ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS EVANSVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Great to see Goldwire, Robinson, and White get some legit burn. Robinson is still a bit stiff. Goldwire and White looked pretty good to me. 7 assists for Goldwire! I'd like to see those guys get even 3-4 minutes in most games and see Goldwire improve enough to spell at PG just enough to rest some guys and be ready if we get in foul trouble.

It was unfortunate that Dru Smith of Evansville was out with a fractured foot. He's one of their better players.

Great to see Goldwire, Robinson, and White get some legit burn. Robinson is still a bit stiff. Goldwire and White looked pretty good to me. 7 assists for Goldwire! I'd like to see those guys get even 3-4 minutes in most games and see Goldwire improve enough to spell at PG just enough to rest some guys and be ready if we get in foul trouble.

It was unfortunate that Dru Smith of Evansville was out with a fractured foot. He's one of their better players.

Goldwire was outstanding. He also knows his role. There's going to be games where he doesn't see the court at all, but I think he knows it and accepts it. He'll be in play for sequences like against BC, where it might just be for a minute or two to steal time at the end of the first half half or to get us to the next TV timeout. If he can dial in his shooting the next couple of years he's going to be a key reserve the next three season's for our team.

A great defensive performance last night. The team came out from the start hot. Being a break game... the fans were in Section 17 and did a great job of representing the Crazies. At times Wendell had more points than Evansville... and the Crazies and fans sure did let Evansville know it with chants such as... "Wendells leading" or "Carters leading". I talked with Carter after the game and he said he wasn't aware that he was leading Evansville at some points in the game. I loved his last comment to me when I asked on the .. 10 games 20 day stretch... Carter - " Never underestimate a team and defense is our identity”

K presser - he mentioned "we played hard"... talked on Carter being a good shooter... said that Javin was out last 2 practices with a tight hamstring... he talked about "experienced talent is the best and we got a long road"...

Good game to see in person and I am going to watch it at home tonight as I'm sure it's worth seeing again. The starters were smiling and having a good time on the bench as the rest of the team was getting playing time.

This game has me like:

giphy.gif

Wendell walked into the locker room like:

a965563dc328ee5a43f4f9d65cc3df9f%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Penguins are the most badass animal on earth.....
Very progressive animals. Did you know??? The male penguin spends his early years searching for a stone on the hopes of finding a female that wont chuck it back into the ocean. When he finds this lovely lady, they produce an egg together and the male has to sit on that egg while the female goes on a drinking and cocaine snorting binge only to have her take all the credit after the baby penguin is born.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT