ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

UNC's bad outside shooting will lead to their downfall in the tourney. I'm not going to shed any tears :cool:

Sorry buddy, blocking out is hard to do in zone, and they hadn't size to counter defensively, or on the offensive boards. It's on K, not the players.

We'll just disagree and leave it at that. You can have the last word. OFC

Questioning the small lineup is fine. Concluding the small lineup cost us the game is to ignore the positives of the extra handler and shooter. However, Matt Jones is clearly not himself. Jeter might have been a slightly better option, but would've cost us some intangibles: transition D and some ball movement. It's hard to get past the rebounds, but we had plenty of opportunites to take the lead on open 3s, but just missed. I liked what we did. Matt just choked or was hurt.

When you win, it's the players; when you lose, always blame the coach.
Coach K had a game plan, we just were long on a lot of 3's and missed too many FT's. Those calling for Jeter, I just don't get. You have to understand, UNX got a lot of their misses and still missed. It was like they were just padding their rebound stats with no results. On to the ACC tournament.

Questioning the small lineup is fine. Concluding the small lineup cost us the game is to ignore the positives of the extra handler and shooter. However, Matt Jones is clearly not himself. Jeter might have been a slightly better option, but would've cost us some intangibles: transition D and some ball movement. It's hard to get past the rebounds, but we had plenty of opportunites to take the lead on open 3s, but just missed. I liked what we did. Matt just choked or was hurt.

Something seems to be wrong with him, it's like he's aged 20 years or something. I honestly have no clue what it is.

Why would Grayson stay and put up with petty college/espn created/inflated hysteria when he can go The Association in a down draft year and get paid?

Why would Grayson stay and put up with petty college/espn created/inflated hysteria when he can go The Association in a down draft year and get paid?
That's the thing, I was sure he'd come back for a third year and graduate in three. However, he now has to deal with all this media bullcrap and inevitable targeting by some teams. Moreover, his numbers won't be as good next year with the incoming class and Jefferson's presumable return. I think Duke is as close to being penciled in as a final two team next year with his return, but given these developments I think Grayson might bolt.

Grayson's numbers will be just as good next year lol and he embraces all the "bullcrap" it's not a sure a thing that he leaves that some are suggesting

This team doesnt feel bad about its limitations. They go out and fight. Have to love them for that. No info on Grayson, but he should go and get paid. He has improved significantly and has a shot to be a solid 2 in the league. Jeter and Thornton are going to be really good players for us by their junior years, overall this year has been a sucess considering the huge injury and youth.

Reactions: dbav
Grayson's numbers will be just as good next year lol and he embraces all the "bullcrap" it's not a sure a thing that he leaves that some are suggesting
Don't think it's a sure thing, but I'd imagine it would wear on a guy after a while. I don't see him averaging over 20 next year, especially with the production you'd expect from Giles, Amile, and Tatum. I think mid-high teens. His stock will probably remain about where it is, maybe slightly drop. Like I said, I saw him staying three years, but if he sees this year as being his best chance of going in the mid-late first round, with the media picking on him, couldn't blame him for leaving.

Hansbrough got as much playing time tonight as he does with the hornets

I hope that Matt Jones is playing through some injuries if that can be the case, he was awful on offense and he was slow in rotating on defense. I know he may be a team leader but he was not even serviceable tonight and I can't understand leaving him in there the last 10 minutes, DT is a good defender and I can't understand him not getting the run in this circumstance, just crazy to me to think Matt was a better option, UNC did not even pay him attention on defense, and he personally gave up a bunch of points with his defense, just don't understand why he got so much run tonight.

I saw Hansblow was at the game. I'm sure whoever hes playing for was more than happy to give him the night off. They probably encouraged it.
"Sure Tyler. What do you need? Two weeks? Three weeks?"

Do you read posts or just bits of them? Jones looks like he's hurt, and when Duke went with MP3 and Jeter, they did well. Instead, K went small with 4 1/2 men, and they were pulverized on the boards.

I'm proud of the guys on the floor; they played hard and it's obvious they are spent. Probably a quick ACC tourney and hopefully a Sweet 16.

It's crazy how uptight some get when K is questioned. He didn't adjust correctly in this one. Time to move on, yes, but it's still frustrating.
I'm sorry when we went to that line up we were still missing shots. Jones wasn't hurt but tired, yes. Now imo Jeter should have got more time at the beginning of the year instead of toward the end but that big line up didn't tie or help catch up to UNC. To say the line up worked it helped a little bit of rebounding but did nothing for scoring especially seeing as how most players couldn't hit shots.

I am sorry, there were two big calls (or no call) that totally changed this game. Ingram's second was complete BS. On every level of basketball, they need to address the offensive player lowering his shoulder and going into a defender. How the hell was that a foul on Ingram? And then right before half, down 38-32, the Heels body checked Duke, not just a no call, but Duke loses it out of bounds. Just as bad as my team in their conference tournament, our big gets a critical second foul called on him, and the ref comes over to our coach and simply says "my bad."

Having said that, this is one of the best officiated games I saw all season. Unfortunate they blew a couple of really huge calls and did not call Heels displacing Duke's drivers until the end of the game...

And what have you heard?

That's he's leaning on going at this point; person I heard it from is usually spot on.

I'm sorry when we went to that line up we were still missing shots. Jones wasn't hurt but tired, yes. Now imo Jeter should have got more time at the beginning of the year instead of toward the end but that big line up didn't tie or help catch up to UNC. To say the line up worked it helped a little bit of rebounding but did nothing for scoring especially seeing as how most players couldn't hit shots.

Yep, but were getting some second chances, and limiting Heel rebounds on their offensive sets.

That told me a lot lol

Sorry buddy, it's not like I can give you a name and phone number. That would be messed up lol. I'm not a typical Gary here, but that's one topic I've heard things on and as of now, he's leaning on going pro. He's a kid; that feeling could change.

Sorry buddy, it's not like I can give you a name and phone number. That would be messed up lol. I'm not a typical Gary here, but that's one topic I've heard things on and as of now, he's leaning on going pro. He's a kid; that feeling could change.

Haha no I'm just messing thanks for sharing

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
That's he's leaning on going at this point; person I heard it from is usually spot on.

Yep, but were getting some second chances, and limiting Heel rebounds on their offensive sets.
Gotcha, why didn't you just say that from the jump lol. All honesty I knew what you meant it's just one of those things this team will have to attempt to deal with. I do agree Jeter should have played more at the first of the season and will agree with most that you can't ask a fresh to come in when he knows he's being looked at to help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT