ADVERTISEMENT

Ingram leading scorer?

" I'm sure K and the staff have learned from Grayson's Frosh year so I expect to see Luke on the floor much more"

Not only do I expect Kennard to be in the floor quite a bit, I expect him to be the leading scorer, around 19 ppg."

"There isn't a scenario where I see that as even a remote possibility.'

Laura Keely of the N&O wrote,
"Who is the offensive alpha male?
Every team needs a bell cow, a reliable playmaker who will take tough shots and get crucial points when the game is on the line. Several players [in the scrimmage] took turns for brief stretches as the dominant scorer Saturday night. Brandon Ingram scored 5 points in the final 4-minute period...He finished with 9 points. It was Allen who ran off 6 points in the middle 4-minute segment...He led all scorers with 10 pints..Kennard led the white team with 9 points..."

"We have good scoring potential here', Krzyzewski said, "Grayson, Luke and Brandon are big-tmp scorers"

Here is our discussion of scoring averages last summer.

It's always fun to dredge up these old prediction type posts. We were all so high on Derryck, and I think for good reason because the talent is there, but when you don't want to do something...man does it affect your game.

Reactions: DukeDenver
It's always fun to dredge up these old prediction type posts. We were all so high on Derryck, and I think for good reason because the talent is there, but when you don't want to do something...man does it affect your game.
So true about Thornton. In fact i am still very high on him but his personal agenda got in the way of his on the court development of the position he will play as a pro (should he make it there). Point guard. He was not a good point guard while at Duke. He was doing well early on. I remember saying to my girlfriend while we were watching the VT game at MSG that he was going to be a superstar if he continues the course. Unfortunately once Amile went down and everyone else on the team sacrificed for the good of the team, he seemed to go the other way. I understand wanting to show out as an individual but it is also a team game with a program that is about winning, not draft day victories.

I understand wanting to show out as an individual but it is also a team game with a program that is about winning, not draft day victories.
The shame of it all is he could have had both. If Thornton plays smart next year and averages 10 points 6 assists and 2 turns, he has a shot at the first round. He would've only gotten better as a junior. Now he'll sit a year then try to do it as a scorer, not knowing if he'll be given the green light.

Colin Cowherd does this every week during the NFL season, where he makes predictions and then goes back to see "Where Colin was right, Where Colin was wrong." Was fun going back and seeing the predictions. I was right on this past year being Grayson's team. I was wrong (albeit not way off) when i said BI would lead in scoring followed by Grayson. I was way off on how I thought DT would show, and i am a DT fan, wish he had stayed.

Good stuff. As has been said, it's fun digging up some of these past threads and taking a look at what people had to say.

Scoring this season won't come from one or two scorers constantly, it's going to be spread around a lot. But Grayson I feel will score more on a constant level rather than spurts. I think he is a momentum player and many times just before he could get rolling he was heading back to the bench. As he is allowed to play more minutes, we're going to see his full arsenal. The kid has a WELL rounded game. He can shoot the 3 big time, his penetration to the basket is both deliberate and confident and he's damn good at the stripe.

Man, that guy was on it !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT