• Sean Stewart - 16 pts - 10 reb - 1 blk

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Powers!

That was fun.

Some nice shooting and scoring tonight. Loved Stewart's game tonight. Hope he continues to grow into that big man we need.

Glad McCain shot himself out of his mini game slump.

Reactions: sheyduke
Missed the game I was working but looks like we got our breakout game from Stewart. 16 and 10! It's LaSalle and one game but a huge step forward for him and just what this team needs. Proctor with a huge game. I feel bad for Blakes; he's buried behind the other guards but it is what it is. Hopefully we can get consistency from the freshman guards moving forward; they're like a box of chocolates right now; you never know what you're gonna get.

Last edited:
Asking as an outsider. I know the last 2 games were against lesser competition. Can Stewart put up those numbers against ACC competition? Will he eventually average 20 mpg?
Thanks.

Blakes has played the last two games and gotten in a lot . His entire thing is can he produce .
Stewart might not hit 20 mpg but he will be a big help going forward haven’t really seen anyone with his second jump since Bagley and Zion .

Reactions: youngman42
Blakes has played the last two games and gotten in a lot . His entire thing is can he produce .
Stewart might not hit 20 mpg but he will be a big help going forward haven’t really seen anyone with his second jump since Bagley and Zion .

Yes. Blakes has his usefulness here and there, but you are right.

I do like the nine man rotation. But whatever has happened to Schutt? That young man had every chance to get stronger, quicker, and even a quicker release and develop more range in his allegedly high quality shooting ability. Hope he develops himself and doesn’t transfer or just ride the pine the way so many others have done who get lost in the shuffle year one.

I agree Stewart has to see 15-20/game but I’m not convinced he, Flip, and Mitchell would be our best lineup.

I’m thinking that could limit Mitchell’s style of play, and his effectiveness.

But, now is the time to find out…

I agree Stewart has to see 15-20/game but I’m not convinced he, Flip, and Mitchell would be our best lineup.

I’m thinking that could limit Mitchell’s style of play, and his effectiveness.

But, now is the time to find out…
I am curious in what way? He played with Lively and Flip last year. Not arguing because i think it is something to think about but just expound if you dont mind.

Last edited:
Seeing the growth in Stewart's game tonight and Power's shooting ability gives me a warm feeling for the rest of the ceiling. Jon said he was still monkeying aound with lineups, so he has a whole lot to work with. OFC

Yes I heard that last game but as of now it looks like Powers is last man in unless he just becomes a defensive presence.
Blakes is in for his defense and be an interrupter .

Reactions: Mac9192
Stewart will get there, but it will probably be very up and down for a while, like the other freshman. His minutes will steadily increase, and I imagine he will be a 20mpg guy in ACC play. Powers will probably need to expand his game to get more minutes.

Stewart was a huge surprise but I'll go with Flip. He came out on fire the second half and gave us the energy we needed.

Finally watching the game after a long work week. A few thoughts.
1. Mitchell looks great. He and Proctor have made the soph. jump.
2. Proctor and Roach look way ahead of Foster and Mccain right now. Foster with some poor shot selection. He will get there; but has a ways to go. Roach with some iffy decisions as well.
3. Stewart...wow. Just what we need. He's still putting it together but he has NBA athleticism. Love how he rebounds in traffic and finishes. Big strong kid too. Will pair nicely with Cooper next year.
4. Flip is just so long. he's not a center; but a great college PF.
5. Dan Bonner is a good announcer. Some nice insight.
6. Nice to see Power hit a few 3's.
7. Stewart has a nice second jump. This kid can really help us going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke Blu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT