ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Hurt's 4th and 5th fouls were highly questionable. Sheer examples of Teddy Valentine upstaging the game.

OFC

Two of the worst calls I have seen this season. There is a reason the Big Ten decided not to bring TV Teddy back to ref games in their conference. It's all about Teddy. I use to think Roger Ayers was the worst the NCAA had to offer in officiating, in the last few years Teddy has upstaged him easily.

Let me know when everyone is done blaming an official so I can start reading posts again

Reactions: SWEc/o95
Let me know when everyone is done blaming an official so I can start reading posts again

I don't think anyone is solely blaming the officials or an official. But to ignore how terrible those two calls were is effectively having your head in the sand. This is coming from someone who usually doesn't complain about officiating. But in last night's game we saw TV Teddy playing his part in the game and effecting the ultimate outcome of the game. To ignore that would be asinine.

I don't think anyone is solely blaming the officials or an official. But to ignore how terrible those two calls were is effectively having your head in the sand. This is coming from someone who usually doesn't complain about officiating. But in last night's game we saw TV Teddy playing his part in the game and effecting the ultimate outcome of the game. To ignore that would be asinine.
If blaming TV Teddy makes you feel better about last night then God bless

The last 2 fouls were not good calls on Hurt. But, bad calls happen. The issue I have is he seems to get in foul trouble almost every game.
The bottom line is we have too many guys that are inconsistent. We are too reliant on needing freshmen to be D1 ready, which these guys aren’t, and our guys that stay 3-4 years are role players at best.

We need to find magic in a bottle, immediately, or the season will soon be over.

The last 2 fouls were not good calls on Hurt. But, bad calls happen. The issue I have is he seems to get in foul trouble almost every game.
The bottom line is we have too many guys that are inconsistent. We are too reliant on needing freshmen to be D1 ready, which these guys aren’t, and our guys that stay 3-4 years are role players at best.

We need to find magic in a bottle, immediately, or the season will soon be over.
Great point! I thought about mentioning this earlier but didn’t. Many of his fouls are because he gets beat off the dribble or too slow to a certain spot. He can either learn how to play defense in college or go to the NBA where defense is optional

i think it was foul #3...dj forced a horrible drive attempt and kicked it to hurt to bail himself out...poor pass...hurt tried to prevent the TO and undercut the GT player scrambling for the ball

I think we are better the last 2 weeks. BUT
When Hurt has to sit we have no one in the frontcourt who can consistently score. Williams maybe; Brakefield is your typical Jeckyll and Hyde freshman and Tape does what he can. That combined with the guards in a slump and we will not beat many decent teams at the moment.

Reactions: Mac9192
This season brings to mind a famous Al McGuire quote: “The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores”. Of course, that was before OAD became commonplace, but it certainly applies to our remaining frosh. A very painful year to watch, but they should be ready next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT