ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Schrage story

Interesting story Conor. Mike Schrage is obviously quite intelligent, and capable of wearing any number of hats in a hoops program.

I can only guess, but might he help Scheyer coordinate program off-court??? I am speaking of NIL, academics, etc. Schrage knows how the basketball program evolves at Duke on a daily basis. He can only help Scheyer as a special adviser as well.

OFC

Interesting story Conor. Mike Schrage is obviously quite intelligent, and capable of wearing any number of hats in a hoops program.

I can only guess, but might he help Scheyer coordinate program off-court??? I am speaking of NIL, academics, etc. Schrage knows how the basketball program evolves at Duke on a daily basis. He can only help Scheyer as a special adviser as well.

OFC
The formulation of Duke's NIL program was brought up specifically to Schrage, and he gave a fairly blunt "no, that's not me."

I think it's more the inclusion of somebody with the staff who's been a head coach before.

Reactions: sheyduke
The formulation of Duke's NIL program was brought up specifically to Schrage, and he gave a fairly blunt "no, that's not me."

I think it's more the inclusion of somebody with the staff who's been a head coach before.
Makes sense certainly. Scheyer is smart and quite mature to accept fact he needs this. OFC

After the hiring, I was thinking he’s here do to his experience with coaching and navigating NCAA requirements and specifics. This imo is important because it helps Scheyer out greatly .

A great landing spot for Schrage. He was a head coach for only three years. Never had a winning record. I saw Elon play a couple of times and they looked poorly coached

A great landing spot for Schrage. He was a head coach for only three years. Never had a winning record. I saw Elon play a couple of times and they looked poorly coached
To me, he overscheduled this year, thinking they'd have a healthy season of a Butler transfer (Jerald Gillens-Butler) and a 4-star sophomore (Ja'Dun Michael) from The Burlington School.

The Duke game was a spur-of-the-moment game, but they also played at UNC, Arkansas, Florida and WVU. Coming off a surprise CAA tournament run in 2020, can't blame him for trying to jump his program ahead ... just didn't work out.

(I will confess to being an Elon grad and following the program from afar, haha)

Speaking of "poorly coached,"whatever happened to your ex-UNC asst C.B. McGrath?? Is he still at UNCW?? (LOL, ged just a reminder I will stick the knife back at the hint of a tar heel dig).

OFC

I don't know where CB is. He was a disaster as a head coach. I've heard that he was a good assistant. I don't know. Schrage might be a great assistant. Once again, I don't know. Schrage yelled a lot in the games that I watched. The players didn't appear to pay attention. I'm sure that Jon Scheyer received hundreds of applications. He knows better than I and chose Coach Schrage.

Good to read that Mr. O'Neill is an Elon grad . I will defer to his knowledge

I should have guessed, CB McGrath is an assistant to Wes Miller at Cincinnati. I would be awful at hiring head coaches. I laughed when Kansas hired Roy Williams and thought that Duke blundered by hiring Mike Krzyzewski

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT