ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

What a fun game, impressive game and how about the emotion K and Cook Brought!!! K knows what he has here, and he's gonna coach the living hell outa them from here on out!!!!! Buckle in folks

Did anyone else notice how huge Sean Obi looked pretty huge sitting next to Okafor? He is broader and more muscled up. He will have a role if his feet are decent.

Originally posted by DukeDenver:
Did anyone else notice how huge Sean Obi looked pretty huge sitting next to Okafor? He is broader and more muscled up. He will have a role if his feet are decent.
He certainly looks like a space eater, Denver. We know he can rebound well, so if he's able to play decent defense, and score a little then he's going to be a big contributor for Duke.

OFC

I just saw a recap article on today's game and the title was "Blue Devils Cook up Justise against Clemson". That's a perfect summary of the game.

Clemson is 10th in the ACC, Duke just beat them by 20+ without their best player, and Clemson has proven that they would probably be the second best team in the SEC.

It was great to see that we had so much energy, emotion, focus, and good execution against a lesser team. We had been playing down to our opponents against many of the weaker teams. This could have been a dangerous game coming off the win on Wednesday plus no Okafor. Quinn Cook was a big reason why the game went the way it did, he has become a GREAT leader.

what would be the issue with him being out on the wing/perimeter....he has height/handle/and a shot????

Boy what a great game huh? To be honest, its high time these boys be past "emotional layovers" or whatever, so it's great to see that a game so huge as the UNC game did not deflate them at all.

For that I credit K. Excellent, excellent job by the Master.

So much I loved about this game. A tiny few I did not.

Defense was SO superb. No JAH, worthless 3-point shooting. and we still scored well. Because our defense continued to feed our offense. Why don't we press more? It SOOOOO refreshing to see this team play so well on defense. I found the full press defense today WAY more effective than that garbage halfcourt, man2man defense that has done no good for us. Part of it, I felt like the boys really put the effort in today and it was just great to see them really get after it

K gave grayson 18 minutes and I think that was completely fair and good. How great was it to see him come in and play dang well? He defended well, moved the ball well, took care care of the ball, hit ALL of his charity stripe points, drew fouls, hit a 3.... I'll stop gushing.

Justise, again, a beast. I'm just savoring these flavors because I'll never get to see these kids play ever again.

Tyus keeps getting better and better. Very talented.

So thankful for Quinn, talented seniors like him are always a true gift to behold.

Glad Matt did not allow his struggles on offense affect the rest of his game.

Marshall had some pretty good plays that didn't show up in the stat sheet.

The crazies were very good today and I'm glad they showed up

The meh's for the game

Amile's continued struggle. Was hoping UNC game was going to become a trend.

Matt's offense. Not sure what's going on there. But he's still making other plays.

3 POINT shooting. But w/e

Great great great win.

I just finished watching the game after being at the Bassmaster Classic all day and WOW I was very impressed and happy with how we looked! This team is really coming together and that was without our big boy! I'm so excited about the rest of this year! We're about to make some serious noise in March! And also way to go Grayson! Looked great out there and all over the place on D and O! Very happy for him and looking forward to him over the next few yrs

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
Ingram has a waaaaaayyyyyysssss to go in size to be able to start at the wing for Duke....
There have been plenty of slender players do very well on the perimeter as freshmen. Scheyer was pretty slender his freshman year and did well. Ingram is 6'8 which will really make him difficult to defend because he'll be able to get his shot over all the 6'5 and 6'6 wings in college ball.. Not every player has to look like Justise Winslow to be effective especially when talking about highly skilled perimeter players. Maybe post players need to have more muscle but for perimeter players, as long as they have the skills, can do just fine.

This post was edited on 2/21 11:59 PM by mo.st.dukie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT