ADVERTISEMENT

Focus on the positives

If I’m wrong you have my word I’ll be here next year owning it and eating crow.
I'll hold you to it man. We're all hurting. Roach is a great kid who gave it his all. This will only make him better. Next year's group is his, and Moore's if he returns.

Reactions: DBM0828
If I’m wrong you have my word I’ll be here next year owning it and eating crow.
Get ready then because Roach delivered . His first NCAA tourney and not to mention he lost his starting job and got it back. Dukes back court as a whole just wasn’t meshing well.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
I'll hold you to it man. We're all hurting. Roach is a great kid who gave it his all. This will only make him better. Next year's group is his, and Moore's if he returns.
It’s wishful thinking to see Moore return with Keels and Roach .
my other question is will Blake’s stay and show why Scheyer is so high on him.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I would love JJ and I think we all know we need a shooting coach. Our perimeter game has dropped off in recent years.

OFC
I would love JJ as well but if we bring him in how much can he teach the guys in a year or two? The way we recruit seems to be one and done type players. The others transfer out because of playing time. The only one that stayed long is Baker.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm not gonna lie I woke up feeling really down. The entire sports world seems to take glee in our demise, and now they are jumping all over Coach K for supposedly throwing Mark Williams under the bus in the presser. The hatred people have towards us and Coach K is draining. I will avoid social media this week, and hopefully we will get lucky and someone besides Roach comes back.

Reactions: DBM0828
Why do we think Griffin is gone? Hasnt proven any consistency....another year could help him ( as we always say)...same with Keels. Neither looks ready to jump to the next level. The "potential" word is always thrown around but they dont look ready.

I'm not gonna lie I woke up feeling really down. The entire sports world seems to take glee in our demise, and now they are jumping all over Coach K for supposedly throwing Mark Williams under the bus in the presser. The hatred people have towards us and Coach K is draining. I will avoid social media this week, and hopefully we will get lucky and someone besides Roach comes back.
Mark couldn’t rebound against Bacot but I’m like you I’ll avoid it all.
Don’t know if keels will return but he has dropped off draft boards .

Forever. This is forever. The only thing that wipes it away will never happen. We will never meet them in the tournament with K at the helm again. I think this effectively ends the rivalry as we know it. It will always be there. Nothing will ever trump it. This puts so much more pressure on Jon and the next team.

Nonsense, K has the rings. NC will never have anyone that will come close to matching him.

Reactions: pisgah101
Why do we think Griffin is gone? Hasnt proven any consistency....another year could help him ( as we always say)...same with Keels. Neither looks ready to jump to the next level. The "potential" word is always thrown around but they dont look ready.
He’s gone . Griffin is lottery to early first round . Keels is the one I think returns . He needs to work on his over all game ( shooting, defense ball handling ) another year gets him into the first round .

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I agree but he’s likely a lotto pick which means he’s gone. He is going to have to work on his shot release, it’s not going to work in the nba. Too slow. Keels is the only one we have a chance at returning imo

He’s gone . Griffin is lottery to early first round . Keels is the one I think returns . He needs to work on his over all game ( shooting, defense ball handling ) another year gets him into the first round .

Griffin is a lottery pick? I dont watch the NBA but if so..the standard must have dropped a lot

If Keels returns that would really improve our prospects for next year. If we roll out Roach and 4 freshman that looks like a bubble team to me. If Keels or Moore don't come back we need to hit a home run in the portal, not get a Bates Jones (who I like).

I would love JJ as well but if we bring him in how much can he teach the guys in a year or two? The way we recruit seems to be one and done type players. The others transfer out because of playing time. The only one that stayed long is Baker.
TOB you have a point there. Just my two cents. I do think JJ would be an asset however. His 17 years (guesstimate) in the NBA should garner much RESPECT from OAD's. OFC

Griffin is a lottery pick? I dont watch the NBA but if so..the standard must have dropped a lot
It’s off potential and scouts make more money then me but he’s going lottery or early first round. All Griffin needs to do is work on his speed and athleticism which he can do in the league . Plus we don’t get Mitchell or Whitehead ( either,or ) if he was coming back .
beginning of the season he was in the talk for top five pick before the injury .

This right here, we need impact transfers
Don’t get your hopes up. Duke reached out to six shooters this past season and not one was interested . Transfer want playing time and Jon would have to sell them that they will get it . Kinda hard to do

Guys seem to value playing time over winning. Coleman would rather start on an NIT team than go to the final four with Duke. Hindsight I know, but guys see their career as a business. I imagine Coleman would do the same thing again. Steward could have helped our shooting; that one's still a head scratcher.

Guys seem to value playing time over winning. Coleman would rather start on an NIT team than go to the final four with Duke. Hindsight I know, but guys see their career as a business. I imagine Coleman would do the same thing again. Steward could have helped our shooting; that one's still a head scratcher.
Steward and Coleman both would've seen time this season. Especially Steward, just wouldn't have been starters. Those guys didn't want to play second fiddle. And that's what hurts us. Joey could've been the dude, but his defense kept him off the floor.

Stewart thought his talent was more but it wasn’t .
Coleman made the right choice he went where he could play a significant role instead of getting spot minutes off the bench ( he wouldn’t have started ) .
there are so many players in the transfer portal already and I don’t think Duke will look at any until they know for sure who’s gone .

Reactions: christophero
Steward was the key to us cutting down the nets imo. He would have made a big jump. We could afford to lose Hurt, but losing our two best shooters from last year was a big hit. I hate relying on freshman for shooting because they are so streaky. Getting basically nothing from Blakes also hurt us. People had high expectations for him coming in to be a spark plug off the bench on defense. To be fair Moore was streaky too. Still, we made a good run.

I didn't feel like he through anyone under the bus. He stated a fact that we missed some shots. What was he supposed to do, ignore that? All the haters would kill to have K come and coach them. Frankly, I thought K should have thrown the refs under the bus but he can't win no matter what he says.

That's the point though. They just look for bad stuff. So now, everyone is talking about us being sore losers.

rebounding hurt Duke as well. Stewart was never coming back and as far as Blake’s goes. I wonder if he returns or enters the portal . No one wants to ride a bench I know Scheyer is high on him .

Reactions: christophero
This is the quality of game you want to go out on. We always knew playing UNC in the NCAA Tournament (no matter the year) was high stakes. We lost. In a nail biter they hit the 3 and then their free throws.

Magical Final Four run. Exactly what the '18 and '19 teams deserved.

That's it.

Couldn’t perform under the big lights of the acc tournament championship or the final 4

You’re being a little bit overly emotional Duke played their hearts out last night despite foul trouble from the get go. Just wasn’t enough. Where was AJ? He’s the guy that was the difference maker in Chapel Hill.

I think Kansas wins tomorrow night because Carolina won their championship Saturday.

we had banchero griffin mark williams and theo john and bacot got 21 boards
It’s called foul trouble
This is the quality of game you want to go out on. We always knew playing UNC in the NCAA Tournament (no matter the year) was high stakes. We lost. In a nail biter they hit the 3 and then their free throws.

Magical Final Four run. Exactly what the '18 and '19 teams deserved.

That's it.

Thank Gawd someone with some calm sense. This team went 32-7. finished first in the league and Coach K ended up becoming the first Coach to go to the final four in five different decades at 75 years old.

What were some of you guys going to hold a party last night if Duke had only just lost to Kentucky in the semifinal and not UNC? lol. whether last night or tomorrow night Krzyzewski’s career was ending in 48 hours.

Also I’m sick and tired of hearing about this farewell season versus how other coaches have done it. I would’ve personally been disgusted had K announced an immediate retirement last year like some other schools I know. Hell then everybody would’ve bashed him for quitting because he didn’t have a good team last year. See how it works??? And you all know they would have!

It doesn’t matter what the man does, all the other idiots and haters we have to deal with will just come up with some other BS comment to try and downplay it.

Who was in foul trouble other then Theo? Did someone foul out? Lost on that one .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT