ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAYTREAD***

With the exception of the last two or three minutes we played well and especially considering we had very little in the post other than Jefferson. It hurts and it's a shame that Grayson is not anywhere close to his abilities of the past. The boys still get to play some more basketball and hopefully with better results. Joel Berry and Hicks were just not to be denied tonight and I really dislike everything there is about UNC.

Well guys, for the most part, the kids played pretty well tonight, and except for a couple of minutes near the end, we had our chances. I don't like to rip on the officials, but they were pretty common tonight. That aside, the team that wanted it the most won, bottom line.
I, for one, really liked what I saw from Duke tonight. For the biggest part of the game, they really looked like they were coming together. Tatum was what he is, a Freshman, and he never really got engaged, but you can bet he learned from this game.
If you still feel that bad about this loss, consider that NC was at home, and a lot of people consider them the best team in the country, yet we were right there with our opportunities. I feel good enough about Duke that I can't wait for the ACCT to start, and you all should too.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
With the exception of the last two or three minutes we played well and especially considering we had very little in the post other than Jefferson. It hurts and it's a shame that Grayson is not anywhere close to his abilities of the past. The boys still get to play some more basketball and hopefully with better results. Joel Berry and Hicks were just not to be denied tonight and I really dislike everything there is about UNC.

Liked that last sentence:D

I think we managed to exploit our advantages better tonight. Especially with points in the paint and second chance points from offensive rebounds. Hicks showed up when we needed him, and JB was just a monster, especially in the clutch. And we managed to keep you from raining 3's on us.

As for the calls, yeah I wasn't happy with how often you guys were getting to the line, but I don't think the refs did enough to let both teams play. Calls very rarely influence the outcome of the game. It's about who wants it more.

All in all though, back and forth game, Carolina managed to get it done in the end.

Not to brag, but I actually called both games haha. I we would split, with you winning the first, and us winning the last.

Amazing how they seem to come out of the woodwork, isn't it? Well, good for them, I guess. When it comes to Duke-UNC they haven't been able to say much, consistently, for a while. I'd like another shot at them on Friday, to be honest.
I'll be wearing my Duke tie on Monday. Many of my students are Heel fans.

Reactions: pisgah101
First of all This team is not set up for Grayson. Last year the ball was either in his or Ingram's hand. He was not the playmaker and had all the shots he wanted. Duke has many other options. To many scorers in the game for anyone to get a feel. Tatum is at his best when driving. Kinnard is a scorer and needs the ball. Jackson is improving vastly. Jefferson and Jones doing dirty work. IMO Grayson is an odd fit on the floor with these 5. Not enough shots for everyone.

First of all This team is not set up for Grayson. Last year the ball was either in his or Ingram's hand. He was not the playmaker and had all the shots he wanted. Duke has many other options. To many scorers in the game for anyone to get a feel. Tatum is at his best when driving. Kinnard is a scorer and needs the ball. Jackson is improving vastly. Jefferson and Jones doing dirty work. IMO Grayson is an odd fit on the floor with these 5. Not enough shots for everyone.
He's the odd man out because he's had a year probably unseen by any. Come into a year with the hype he and team had, then to have happen what he and the team have went through, and he still is not right. Grayson's only had about a handful of games where 100% of him was on floor, and when he was, he was best player on floor. He's one of the all time best warriors in my book and I'd love to see him get his swag back for the last ride here. Some forget just how good he is when healthy!

Good game all around now the ACC tourney.

Grayson can't play back to back four games I don't see Amile doing it either at full strength!

If I'm Giles, I look at being in my home state and hearing right at 20,000 calling me over rated. And the fact I got three fouls in under a minute and I want that rematch against UNC in the tourney.

One thing I will say about UNC, they will use their depth. Good game Allen needs to get healthy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT