ADVERTISEMENT

Official national championship thread

I’m trying my best to figure out how Purdue can win this damn game. I’m trying to help you guys, but I just can’t figure it out lol. Every “NeueMeter” reading keeps coming up Connecticut. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬

Huskies are 6.5 favorites. Will it be that close? They certainly aren’t used to single digit wins.

Reactions: Mac9192
For Purdue to win, Edey has to have a very good game, and everyone else needs to score at least 50 points between them.

That's just to have a chance.

Think it'll depend how it's being called and as usual, who makes more three's. Neither big has played against anyone that's comparable size. I'm rooting for Purdue

I'm a Purdue fan tonight too, but I think they need to catch lightning in a bottle to have any sort of chance. I would think Edey needs to have 30+ for them UConn to lose.

I kinda want to like Danny Hurley.......but I just can't do it.

Rolling with the Boilermakers tonight! 1 player out of the portal, bounce back year from the most embarrassing loss possible, hopefully Matt Painter hangs a banner!

“It is amazing to me having watched between 35 to 40 college games in the last two weeks how much more physical the college game is than the NBA” - Stan Van Gundy. (Direct quote) we can thank the NCAA for allowing college hoops to become a wrestling match, but also the height of guys can be a big deal. Connecticut’s shortest starter tonight will be 6’4 Cam Spencer. They start height across the board. The Purdue guards better play better than they did against State.

I'm a Purdue fan tonight too, but I think they need to catch lightning in a bottle to have any sort of chance. I would think Edey needs to have 30+ for them UConn to lose.

I kinda want to like Danny Hurley.......but I just can't do it.
Ideally Clingan would pick up a couple of early fouls and then play tentatively when he’s in there. And they’re a little off from 3. Purdue will need to play their A game to UConn’s C game to win. One of their guards needs to go full on Dunleavy 01 finals.

I may go back to playing Soul Calibur 5 if Purdue doesn't pick it up. Hey, I had about a 25% chance of looking like a genius.

^ Yup. He started to wear down. Think the first few minutes will determine it because it seems that's when UConn always go on their run.

Reactions: Mac9192
Everything has gone UConn’s way the last 2 seasons. The other team misses an easy shot, or has a turnover when the game is close. UConn scores. They are so balanced. Any of their guys can hurt you.

What we need to happen is for Hurley to get more animated. The more unglued he appears, the better it is for Purdue.

Reactions: christophero
Everything has gone UConn’s way the last 2 seasons. The other team misses an easy shot, or has a turnover when the game is close. UConn scores.
Exactly what I’m talking about. Edey misses a point blank shot to start the half. UConn comes down, misses the shot, gets the rebound and hits a 3.

Lead now is 9

Game over. UConn is too consistent. They are just solid. Not amazing players but experienced and they refuse to beat themselves. Gross, hate it. Let’s skip to next season please.

UConn just crapping gold no matter what they do. I’m waiting on a banked in 3 here shortly. Will be Spencer or Newton and they’ll high five Danny on the way down court. 12 straight NCAA Tournament games where they’ve been able to enjoy a nice shoot around down the stretch. Unreal.

Purdue over matched in every position including the bench with the exception of Edey. Almost like the women's game where Iowa was over matched in every position and bench with the exception of Caitlin Clark

I will say though, something seems a little off about these past two UConn runs, last year they had 8 losses going in as a 4 seed, and then they’re suddenly untouchable. Then this season, they’re certainly very good but beatable, taking 3 losses while playing in a weak Big East. Tourney starts and boom, can not even come close.

So much for my Nostradamus abilities. I'm still a fan of Purdue, I like their program and I'm glad they made a deep run.

I will say though, something seems a little off about these past two UConn runs, last year they had 8 losses going in as a 4 seed, and then they’re suddenly untouchable. Then this season, they’re certainly very good but beatable, taking 3 losses while playing in a weak Big East. Tourney starts and boom, can not even come close.

College basketball is just awful right now. No great teams out there, just a bunch of suck honestly.

If you're Hurley and you want to go to Kentucky, now is the time to go. He's not going to win 5 straight.

Copy this... Point Guard that can attack the basket, an elite wing, and some good offensive sets. I've seen more screens for a curling wing shooter than we ran all year... Watch some of this film and use it next year, Jon... and INTENSITY

Reactions: pisgah101
Copy this... Point Guard that can attack the basket, an elite wing, and some good offensive sets. I've seen more screens for a curling wing shooter than we ran all year... Watch some of this film and use it next year, Jon... and INTENSITY

Lol. How long has it been since Duke ran an offensive set?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT