ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS RHODE ISLAND NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We looked good as I figured. Rhode Island had no chance. I just can't see us losing on a neutral court. That's just me. Yes, UNC beat us but we did a lot of coasting plus they had seen our zone and Syracuse zone 3 times in a week. We held them to 39% shooting in the lost. I don't see any other team eating our zone up. Plus we have the flexibility to change to the 3-2 if a team is hitting 3's and attacking the middle more than our liking. Duval and Grayson are both stepping up in the backcourt. They're taking care of the ball and making good decisions. Tre actually looks like a shooter now. Our big men are just ELITE. That's all you can really say about those guys. They're special. We're going to win this!

MICHIGAN STATE WILL LOSE TO SYRACUSE! You heard it here first

What an incredible and memorable day! My son and I got to watch Duke for the first time ever in the NCAA tournament. What made it even better is that Duke won and Coach K claimed his 1099 career victory in D1, passing Pat Summit. Also, one of my best friends officiated today's game. Something I will never forget being part of! Let's go Duke!

Last edited:
Not trying to be a downer, but we've done in the first two rounds exactly what we should have done. Coach K and the staff assembled this team for this reason.
We have a point guard in Duval that has played pretty good in these games. That's what we must have, a descent Duval, nothing spectacular, just good. We have elite big men. We have Bagley, no one else does. Trent is hitting some shots as well. Delaurier and Bolden gave good minutes off the bench.
Last but not least, Grayson is the leader. He was 3-6 today in a rout. People need to see how good that is, and that's what leaders do. He wants to win.
Now moving on, they just each need to continue doing their jobs. One game at a time, and hopefully we win two at the next stop. We'll find out tomorrow who our next game will be against, and then they'll get ready to pick them apart.
I think we are the best team in the country, this Duke team can win by either pounding the ball inside or hitting three's. No one else is as well rounded as a team as we are, we just need to prove it, and we can if we stay focused.

Funny story. Perhaps due to last year I was very nervous about the game. I was driving to my favorite hiking spot listening to the start of the game. We were down 4 and I started worrying. So I went hiking around a lake, came back to my car and checked my phone and we were up 17. I yelled "yes!" very loud in my car and some people looked at me funny. I then raced home and caught most of the 2nd half. :)

Last week ESPN had an article listing each top team and their nightmare matchups. Duke’s nightmare matchup was RI lol

Reactions: christophero
Last week ESPN had an article listing each top team and their nightmare matchups. Duke’s nightmare matchup was RI lol

Right. And I laughed at it then. Rhode Island had no chance unless we switched back to man just for this game and played like Virginia

Great play during these first couple days. The defense (although it looks so weird for us) looks amazing. That’s the most encouraging thing for me. We need Trent and Grayson to stay hot from the outside.

Reactions: christophero
What an absolutely dominating game by these young Duke kids. Everyone seemed to be engaged and really tuned into each other. If they can sustain that concentration and togetherness, they will hang #6, but it gets much tougher from here on out. Next weekend will be a challenge and test of their maturity, and if they are to advance to the Elite 8, they will need a performance at least as good as yesterday.
The guards must not let up, and if they can equal or hopefully improve their play in the Sweet 16, watch out. For now, we are blessed with one more game, and we're 2-0 with 4 to go!
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
They really aren't as good as everyone is hyping them up to be. That Syracuse zone will definitely limit them.They had 2 wins against tournament teams this year. Syracuse is going to beat them

If this prediction holds true, come to ky and I'll buy you a beer!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT