ADVERTISEMENT

Duke BC Thoughts

BlueDevil72

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Well that was a wild ride. Plenty to say about things that went wrong or we didn’t do well. But I’ll choose to mainly focus on the positive since we haven’t played in 20 something days, didn’t have our head coach, and BC shot lights out.

Moore - have to start with star who shined brightest. Who would have guessed it would taken a bank shot 3 to get him rolling haha. Solid performance from him and hopefully that will get him trending up. We need him on both ends. And wow, what a shot at the end.

Hurt - not his best shooting night, but made good plays and hit shots/rebounded. I noticed the tired legs on him more than others, and it effected him on both ends. We should have subbed for him more bc when he did get a blow, he would come in and make a play. Also hit a big shot and love seeing that from him. It was a non sexy 17 and 11 if that’s possible

Jordan - 12 points and 6 assists so a solid night statically. Had some bad moments as they all did, but he is still over achieving in my eyes. Just has to calm at times.

Roach - efficient shooting night at 5-8 and a quiet 12 and 5. When him and steward start to bring the defensive intensity both half’s that they did in the second, look out.

Steward - bad shooting night, it happens. Tried to force and got out of control a handful of times. But love his effort and attitude on the court. Good outweighs the bad even when his shots aren’t falling

Mark - I feel like a broken record but it was another game that he couldn’t guard anyone and didn’t really play. I think a better way of saying it is that hurt and him couldn’t be on the floor together and hurts playing 30+ minutes when not in foul trouble, so mark is odd man out. If hurt were quicker to guard a small 4, it would change things. But teams like this are going to mean minimal minutes for mark

Joey - he hit a shot so that was nice. Moore playing well and the need for defense to press phased him out a bit. I still like him in the games more than ever, but will never understand how a shooter like him isn’t better at getting himself looks.

brake - Moore playing well took his minutes as well it seems. Press with 3 guards and Moore/hurt was going to be the main group. Not going to think this means much overall for him, just not his night and couldn’t get his two looks to fall

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News