ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries/Issues to top teams

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
Is it me or does it seem like a lot of top teams are dealing with injuries/issues off the court more than any other year? Houston, UCLA, Miami, Kansas (head coach), Alabama (player involved with a murder).

It could make it easier for other teams who are playing well to take advantage of those circumstances (not that I wish injury or issues that could disrupt the course of a team’s chances of winning a national championship) but the door seems to be wide open for and unexpected champion.

Nothing definitive I can find on Omier.

The Hurricanes (25-7) play their first-round game against Drake (27-7) at 7:25 p.m. on Friday. Whether Omier will be able to take the court is still unclear.

“He wants to play, and he’s been in the training room diligently for the last five days — and I don’t mean for an hour,” Larrañaga said. “He’s been there like 10 hours a day. So he’s bound and determined to get as well as he can in a very short period of time, considering the injury he sustained against Duke Friday night.”

Reactions: Quavarius
I can tell you from experience that if it were only a stent or two, he'd be fine by now.

It's got to be more of a chronic problem that won't go away.

Why are they not telling anyone what’s up with self?
I read on ESPN he had to have two stents( don’t know if that’s spelled right.) put in for blockage on his heart and in an article on the news app. There could have been more issues he’s just now finding out about as the procedure came at the last moment when they found the blockage .

Reactions: pisgah101
I read on ESPN he had to have two stents( don’t know if that’s spelled right.) put in for blockage on his heart and in an article on the news app. There could have been more issues he’s just now finding out about as the procedure came at the last moment when they found the blockage .

I missed that thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT