ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME ACC TOURNEY QTR FINAL GAMEDAY THREAD

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Man I love Championship week!!! @Showenuff do you still have the ACC party? I’ve always thought that’s such a cool thing!

Onto tonight. This going to be a really, really tough game. Getting a bunch of freshman fired up for the ACC tournament against a team that is literally fighting for its tourney life. I expect Colson and Ferrell to have big nights but I still think we’re just too deep, fast and athletic.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPNHD.

Duke 74

Notre Dame 68

GO DUKE!!!

Reactions: Quavarius
I don’t see any way ND wins this game unless they hit 12+ 3s. Bonzie is out of shape and I imagine a 3rd game in 3 days will not be easy on him or the rest of the team. Duke wins...

Duke 73

Notre Dame 64

Reactions: Quavarius
Pretty simple. Either Duke blows them out or it is a Game decided in the last minute.

We have to much talent & this is the Irish's third game in three days!! We win by double didgits! GO DUKE!!!!
OFC

Duke 78
ND 65
I think the Irish looked tired yesterday. I think we will try to speed them up a little and put some 3/4 pressure on them. Bagley and Carter are going to dominate tonight!

Duke 74
ND 61

ND looked tired yesterday, can't imagine today. Don't think the game is even as close as the score indicates.

Duke - 77
ND - 65

I get that ND looked tired yesterday but as people have stated ND is playing for their tournament lives and a win vs Duke would probably get them in. Plus the only meeting this year no Ferrell and no Colson so you know they want to get there last shot at them.... in saying all of that, duke wins pulling away in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Hopefully our big boys stay out of foul trouble and we control this one throughout. This will be the only chance these starting freshmen have at winning a conference title. Let’s see what their championship drive looks like.

ND will give it their all. Let’s remove all hope from their situation.

Duke outscores them by 20 in the second half. 80-62 us.

I have a hard time believing we can play with energy and consistency on both ends of the floor for 9 games in a row. But I like our chances one game at a time. If they focus on what they need to do each and every game, we can make it happen. It starts tonight. I think we win this one.

ND will be a tough out tonight no matter how tired they are, Duke is everyone's Super Bowl. We better defend the corner 3 tonight and make free throws or this will be a very tight game. Not sure on the score but I think this comes down to the final 2 minutes of the game. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: skysdad
I'm not as worried as I usually would be, but they will be amped up to win to help their tourney chances, and the crowd will help. Hope we jump on them early and take their energy and the crowds energy out.

ND will be a tough out tonight no matter how tired they are, Duke is everyone's Super Bowl. We better defend the corner 3 tonight and make free throws or this will be a very tight game. Not sure on the score but I think this comes down to the final 2 minutes of the game. I hope I am wrong.

Yes, we better make our FT's cause ND will certainly make their's. That's the good thing about the zone, we don't foul as much, which means we take away one of ND's favorite ways of scoring.

Reactions: skysdad
No excuses...play with A LOT energy and send a message. Dominate from the tip and put them away in the 2nd. Duke wins 82-67

If we bring any kind of energy at all we win this by 12-15 points. Let's avoid those painfully long scoring droughts. OAC with 12 off the bench!

Duke 84
ND 71

I'm seeing Duke -6 as an early line.

Man I hope it's not that close. We need to put this game away before the unx fans show up for their game.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Will have to wait until this one is over to watch it. But I'm gonna still keep up with the game thread so no one talk about the game, please.

Duke needs to start strong and stay strong to wear them down. ND is veteran team who is tired and fighting for their tourney lives. The more inspired they are the longer they will fight. This will also keep the unx fans from being more engaged against Duke than they are for their own squad.

ND’s 3 games in 3 days catches up with them.

Duke 71
ND 59

I don't know what will happen tonight, but what should happen is Duke beats the wheels off of Notre Dame. The only person on their team that is a major concern is Colson. The rest of them are just role players.
We are Duke, and K has handpicked the talent he wanted.
K has prepared this bunch for this time of the year, and we should send a major statement tonight that we are peaking at the right time.
In my opinion, any thing less than a 10 point victory is unacceptable.

I'm seeing Duke -6 as an early line.

Man I hope it's not that close. We need to put this game away before the unx fans show up for their game.
Oh don’t worry they’ll be out in full force for our game.

I got a 2013 feeling about this one. If we don't take care of business tonight, a 2 seed it is. We can have a 1 but we need to take care of business.

I'm surprised it is Duke -6. That is the same line we had against VTech and I was certain we were going to cover. I'm certain we are going to cover tonight too. Not sure how I feel about that...

Reactions: bmbritt
I got a 2013 feeling about this one. If we don't take care of business tonight, a 2 seed it is. We can have a 1 but we need to take care of business.

I don't want a repeat of 2013. No team has won the NCAA Championship without winning atleast one game in their conference tournament.

Work schedule and a couple of other issues cancelled this years ACC Party. Next year we are on, we bought a condo and I have access to a nice clubhouse by the pool for our next throw down. We'll cook a hog, do oysters, chili and clam chowder like usual with all the side goodies. I like Duke in this one, but it's not gonna be easy like most of ya'll are thinking. Brey hates losing to K and Bonzie is gonna be trouble in the paint.

Duke 75-70...close throughout but tired ND legs play a factor. GO Duke!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT