ADVERTISEMENT

GG Jackson….

We need bring in some transfers, if unc brings back their top 3 they will beat us again. Baker needs transfer to small school he is not division 1 talent

We need bring in some transfers, if unc brings back their top 3 they will beat us again. Baker needs transfer to small school he is not division 1 talent
Wow . I am beyond the hate for Baker on here he was simply brought in to be a shooter nothing more atleast he has tried . Many forget he burnt his redshirt when Zion got hurt to only play brief minutes in two games. I hope he goes just so people will stop all the hate towards him. He’s only been recruited over every year at Duke to much higher talent yet he still stayed .

Reactions: pisgah101
I like Baker; but as a former borderline 4/5 star for him to barely play in the stretch run of his senior year is disappointing. Esp. after seeing him shoot lights out in the scrimmages. On a team that needed shooting. I hope he comes back. But he would have to really, really, really love Duke to return after being buried on the bench the last half of the season. Even bates had surpassed him in the rotation.

I like Baker; but as a former borderline 4/5 star for him to barely play in the stretch run of his senior year is disappointing. Esp. after seeing him shoot lights out in the scrimmages. On a team that needed shooting. I hope he comes back. But he would have to really, really, really love Duke to return after being buried on the bench the last half of the season. Even bates had surpassed him in the rotation.
And Baker was dealing on and off with an ankle injury but I’m on the boat that he should look at what Goldwire did last season and get a fresh start somewhere. I know some on here will be happy he leaves

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I hope Baker comes back for his leadership. But if he transfers, a Davidson level school could be an environment he thrives in. He kind of is who he is as far as Duke.
If Baker leaves it won’t be at a Davidson level school. Plenty of programs will need shooters .

If Baker leaves it won’t be at a Davidson level school. Plenty of programs will need shooters .
Probably not Davidson. I don't think that they offer graduate degrees. Maybe Furman or Chattanooga. Like Davidson, they are top 100 programs, but don't face as many tremendous athletes as Duke.

Probably not Davidson. I don't think that they offer graduate degrees. Maybe Furman or Chattanooga. Like Davidson, they are top 100 programs, but don't face as many tremendous athletes as Duke.
Could see him going to the big east or big ten as a shooter . It won’t be any small name school. If that’s all he has he will just stay at Duke .

Could see him going to the big east or big ten as a shooter . It won’t be any small name school. If that’s all he has he will just stay at Duke .
What makes you think he can play at that level? K gave him every opportunity to earn minutes, my opinion he needs go unc asheville ,southern cont team

I have a lot of sympathy for Joey....especially his treatment this year on senior night and the latter part of the season. In the past he would have been given more minutes in the 4 years but with every recruiting class being full of OAD those got whittled away as he got older. We have had players in the past that were not good freshmen, ok sopohomores but who became contributing and then essential players as juniors and seniors...but that process now has disappeared from the program. He should transfer and play somewhere that makes him happy and gives him a chance to enjoy his last year of eligibility. I wish him nothing but the best.

What makes you think he can play at that level? K gave him every opportunity to earn minutes, my opinion he needs go unc asheville ,southern cont team
Simple . He’ll get playing time and doesn’t have to be worried about a top flight NBA talent taking his minutes. Baker can play . He should have never burnt his red shirt . We saw him mix it up this year and I’m not worried if he leaves it won’t be for no small school . Or he will just stay at Duke.

What we don't know is Joey's ultimate plan. Does he want to play in Europe, or is he interested in going to medical school or some other graduate school? He may not be looking at a long career in basketball any longer and he may have different motivations than guys who are looking to further their basketball career.

I have a lot of sympathy for Joey....especially his treatment this year on senior night and the latter part of the season. In the past he would have been given more minutes in the 4 years but with every recruiting class being full of OAD those got whittled away as he got older. We have had players in the past that were not good freshmen, ok sopohomores but who became contributing and then essential players as juniors and seniors...but that process now has disappeared from the program. He should transfer and play somewhere that makes him happy and gives him a chance to enjoy his last year of eligibility. I wish him nothing but the best.
I don't think the sky is falling in that regard. We just watched a junior Wendell Moore win the Dr. J award. And we watched sophomores Jeremy Roach and Mark Williams show real improvement year over year. Yes, it's going to be more seldom with the OAD thing going on, but it's not gone.

I see no reason Joey can't do something similar to what Alex did. Alex is slightly more athletic but both struggled defensively. Wish him the best if he does choose to go.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT