ADVERTISEMENT

GTHC week

The_Only_Blue

Cameron Crazy
Nov 10, 2021
First, this is NOT a game day thread.

Well here we are. What may happen this week against the Holes? In theory we should dominate but it seems like there is always someone that will play out of their minds against us. Caleb Love went 3-18 last night. I can't see him shooting that bad in back to back games and he's had good games before against us. Bacot will still get his double double as usual. Think it comes down to rebounding, defending the 3, and stay out of foul trouble especially for Mark and Paolo. Speaking of Paolo, he should Be able to dominate Manek.

GTHC GTH!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
I think one of the main reasons high profile players come to Duke or UNC is to play in this rivalry. It's second to none IMHO. Both schools, no matter their talent in any given year seem to find ways to rise to the occasion, and that's as it should be.

Our team defense has been solid, even stout recently. Our Achilles heels have been reckless turnovers and giving up offensive rebounds. I really think if we limit those both to single digits we win by 10-12 points. Even if we have a poor shooting night, I think our D keeps us in the game. It would be nice to see Moore break out of his relative slump since December. Banchero will get his. AJ with a big game!!

And, yeah, nobody go jinxing us by messing up the game day thread space time continuum please. :)

Let's go Duke!

First, this is NOT a game day thread.

Well here we are. What may happen this week against the Holes? In theory we should dominate but it seems like there is always someone that will play out of their minds against us. Caleb Love went 3-18 last night. I can't see him shooting that bad in back to back games and he's had good games before against us. Bacot will still get his double double as usual. Think it comes down to rebounding, defending the 3, and stay out of foul trouble especially for Mark and Paolo. Speaking of Paolo, he should Be able to dominate Manek.

GTHC GTH!!!!!
This is NOT a Gameday thread post. I’m just here to say Go to Hell Carolina!!!

With the Miami loss to ND, we need to win to stay at the top of the conference. Not like the guys need any more motivation lol

My only concern is that after seeing the end of the Louisville/Cheaters game, our big guys get into foul trouble 5 minutes into the game. If we get the same refs as in the Notre Dame game, who let our guys play (and theirs), I feel really good about the game.

I can't stand the Cheaters so much that it's almost painful to even watch the game.

My only concern is that after seeing the end of the Louisville/Cheaters game, our big guys get into foul trouble 5 minutes into the game. If we get the same refs as in the Notre Dame game, who let our guys play (and theirs), I feel really good about the game.

I can't stand the Cheaters so much that it's almost painful to even watch the game.
Liftee I HAVE ALWAYS had anxiety watching Duke-UNC, and it comes as you noted from the utter distate for 'em!! Not only their teams I dislike, but the media piggybacking on them, their obnoxious fans, etc.

What we witnessed in Louisville was a travesty, and gift wrapped by the officials for UNC. Like you I am truly concerned about the crew working the game, and fear early fouls on our bigs prior to the first time out.

I can guarantee you this: you will see one of these three (if not more) Saturday- Roger Ayers(from UNC-Louisville), Jamie Lucky, and/or TV Teddy Valentine(all UNC homers). Also possible are the two others from UNC-Louisville: Covington and Clougherty. Pretty much have to be much better to win this weekend! #GTHCGTH

OFC

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Hart, I disagree about TV Teddy. I think he's just a bad bad ref. Remember when he turned his back on the Cheater guard who just wanted to talk to him?

I hope Coach K convinces the players not to worry about the refs and just play ball. They can't afford to let it get in their heads.

I want this game BAD.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Lift, I agree Valentine is a "bad" ref. Unfortunately he was made to APOLOGIZE later to Joel Barry (Swofford was commissioner at the time)and they kissed and made up. Since that time Lift,Teddy has called at least 60-70% of UNC home games. He's gifted them countless calls. Be very wary.

OFC

Lift, I agree Valentine is a "bad" ref. Unfortunately he was made to APOLOGIZE later to Joel Barry (Swofford was commissioner at the time)and they kissed and made up. Since that time Lift,Teddy has called at least 60-70% of UNC home games. He's gifted them countless calls. Be very wary.

OFC
Corrupt to the core

We can only hope to contain him. If that doesn’t work may be time to sweep the leg and watch Teddy ( in Carolina’s back pocket) Valentine go ape sh—
I forgot they still have Caleb Love. Talk about a guy who ruined his career by going to UNC. At least Kessler was smart enough to transfer now he’s working his way into being a lottery pick

Well I'm not expecting ANY calls to go Duke's way on Saturday and I'm hoping the Duke players handle it better than i will in front of my TV set.
Lift, I NEVER have any illusions of getting a fair shake at all over there. Believe me you will probably handle it better than me.

One thing that bothers me most traditionally is Carowhina living on the backs of our players for offensive rebounds. Meanwhile if we breathe on 'em we're whistled for fouls. I want this one just as bad as you my friend-I DESPISE EM!!!! OFC

Lift, I NEVER have any illusions of getting a fair shake at all over there. Believe me you will probably handle it better than me.

One thing that bothers me most traditionally is Carowhina living on the backs of our players for offensive rebounds. Meanwhile if we breathe on 'em we're whistled for fouls. I want this one just as bad as you my friend-I DESPISE EM!!!! OFC
This is fabulous material for my movie. I wish that I had such fervor.. I love reading the posts from skysdad. They are pure emotion that goes to the edge of virulent rage, and then he lowers the temperature 4 degrees saying that he liked Bobby Jones. I didn't realize that hart2chesson's feelings are just as strong. I hope that I'm not depressed. I can't muster similar energy. Thanks for putting up with my blather. Duke has a very talented team this year. Saturday is a great opportunity for your team

So yesterday I went to look at some new office furniture for my company. Of course I was wearing a 2001 National Champion Duke hat (I rotate my Duke hats so it's not like I've been wearing it for 21 years). The salesman says "oh my wife's a tar heel". I think I'll be looking elsewhere for furniture.

So yesterday I went to look at some new office furniture for my company. Of course I was wearing a 2001 National Champion Duke hat (I rotate my Duke hats so it's not like I've been wearing it for 21 years). The salesman says "oh my wife's a tar heel". I think I'll be looking elsewhere for furniture.
Economic sanctions. Nice.

Game is tomorrow. What do you guys/gals think the Cheats will do different than the first game? The Cheats have Mismatch problems galore against us. Highly doubt they go zone after we destroyed Syracuse's zone. Can't see them keeping up with us unless we come out flat and they shoot out of their minds.

One of Inside Carolina's threads is titled "Rat requests East region." Not only disrespectful but inaccurate. For rival boards RR puts that one to shame. Someone finally pointed out that the one overall seed gets choice of region. Seth Davis really should have explained this, as the haters are just seeing this as preferential treatment for K.

Last edited:
In preparation for tomorrow, my son and I are rewatching the 2010 championship game while getting Mom ready for her farmer’s market tomorrow. He was born a little before that season started.

In preparation for tomorrow, my son and I are rewatching the 2010 championship game while getting Mom ready for her farmer’s market tomorrow. He was born a little before that season started.
Cool. The accn showed the 01 title game yesterday. It was awesome to watch Someone always needs to step up and that night it was Dunleavy. !!! I loved that 2010 team. Gritty tough

Reactions: sheyduke
Watching the last game at the smith center and man are tarhole fans classless. You can here them booing k after the loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT