ADVERTISEMENT

Final four…

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Are we sure were actually in it and playing our biggest rival for what could be the biggest game in the history of the sport?? Cuz this board is deader then the fun at shows board… come on we’re going to the freaking FINAL FOUR

I myself am in shock that we got through 4 rounds and are again in the Final Four. I am proud and thrilled that this group got Coach K to the last weekend. I have confidence that Duke will win Saturday, mainly based on Coach K's ability to figure out a strategy with this much time (similar to Saban) and the determination the team has. But most of all I am so happy that we are one of the Last Four Standing.

Agreed. This team has made a breakthrough. I am thrilled with the final four. Coach K's last season is a success regardless of what happens this weekend. I was honestly having my doubts about a one and done laden team being consistent enough to make the final four. If we had lost to MSU I would have become bitter, esp. after last year. I was glad to be wrong. Roach coming on seems to have our offense running smoothly. We will never be a great defensive team, there are no Battiers, but we might have good enough offense to hoist a trophy. Williams has really become a rock down low. Those two were very up and down early in the year. It's been nice to see the progress.

I think I'm just trying to savor and cherish this journey. Honestly after those two painful losses we endured I didn't have a lot of faith left. Glad to be proven wrong a million times over. So proud of this group. But as the late Mr. Bryant used to say.... The job is not done!!!

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I woke up this morning so thankful that we are still playing basketball! I always believed that anything was possible, and that this team could beat anyone, and I still believe both of those things. But I would be lying if i didn't admit that I thought the S16 might be our final stop this year. Now this crazy storybook ending is set up before us. You just cannot make this stuff up! It's a challenging journey ahead. UNC is not going to roll over. They are a formidable team playing the best basketball of the year. If we get past UNC.....I think we do, either of the remaining teams are very tough. Who knows????

But just to be here and now, with this team, in Coach K's last year, to have a chance at #6 to end an era is abso-freakin'-lutely INSANE!!!! If, and it's a big IF, but if we do get #6 it would go down as one of the greatest stories in history of sports. The '69 Jets, Nicklas at the '86 Masters, '80 Miracle on Ice, '83 NC State's NC.....it's right there with every one of them.

LET'S GO DUKE!! Make history!!

Yeah I’m just trying to soak it all in! I feel like I’m in a dream! I want to celebrate once the deed is done! We know what’s at stake and we know who we’re playing. Nothing much more to say!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT