ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI ACC TOURNEY SEMIS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, I guess we just need to accept the fact that everyone is going to have their best game against us. UNC, we were just awful defensively. Today, we had our moments, but Cuse hit shots with consistency they couldn't duplicate if they tried. But survive and advance.

It's not going to get any easier tonight against Miami - a team that under Coach Larranaga, has given us fits. The Hurricanes do as good of a job as anybody at spreading Duke out in its man-to-man and running the drive and kick offense against us. We'll see how the game develops, but it's a game we might have to utilize the 2-3 zone in a little bit.

Duke currently sits at a -9 point favorite over The U. That seems like a boat load. Take the points and Miami in this one, even though I think we find a way to win.

Tonight's ACC semi-final game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 82

Miami 78

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We seem to struggle with teams that have really good guard play, and Miami has three really good guards. I'll go with a W, but it will be close.

76-73 Duke

3 predictions for today…1) the Miami Hurricanes play like the Miami Heat. 2) Virginia Tech forgets how to play basketball. 3) Three different fan bases will be in the Barclay Center rooting against duke harder than they will be rooting for their own teams

Miami 80
Duke 77

The Duke D has regressed so unless they make adjustments I see Miami winning.

Miami always gives us fits. Someone needs to step up and be "that dude."

I feel like we grind out a win. It won't be pretty, but we take it by 6-8 points. I do hope we can control their penetrating guards. Maybe see some zone d? Agree it would be nice if someone in blue/white stepped up and had a big game to lift us to a comfortable win.

Duke 81
Miami 75

I feel like we drop a close one tonight. Their guards destroy us and we don’t make an adjustment.

Miami 80
Duke. 75

My hope is that we win easily, VT wins. But I predict we win a grinder, and VT gets blown out.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
We seem to struggle with teams that have really good guard play, and Miami has three really good guards. I'll go with a W, but it will be close.

76-73 Duke
Because we have chosen to be stubborn and deny wing entry from 43ft from the basket. Way too much is opened up as a result. Would like to see them play the style they rolled out vs Virginia and keep teams out of the paint and make sure we close out on shooters with a purpose....

Reactions: Friction.
I think K will not allow Miami to spread us out like they did to us in the loss to them. Something tells me he will play a more conservative man.

Reactions: Jperry1987
I’m hoping some kind of fire lights up our guys abs they feel better from whatever they had. Should’ve never lost to Miami or unc, time to make it up

Reactions: sheyduke
Just stupid mistakes and head scratching misses. How does keels not shoot it that far in the paint?!

Embarrassing. I’ve yet to see a team regress on D the way this team has.

And I’ll admit it finally: Banchero is overrated. Good kid but wow he doesn’t defend.

Just keep the margin under 20 at half. Save some face here.

Wendell missed banch wide open under the basket smh

roach has gotta pass to John there but it somehow worked out

People who were asking about AJ shots. He has got to quit leaving his defensive assignment and mix it up.
Paolo just go inside !

What Banchero just did at 22-18 he needs to look to do every possession. THAT is impressive.

Moore is balling out - I hope he decides to stay for some reason.

Reactions: ioliva
Agreed but today he’s keeping us in it. I think it’s more mental with him. I mean he hadn’t done a move like that IN A LONG TOME
Agreed, that move was money.

What’s his deal on D though? He lightly cruises around a bit it seems.

if we looked to pass and help we’d break this press easy. Instead keels and roach trap themselves smh
Williams can’t grab a board he’s all butter fingers today

We are in big trouble we basically can’t defend anyone with a good guard. Miami has three tearing us a new one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT