ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I’m not really sure how I feel about this one. We’ve had a couple of rough outings since returning from our Covid layoff, and are in dire need of a bounce back game.

At the same time, Wake Forest has notoriously given us trouble in Winston-Salem.

Saturday was just ugly, and when we finally battled back and got the lead, we played the final 30 seconds of that game about as bad as it could be played. We looked like a “young“ team on Saturday.

All that said, Coach K will have them ready. Without question this team will be motivated and prepared.

As of midnight central time, Duke is a -4.5 favorite. I like it - I think we win and cover.

Tonight‘s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air, unfortunately AGAIN, on the ACC Network.

Duke 80

Wake Forest 71

GO DUKE!!!!!

K says the team is tired and when they are tired they look awful. Wake wins and I go to bed mad

I'm really worried about this game. Duke hasn't played well on the road (other than neutral courts) lately and that gives Wake a 8-10 point advantage. It's time for the guys to show what they are made of against a mediocre ACC lineup on the road. Otherwise, they aren't what we hoped they would be.

So I'll be rooting like hell but have no idea the outcome.

If Duke plays to their potential they win if they play down to their potential they loose.
Duke in a close one.

I think Duke wins if our guards are better, and Banchero plays like he’s 6-10,250, not 6-6,180.
He might be the 1st or 2nd projected pick in the draft, that’s cool. But, for the remainder of his one season here, he needs to man up.

I don’t want to hear any more excuses. Stanford just beat USC, and their story was similar to Duke’s in they hadn’t played in over 2 weeks either.

Twitter reporting Coach K is out due to NON-Covid related illness. Get well soon GOAT!

If true - it will be interesting to see if Coach John uses the rotation any differently…

Reactions: Liftee and sheyduke
I'm really worried about this game. Duke hasn't played well on the road (other than neutral courts) lately and that gives Wake a 8-10 point advantage. It's time for the guys to show what they are made of against a mediocre ACC lineup on the road. Otherwise, they aren't what we hoped they would be.

So I'll be rooting like hell but have no idea the outcome.
I think a whole of us in that same boat buddy!

I’m not even sure we practice any offensive sets. Same old same old isolation one vs. one basketball every year.

Well Paolo is making baskets . The other six players who have played have combined for the other six points.

Becoming pretty clear if you make Duke play half court offense you have a chance to win.

For a big team we sure do miss a lot of easy shots around the basket and give up a lot of rebounds.

When you pass the ball , good things happen. Every team knows to make Duke prove they can hit jump shots. Tonight is nothing new! Well except they didn’t game plan good for AJ

12 point lead. Looks like Banchero and AJ balling, the rest of the team, not so much. Moore and Roach 3 combined points. Yikes.

Start the bus. 18 point lead. Hope Keels injury minor. Hearing it's his shoulder.

Nice focus second half against a good team at home with a loud crowd....nice bounce back.

Good first start for AJ. For this team to be at their best. Need more from Mark . Not worried about the rest but Mark needs to be more physical.

@Fourteen44 I’ll accept your apology if you’re man enough to give one. Looks as though coach K and staff agreed with me after all….almost as if I knew what was coming a few weeks ago……

@Fourteen44 I’ll accept your apology if you’re man enough to give one. Looks as though coach K and staff agreed with me after all….almost as if I knew what was coming a few weeks ago……
You really obsess over me. Typical beta Leftist 😂. I bet you can’t wait for your 11 y/o to get vaxxed.

btw Coach K wasn’t there - you really put your foot in your mouth again!

Last edited:
I didn't know what was going to happen in this game and had a bad feeling. I'm so glad I was completely wrong!

If only Williams were stronger with the ball.

I hope Keels is OK because it looked like he was getting his offensive Mojo back. Roach took his benching well also.

We are having open tryouts for the 7th and 8th guy. I say give Bates Jones a shot.

I didn't know what was going to happen in this game and had a bad feeling. I'm so glad I was completely wrong!

If only Williams were stronger with the ball.

I hope Keels is OK because it looked like he was getting his offensive Mojo back. Roach took his benching well also.

We are having open tryouts for the 7th and 8th guy. I say give Bates Jones a shot.
Completely agree. Joey tries hard but if he is not hitting shots what does he give us? Jones could have a few minutes. Also Theo may be having back issues and is giving us less and less. Let Jones have a shot for a game.
I just watched the 2nd half. If AJ Griffin keeps improving like this he's a top 5 pick. Wow he looks good(22 points), and this was on the road against a decent team in the ACC. Moore looks like he's getting his sea legs back, I'm not worried about him. Great win. Also really impressed with coach Scheyer. He looks like he really knows the game, and made some nice adjustments.

Last edited:
You really obsess over me. Typical beta Leftist 😂. I bet you can’t wait for your 11 y/o to get vaxxed.

btw Coach K wasn’t there - you really put your foot in your mouth again!
Couple of things:

A: This is what you do; you now turn this into a non basketball debate lmfao

B: K wasn’t there, but you are implying that he didn’t have anything to do with the game plan. Really? You seriously cannot even make this up lol

C: You’ve proven (Facts are that I was correct) that you simply can’t admit you were wrong.

D: Love me or hate me, I was 1,000% correct and you simply can’t admit that.

E: I know more than you and you Don’t know how to F’ing handle it

F: Most importantly, minus you trying to troll me, I was 100% correct, AGAIN!

G: LETS GO DUKE!!!!

H: Leftists, lmfao, looks as though we may agree on that….

I look forward to trying to actually debate basketball in the future. You simply cannot do that, which makes it very entertaining for me lol.

Last edited:
Can we end the Keels on ball experiment? He just isnt good on the ball. He is much better on offense when he is making quick decisions, when he puts the ball down and starts dribbling, it usually ends very bad.

Moore needs to be the primary ball handler, then AJ and Paolo. Everyone else needs to play off of them. Moore is the best facilitator on the team, and there is a big gap between Paolo/AJ and everyone else when it comes to creating their own shots in the half court. It seems like in the 2nd half they went with more of this kind of offense. Hopefully it will continue.

Couple of things:

A: This is what you do; you now turn this into a non basketball debate lmfao

B: K wasn’t there, but you are implying that he didn’t have anything to do with the game plan. Really? You seriously cannot even make this up lol

C: You’ve proven (Facts are that I was correct) that you simply can’t admit you were wrong.

D: Love me or hate me, I was 1,000% correct and you simply can’t admit that.

E: I know more than you and you Don’t know how to F’ing handle it

F: Most importantly, minus you trying to troll me, I was 100% correct, AGAIN!

G: LETS GO DUKE!!!!

H: Leftists, lmfao, looks as though we may agree on that….

I look forward to trying to actually debate basketball in the future. You simply cannot do that, which makes it very entertaining for me lol.
You know more than me? Coming from the clown who first said “Duke doesn’t have a real PG” to which I replied “do you realize how many teams don’t have a pure PG?” and then you tried to (and continue to try) to shift and focus on Roach. Now you continue with an adolescent tirade of “you know you’re wrong” and “I know more than you”. You are stomping your feet in desperation, and it’s glorious.

btw if you knew more than me, why do you fail so badly on sars CoV 2? You’re pro-vaxx and pro-mask mandate aka beta male😂😘

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT