ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This season was hopefully a lot of learning because the way Dukes guards are playing were not beating UNC.

If ever guard play was shown to be the key vs inside players or SF's etc the last two games have shown what is vital to success. Our guard trio is lacking any ability to score, defend or facilitate to affect games. Hopefully this shows up in our recruiting from this point forward. Great Duke teams were LED by great guards...that hole in our current team has exposed us against mediocre competition

Reactions: ioliva
TV Teddy with the worst two offensive foul calls on Matthew Hurt I've seen all year. We could've used him the last 6 minutes of regulation and in the OT. I'm not one who will ever complain about officiating. That shit was ****ing horrendous tonight. Not blaming that for the loss. But I'm having a really hard time with those calls. Call it on both ends if you're going to call it.

How does Ted Valentine remain employed? Consistently the worst official in college basketball year after year since the early 90s.

I feel so bad for these kids. They're getting trashed all over social media. It's completely unfair.

it's our turn to be down and it sucks. We will be better and guys will return and that is good, but we are a long, long, long way from being a superteam of any kind.

Reactions: crazyduke3
Looking forward...is there a good grad transfer out there for a PG? UL had the kid from Radford who torched us...and I have seen others....surely a season at Duke in the limelight would lure a good grad transfer to run the team vs freshman that are exposed as sub optimal

I think it's too early to give up on Roach. But getting Keels is starting to feel like a need for next season. Or yes, an experienced transfer to at least push Roach.

I think it's too early to give up on Roach. But getting Keels is starting to feel like a need for next season. Or yes, an experienced transfer to at least push Roach.

Way too early to give up on him. But he's definitely a work in progress. This whole group is. I love these kids and I want them all back again next year, Hurt too. It's a freaking travesty that he never gets a tournament shot. God that's depressing.

Not to get too into next year but....an 18 yo vs a 21-22 yo with the experience, strength and knowledge from 3-4 seasons of D1 play isn't that difficult of a choice imo......D1 isn't a place to learn on the job for a program to be successful

These close losses will really pay off. Unfortunately, it won’t be until the 2021-2022 season.

i'm sorry but luck has nothing to do with it....Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity as they say....we have been unprepared at the end of games

Hey, I swear this just means something GREATER is coming. We’ve been spoiled for 25 years of not having any down seasons. So this once in a 25 year event will be the beginning of something GREATER! Duke is winning it all in 2022.

I hope so. I'm just down even more knowing we're going to miss seeing Duke in the tournament two years straight, after two years of having our hearts broken in the elite eight.

Game recap and five observations. This one was painful.

having a bad attitude all the time will give you bad luck!
I think the team has a good attitude but the issues at the end of games is taking bad shots and guards not being able to penetrate or set other players up to be successful.

Brakefield had a good look, just didn't go down. Steward had a great look to tie in OT and it didn't go down either. I think that's bad luck.
Eh. Two guys that are not particularly good 3 point shooters missing shots is not bad luck. Duke didn't play to win on that last play of regulation. They played to make a highlight reel. All they needed was one point. But that's what basketball is nowadays, all game winners have to be 3 pointers. That's not bad luck, that's bad play calling.

Reactions: DBM0828
Bad karma? All y’all wanted to troll the turds last year...I told y’all to chill! Lol but not laughing

I sure wish Duke got all of the calls that haters claim we do. WHERE ARE ALL THE CALLS?

Reactions: hart2chesson
Eh. Two guys that are not particularly good 3 point shooters missing shots is not bad luck. Duke didn't play to win on that last play of regulation. They played to make a highlight reel. All they needed was one point. But that's what basketball is nowadays, all game winners have to be 3 pointers. That's not bad luck, that's bad play calling.
Go over to Kenpom’s site and see how “luck” is defined. If you’re a mathematically oriented person, it actually makes good sense.

Brakefield had a good look, just didn't go down. Steward had a great look to tie in OT and it didn't go down either. I think that's bad luck.
Wright closed out soooooo fast, he almost blocked it, that had to speed up his mechanics

Wrong time of the year for Brakefield, Roach, and Steward to play bad. Not long ago, I thought Brakefield looked similar to Winslow. Now, the poor kid looks awful. And Hurt has to be smarter. He’s constantly in foul trouble.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT