ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Trent and Bagley have to play smarter on the wings.Kansas loves to shoot corner 3.
I think zone press after a basket will work better than it did last night.

I'm glad we won after not shooting that great. KU is always super tough and its a home game for them. Duke wins by 2

Really happy that we won this game and struggled doing it. Hope this is the last one. We must play a lot better offensively vs. Kansas. OFC

Reactions: christophero
The game was a dogfight last night but we pulled it out. I thought we would win by more. Maybe it’s just something about a zone that makes it harder to make a 3. That’s twice we shot terrible against the zone. Everybody has shot bad from 3 against us in the zone. It’s very interesting. Carter and Bagley are beasts that can’t really be tamed unless the guards neglect them for stretches. Both have definitely stepped it up at the free throw line. Bagley has a really good midrange shot. He looked good shooting the jumpers in the middle. I’m not a fan of Grayson shooting 14 3s though. That’s too many for 1 guy especially when he’s off. A lot were wide open but he could’ve attacked instead of settling for deep 3s. He played well though. Those Minnesota boys are clutch. Gary is so confident in late game situations. Very calm. Glad we won and can’t wait to be Kansas

Villanova worries 1000x more than KU right now. Stylistically, they present our Achilles heel (drive and kick; dribble drive). Kansas plays a style we can defend and score against.
Likewise. If we get past Kansas and play Nova, I think our only shot is if Grayson has a Wisconsin moment. If not, I think their experience coupled with our youth will catch up to us. But who knows, maybe Tech can knock them off.

Likewise. If we get past Kansas and play Nova, I think our only shot is if Grayson has a Wisconsin moment. If not, I think their experience coupled with our youth will catch up to us. But who knows, maybe Tech can knock them off.

Nah they have 0 inside presence

Nova has nothing downlow. Their bigs play outside. Our bigs will have to win us that game

Nova has nothing downlow. Their bigs play outside. Our bigs will have to win us that game

Our D will have to win this game. 49% of their shots are 3’s and they are explosive. They scored 35 in the last 10 minutes last night against a decent D.

Our D will have to win this game. 49% of their shots are 3’s and they are explosive. They scored 35 in the last 10 minutes last night against a decent D.
Wvu is a dumb team though. Some of the fouls they were committing was just stupid. I think we will have to make nova a 2 point shooting team. My thing is they are going to score but we have to impose our strength on them and kill them in th post. They haven’t faced a team with dominant bigs all year.

Nah they have 0 inside presence
Good to know. I just think in big time tourney games like that, you need a guard to hit some clutch shots. We will need Gary or Grayson to have some onions in that game. Like Hurley vs Vegas or Tyus vs UVA and Wisconsin type onions.

Reactions: christophero
Good to know. I just think in big time tourney games like that, you need a guard to hit some clutch shots. We will need Gary or Grayson to have some onions in that game. Like Hurley vs Vegas or Tyus vs UVA and Wisconsin type onions.
Yeah let’s win Tom but I think we will beat nova like 88 to 80 in a back and forth game

Before the tourney I was really thinkin I’d like to see Duke match up with Texas Tech because we’ve never played them I believe and I just like their style. It’s interesting watching them play. Now I’m rooting even harder for them to win because I think we take them easier than Nova...if we beat Kansas...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT