ADVERTISEMENT

May be of interest to the board.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I ran into an old Duke friend, fan and former player today. His name is Coy Clayton and I have posted about him before on the football thread. He looks great physically and his mind is sharp as a tack. Coy was a halfback back in the 50'sand partly due to injuries didn't play a lot. He did get to play in the Orange bowl and carried the ball one time and picked up 8-10 yards.We talked a little basketball and how disappointing the season ended especially the losses to cheater u. He agreed that missing throws was the dagger. He is still very active with .Duke athletics and occasionally sits with Coach K's family at the games. He then told me that he was on the selection committee to find who would replace Coach K. Coy said there was no doubt and very little discussion as who that would be and it was Jon of course. He went on to say he knew Jon personally and not only will be bevs great coach but he is a fine young man also. A little personal note. His 1st cousin married my first cousin. Always enjoy talking to him. OFC

Last edited:
Sky thanks!!! Fantastic to have you back!!!

OFC

To be honest hart this board has passed me by. I really don't know what I can add to it anymore. There comes a time when you just have to step back and take a look at who you are and how you've changed. We all change you know. Lot of great memories here and lot of great posters here. I check it everyday and if I feel I have something of value to post I still will.. If it weren't for a few who post here I would post more but they have the right to post whatever they wish. I've never been one much for confrentation here or in my everyday life. I just back away from it. We are who we are and I am who I am. I will always remember the love, prayers and support I recieved from DI three or so years ago with my kidney failure. I really thought I might have died. This board uplifted me in a way none of you will ever know. I post on DBB about as often as I did here. Same ole me over there. It's like DI used to be. Still Rick Rollin the DBB guys. Some of them have never experienced that. LOL. They say as you get older you really don't care about what people think of you. I will be 70 years old on the 27th of this month and let me tell you that is true. I've been posting here since 2006 and it was a cheater u fan that helped mevset up my account and he created a monster. Had some great times here and I will drop in . Like I said I check it out everyday. One I want to make clear. We are all Duke fans or at least I think we are and with thst we stand on common ground. Sorry for the long post. Just about as long as a deepsouther huh. 😀 GO DUKE. Will miss Coach K for than I can comprehend. Love Jon Scheyer. We are a blessed fan base to have a coach of his caliber to follow the G.O.A.T. May we respect him and not compare him to the G.O.A.T. OFC. Old farts club. Yep I created that group just do everyone knows and " nanner puddin" that's mine too no matter how insignificant they may be. OFC

Last edited:
To be honest hart this board has passed me by. I really don't know what I can add to it anymore. There comes a time when you just have to step back and take a look at who you are and how you've changed. We all change you know. Lot of great memories here and lot of great posters here. I check it everyday and if I feel I have something of value to post I still will.. If it weren't for a few who post here I would post more but they have the right to post whatever they wish. I've never been one much for confrentation here or in my everyday life. I just back away from it. We are who we are and I am who I am. I will always remember the love, prayers and support I recieved from DI three or so years ago with my kidney failure. I really thought I might have died. This board uplifted me in a way none of you will ever know. I post on DBB about as often as I did here. Same ole me over there. It's like DI used to be. Still Rick Rollin the DBB guys. Some of them have never experienced that. LOL. They say as you get older you really don't care about what people think of you. I will be 70 years old on the 27th of this month and let me tell you that is true. I've been posting here since 2006 and it was a cheater u fan that helped mevset up my account and he created a monster. Had some great times here and I will drop in . Like I said I check it out everyday. One I want to make clear. We are all Duke fans or at least I think we are and with thst we stand on common ground. Sorry for the long post. Just about as long as a deepsouther huh. 😀 GO DUKE. Will miss Coach K for than I can comprehend. Love Jon Scheyer. We are a blessed fan base to have a coach of his caliber to follow the G.O.A.T. May we respect him and not compare him to the G.O.A.T. OFC. Old farts club. Yep I created that group just do everyone knows and " nanner puddin" that's mine too no matter how insugnificant they may be. OFC
Thanks Sky, great post. Still wish you would post here more. I am proud to be a member of your OFCs, and your naner' puddin' innovation thru ol' Roy is awesome! OFC

OFC

To be honest hart this board has passed me by. I really don't know what I can add to it anymore. There comes a time when you just have to step back and take a look at who you are and how you've changed. We all change you know. Lot of great memories here and lot of great posters here. I check it everyday and if I feel I have something of value to post I still will.. If it weren't for a few who post here I would post more but they have the right to post whatever they wish. I've never been one much for confrentation here or in my everyday life. I just back away from it. We are who we are and I am who I am. I will always remember the love, prayers and support I recieved from DI three or so years ago with my kidney failure. I really thought I might have died. This board uplifted me in a way none of you will ever know. I post on DBB about as often as I did here. Same ole me over there. It's like DI used to be. Still Rick Rollin the DBB guys. Some of them have never experienced that. LOL. They say as you get older you really don't care about what people think of you. I will be 70 years old on the 27th of this month and let me tell you that is true. I've been posting here since 2006 and it was a cheater u fan that helped mevset up my account and he created a monster. Had some great times here and I will drop in . Like I said I check it out everyday. One I want to make clear. We are all Duke fans or at least I think we are and with thst we stand on common ground. Sorry for the long post. Just about as long as a deepsouther huh. 😀 GO DUKE. Will miss Coach K for than I can comprehend. Love Jon Scheyer. We are a blessed fan base to have a coach of his caliber to follow the G.O.A.T. May we respect him and not compare him to the G.O.A.T. OFC. Old farts club. Yep I created that group just do everyone knows and " nanner puddin" that's mine too no matter how insignificant they may be. OFC
Hope you have a great 71st year, skysdad!

Reactions: Liftee and skysdad
OFC. Old farts club. Yep I created that group just do everyone knows and " nanner puddin" that's mine too no matter how insignificant they may be. OFC
Sky I feel like myself, DI and a few others are still maintaining the awesome "OFC" coined by you my friend. We rep it proudly, and just wish you posted more.

You sure started "naner puddin" too, and that's made it on to other social media too! Wander's naner puddin, Ol Roy's favorite dessert!!

I will never forget ol' Roy's reaction when Sidney Lowe was fired from N.C State: "Sidney's one of the good guys." Roy went on to say he always wanted the UNC coaching staff to play Sidney and his coaches in golf. He said Wanda would come out of the front house on the course where they lived with some "hot muffins" during the match. Ol' Cheatin' Roy. #RoyKnew

OFC

@skysdad !!
0j8yR9C.jpg

Ditto for me, you OF. And the Board did not "pass you by." You passed by the Board, my friend. Wishing you the best.
OFC

Hey Sky. Do you remember when OFC began? Yeah, I know....my memory is shot too, but I thought you might have a clue. I cannot bring myself to scroll through 200 plus pages of posts to find out. Just wanted to revisit that glorious event.
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT