ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS EVANSVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
It’s about time we return to Duke Basketball!

Tonight we face a solid Evansville team (10-2) that should provide a decent mid-major challenge as we head back into ACC play after Christmas.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 86

Evansville 71

GO DUKE!!!!

I feel like this is the season opener! Not even sure what I hope to see except a win.

Disciplined defense?
Low turnovers?
Bagley / Carter rebound-fest?
Grayson / Trent 3-point bonanza?
Significant bench minutes?

Yeah, just glad they’re playing again.

Duke by 23

Reactions: GillJET
Changing my prediction after looking at the Evansville team page. They are very similar to BC. We’ll pull this one out at home, but I expect them to stay within 10 because they shoot 49.4% from deep.

Duke 91
Evansville 87

I’d like to see Carter and Bagley rotate with one another rather than play side by side. I know that won’t happen.

Last edited:
I’m just looking forward to see how we guard pick and rolls with Bagley and Carter. Are the still switching everything or just hedging hard like Bolden

Duke by 15.
Hope you're way off. The line is 28.5. Not a good statement after all this practice time if we win by 20 or less. Imo, Evansville needs to be held to less than 70 and we need to score at least 90.

Reactions: gottagonow
Finally back at it! Looking forward to see how Duke responds to a loss and how they play after a long break. This one should be won for Duke!

Duke:93
Evansville: 67

Let’s go Duke!!

Reactions: xxbigsig05xx
I just hope they come out strong, not a slow start after a long layoff. Then keep the pace going. Crisp passes, limited turnovers, etc.

I thought our season ended after the BC game. Guess i was reading the wrong posts.

Duke 87
Eville- 72
No, you were reading the posts where people were ripping Paulus. It's a good thing I didn't bring up all world Austin Rivers.

Reactions: hart2chesson
No, you were reading the posts where people were ripping Paulus. It's a good thing I didn't bring up all world Austin Rivers.
Rivers > Paulus. Might go add Austin to my undervalued team right now.

Duke 86
Evansville 71

Evansville goes 20-30 from 3 point land but our inside game brings us through. :) OFC

I would love to be feeling sorry for Evansville, but with this young and still developing group, you just never know. I will settle for them staying together and talking on defense, and closing the penetration into the lanes.
My guess is that these things will happen and Duke will right the ship.
Go Duke!
OFC

I'm I retested in seeing how the rotation goes after the starting 5.
I know Bolden and Javin and prob some Alex but is that where it ends

Duke 90
Evansville 74

I’m so ready for this game because I’ve been going through Duke basketball withdrawals

Grayson and Gary need to focus on defending tonight. If we chase them off the stripe, we win.
Technically Denver, the whole da*% team needs to focus on defending. The problems this season, or the last few have been a team problem, not one or two individuals.

Technically Denver, the whole da*% team needs to focus on defending. The problems this season, or the last few have been a team problem, not one or two individuals.
I believe Duval is consistently doing his job on D. The other guards seem to let up at times. Our bigs are trying, but they’re not seeing things quickly on that end.

Paulus can lock them down i bet.

This team has been playing organized ball together for barely more than a month. I think they continue to improve, and show signs of it tonight.
Duke 88-63

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke ready to see if these young men have been working on defense. Duke is at home so we will win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT