ADVERTISEMENT

Movies/Shows

bleediteveryday30

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 24, 2013
So, the summer movie season is upon us! Tomorrow the new MCU film, "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" will come out and I can't wait. So much is coming out this year I am excited for. Top Gun: Maverick! All that being said, I am so freaking stoked for Obi-Wan Kenobi! This new trailer is amazing:

Anyone else excited for these films/shows? Any other things we're looking forward to?

I'm home sick with a cold so I'm watching The Stand from the 90's. It's good. I also watched the new Stand, which was okay. The 90's one is better.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I'm home sick with a cold so I'm watching The Stand from the 90's. It's good. I also watched the new Stand, which was okay. The 90's one is better.
Chris, I love the original. Didn't care all that much for the new version. Greg Kinnear and James Marsden were both great though.

Reactions: christophero
Agree those 2 were good, and the guy who played Flagg. And the George actor, who played Patrick H. the pyro/bully kid in "It". Overall I liked the new one, but it was confusing with the non linear storytelling. Not to me as I've read the book, but the Lost type flashbacks didn't really work for that story. And the Flash actor just went wayyyy too over the top as Trashcan man. But the old one is definitely better, despite being very 90's.

Last edited:
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent is a freaking riot. I love Nic Cage and Pedro Pascal so much. Going to see Doctor Strange tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Agree those 2 were good, and the guy who played Flagg. And the George actor, who played Patrick H. the pyro/bully kid in "It". Overall I liked the new one, but it was confusing with the non linear storytelling. Not to me as I've read the book, but the Lost type flashbacks didn't really work for that story. And the Flash actor just went wayyyy too over the top as Trashcan man. But the old one is definitely better, despite being very 90's.
Yeah, I love the book too. Hated Miller's trashcan man. Skarsgard is good as Flagg, forgot about him. Have you read Swan Song by Robert McCammon? I think it's better than The Stand. Would make a freaking awesome mini-series on HBO.

McCammon is a great writer. They Thirst is my favorite of McCammon's. My favorite King novel is Salem's Lot. I love the Tobe Hooper version with David Soul and James Mason. Can't wait for this new version. Firestarter looks interesting. And they have John Carpenter doing the score which is dope as hell. I loved IT chapter one & two. Tim Curry in the original mini-series gave me nightmares as a kid, haha

They did a good job with It 2017. Salems Lot is a great book as well. I like the old miniseries. The one with Rob Lowe in the early 2000s was decent but not as good. There is a new version of Salem's Lot? I'll have to check it out. I heard something about a prequel. There is a new Firestarter too. Interesting. I recently saw The haunting of Bly manor which was really good.

They did a good job with It 2017. Salems Lot is a great book as well. I like the old miniseries. The one with Rob Lowe in the early 2000s was decent but not as good. There is a new version of Salem's Lot? I'll have to check it out. I heard something about a prequel. There is a new Firestarter too. Interesting. I recently saw The haunting of Bly manor which was really good.
Hill House and Bly Manor are both terrific. Midnight Mass is amazaballs. Did you Doctor Sleep? Loved the director's cut. Mike Flanagan knows how to do horror.

Dr. Sleep was okay. I really liked Hill House. Have you seen Eden lake? Great thriller with Michael Fassbender. A couple goes camping in the country and is terrorized by a teen gang. Need to see Midnight Mass, I've heard it's good. I also like Hereditary and Midsommar.

Eden Lake is a good one! Check out Kill List. I love Hereditary and Midsommar. Have you seen the director's cut of Midsommar? So damn good. There's a ton of good shit out there dude.

I saw the regular cut of Midsommar. I also like It Follows. I tend to like slow burn horror like that.
The director's cut is expensive and had limited copies. If you can find it, it's worth it. It Follows is a great one. So do I man. Of course, I love all kinds of horror! Just like I love westerns too.

I can't imagine Midsommar being any more messed up than it is ha. I'm not really into westerns, but Yellowstone is good, although it is modern day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT