole, is either extremely high on their team and thinks they can compete with the Warriors or thinks they're garbage undeserving of a scholarship or the privilege of a firm butt-smack "atta-boy" from Cal.

I don’t really understand the narrative that Kentucky is somehow so much older and wiser than the Duke team. We have juniors and sophs in our rotation and half of our freshmen play like vets. Oh yeah and our coach is the better in-game coach.
It's a lot of talk that I don't understand either. First how if we can keep them off the boards, we will be in good shape. Richards and Bolden or Jav is about the same size. I'll take Jav's quick and rebounding against Richards all day. PJ and Travis is no bigger than RJ, or Cam. With Zion and his leaping ability, neither one of them can do anything with him.
Some say their depth can wear Duke down. They are bringing guys off the bench that has never played a college game as well, compared to Alex, Jack and Jav/bolden. I've seen they can throw multiple guys at Tre to wear him down. I think they forgot Cam, RJ, and Zion can handle the rock against who will be guarding them. Count me in as a homer, but I see Duke being a bigger problem for them to figure out.

I don’t really understand the narrative that Kentucky is somehow so much older and wiser than the Duke team. We have juniors and sophs in our rotation and half of our freshmen play like vets. Oh yeah and our coach is the better in-game coach.
If I remember correctly, they said that last year when Duke was getting prepared for Michigan State. Back in 2014-15 season, they said our young guys wouldn’t be able to go at Wisconsin and win, and Duke did, and obviously beat them in the title game as well.

Reactions: DukeDenver
The closer it gets, the better I feel about it....can't explain why....just feeling better and better

Duke is very talented, and K always has his teams ready to play early in the season. I'll take Duke.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I think it's a lot of talk trying to convince themselves that they are so much better than Duke, when in reality they are not. They brought back a few guys that weren't world beaters, added a 5th year senior, that in my opinion if he was so great, he would be getting a D-league check at least. I just have a feeling reality will slap them in the face tomorrow night. If Duke handle the bright lights well, lookout!

I expect a dog fight. Will be very surprised if either team ever has a double digit lead.

One thing I will predict: it will be one of the biggest game day threads ever.

I will not be on here posting in the game thread. Heck I'll be scared I may miss something looking down at what somebody wrote lol. All eyes on my projector screen lol.

Tomorrow will be a long day. When Duke wins, I'm going to be up watching highlights again. I will re-watch the game again when I get home from school as long as they win.

I took Wednesday off because of how late the game is....I get up at 4.00 every morning, so no way I was working. Gonna try to get up and play golf Wednesday morning. Win or lose, one guess what I'll be wearing to the course!!

It’s about damn time. I honestly don’t know what to expect. Just hope it’s a good game and Duke wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT