ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

Congrats and good luck Frank. Many here are happy for you that you are achieving your lifelong goals/dreams. We hope nothing but the best for you.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Man we had a chance to be a nasty nasty team on paper and it's slowly falling apart ...

We will still be fine. If Duval commits it'll settle a bunch of our worries. We have Coach K, we will be fine.
That's an if ...man out of everybody I wanted Jackson the most ..he's going to be special ..even if we do get Duval ...And that's an if!!!!
It's like we keep saying this over and over the i injury curse hasn't ended!! Lmao ....
Duval Allen bolden Carter Trent
...then who? lol guys better get better in a hurry ..I do really like white but man ...getting nervous ..that starting 5 is sick but they can't play all 40 ..I think bamba has a great shot now at coming here ..or should Kentucky loaded

Maybe the 3 headed monster will be like Jones okafor Winslow ...lol Carter Duval and bolden/bamba ..with Allen playing cooks role ;)

The hell u talking about ? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Bamba was gone a long time ago. Like any other program, we've got guys that just have to develop. Work hard and develop into who the staff thought they could be. You don't get an offer to come to Duke for nothing.

Wait until these academic sanctions come your way buddy... then you guys will be the sinking ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Uhhhh... you mean like getting recruits like Jon Scheyer and Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler, who grow up at Duke and eventually win national titles?

Yeah, I'll actually take that, thanks;)
In today's era, Kyle and Nolan would not have grown up at Duke (both were border line first rounders throughout their Duke careers) soooo yeah I'll stick to the theory that landing at most one 5-star guy is not the way to go, thanks.

Bamba was gone a long time ago. Like any other program, we've got guys that just have to develop. Work hard and develop into who the staff thought they could be. You don't get an offer to come to Duke for nothing.
I think anything could happen atp ...hope this isn't the start nevermind lol

Only thing sad is y'all letting us beat u year in and out..I promise u whatever happens ..it won't be enough for y'all to win the series lmao

We will still be fine. If Duval commits it'll settle a bunch of our worries. We have Coach K, we will be fine.
Duval has not played a minute of college basketball and you are saying we will be fine. Just like this years team was supposed to be the best ever at Duke.

Reactions: Duke1783
Duval has not played a minute of college basketball and you are saying we will be fine. Just like this years team was supposed to be the best ever at Duke.
Good point ..that's what I saying ..I get trying to be positive but man it's been rough since the injury bug ..have we gotten over it yet? Lol Jackson is the biggest loss yet imo

In today's era, Kyle and Nolan would not have grown up at Duke (both were border line first rounders throughout their Duke careers) soooo yeah I'll stick to the theory that landing at most one 5-star guy is not the way to go, thanks.
Think about this, yes Singler is getting paid but barely sees the floor and Smith did not make it in the league. In my opinion both were better basketball players than Frank. Hard to compare Singler and Frank but Nolan and Frank are very similar.

Reactions: christophero
Why does it have to be one way or another? I can wish Frank well in future endeavors because I don't hate him, but at the same time I can be entirely disappointed that the program just lost a backup freshman to the NBA.

I'm a Duke fan before I'm a Frank Jackson or Austin Rivers or Corey Maggette or Derryck Thornton fan. I'll root for those guys because they wear the jersey and I won't wish ill on any of them because I'm not a psychotic. But at the end of the day, I'm a fan of Duke basketball, not a conscience for it. I care about the program's best interest as it relates to my fandom. Frank Jackson leaving hurts that.

I don't hate Frank Jackson for leaving. God knows I'd kill to see that kind of money in my lifetime, but to anyone who doesn't want to be a part of the program that I root for, I say good riddance. It's on to rooting for the next guys who want to wear the jersey.

Think about this, yes Singler is getting paid but barely sees the floor and Smith did not make it in the league. In my opinion both were better basketball players than Frank. Hard to compare Singler and Frank but Nolan and Frank are very similar.
Agreed. Outside of Grayson and maybe Justin Jackson, I couldn't name a single borderline first rounder in college ball who has stuck around more than 1-2 years since 2010.
Singler could have been a OAD first rounder, Nolan 2 and done.

I think we all need to come together for a group hug. Or cry. Or scream. Happy for Frank and sad for what might have been. Hey I have the weekend off and 12 dollars in my pocket. So there's that. :) Go Duke!

Reactions: DukeSky85

So you are putting words in my mouth? I'm simply saying that if Duval commits to Duke, it'll settle a lot of the worries around here. I'm not saying he's the savor and will lead us to #6. Please find a post where I said that last year's team was supposed to be the best team ever. Thanks sir.

Duke is fine guys. Blending the one and dones with multi year players is the way to do it, imo. Look at the roster, it's loaded with talent that 98% of college coaches would love to have. For those that say roster full of one and dones is way to go, you're showing no faith in staff to help the guys like Javin, White, Goldwire, O'Connell, and Vrank develop. Some won't be as good as we want them to be, some will.

Reactions: christophero
So you are putting words in my mouth? I'm simply saying that if Duval commits to Duke, it'll settle a lot of the worries around here. I'm not saying he's the savor and will lead us to #6. Please find a post where I said that last year's team was supposed to be the best team ever. Thanks sir.
In all honesty u might not have said it but im guessing you thought it ..he'll I think everybody did..I did ..u might not have.. can't say u did... but yea ..I think a lot of us learned a lot about last year and to never count our chickens lmao

Sure am!

I can say at least no1 over here was chanting 40-0 lmao:) everybody was thinking It, but was wary of what they said, but at the same time had high expectations lmao

Although different players, look at Tyus Jones. If he can't stick, Frank Jackson sure won't. He's Nick Johnson 2.0 IMO. Nick Johnson ain't in the league. Best of luck to him.

Duke is fine guys. Blending the one and dones with multi year players is the way to do it, imo. Look at the roster, it's loaded with talent that 98% of college coaches would love to have. For those that say roster full of one and dones is way to go, you're showing no faith in staff to help the guys like Javin, White, Goldwire, O'Connell, and Vrank develop. Some won't be as good as we want them to be, some will.
Yes but it's the other 2% that worries me lol

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Happy for Frank. Getting to live his dream. I'm blaming the system. I'm sick of the one and done era. This just isn't the same Duke basketball that I fell in love with.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just out of curiously but when was the last time Duke has a player who was a definite lottery pick come back for another year?

Kyle and Nolan had better careers at Duke. I don't think you can take what you know of them as 22-year-old's and say definitively Frank couldn't be just as good or better as both of them when he reaches that age. Just use the eye test....Frank is a better athlete than both, certainly more advanced shooting the ball than Nolan (ever was) and probably equal to Kyle after their respective freshmen seasons, and I'd say Frank's ability to get into the lane is better than both too.

Listen, Kyle and Nolan were tremendous college basketball players. All-Americans, national champions and Duke legends. No doubt about that. But do you truly feel Frank couldn't have been all those things, too? He's way ahead of where Nolan was at the same point in their careers. In addition, certain players transition to the NBA better than others. Tyler Hansbrough is one of the most dominant college players we've watched the last two decades in college. In the NBA he averaged a paltry six points and four rebounds over seven seasons and now is in the D-League at 31 years old.

Again, I'm not diminishing Nolan and Kyle whatsoever....two of my favorites to ever play at Duke, but I think it's premature to say a 19-year-old Frank Jackson wouldn't be able to live up to them. If we had been fortunate to have Frank for four seasons, he's probably a 2,000-point scorer and All-American. Unfortunately, we'll never get to find out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT