ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm hoping that tonight's game will help us continue to find the consistency we've been looking for since our Covid layoff. Right now it feels like an every-other game thing. We need a good performance tonight for obvious reasons, but we're headed into a three game road trip after tonight culminating in round one against the clowns down Tobacco Road.

I don't know a lot about Clemson other than they have smacked a bad Virginia team twice and enter tonight's game with an 11-8 overall record and 3-5 in ACC play. They're also a +12.5 underdog tonight in Cameron. A spread that I think the Blue Devils will cover.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on ESPN 2.

Duke 84

Clemson 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If we can continue to reduce the unforced turnovers, and can give some better help side rotation when Mark Williams goes for the block, then I don't see us having any problem tonight. Then on to the road where we'll see exactly what Duke is made of.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Maybe because we don't always play like a top 10 team. But a 20 point win would not surprise me. Esp. at home. I still say 10. Certain teams seem to ball out against us.
2 early fouls on Banchero.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Clemson played as well as they could and we didn't have Paolo for most of the half. Need to cut down on turnovers then we'll be fine. Otherwise we have a fight on our hands

Mark Williams is really talented. Unfortunately for this Duke team, he has less muscle mass than I realized. His center of gravity is too high to be elite. He's fast . He has big hands . He's coordinated. He's 7'1". If he finds the right trainer, and commits himself, he could be David Robinson. But that doesn't help this team

I still believe this team can get to a final four and cut down the nets but we don’t seem to have the same defensive intensity nor the same offensive flow we had 2 months ago. Maybe everyone is thinking about the NBA already. Still time to turn it around though.

On pace for 18 turns and giving up 10 offensive rebounds. I still think we win this game by 10 points, but if we cannot figure out how to value the ball more I just don't see us winning big games. There's still time to sort it out.

I don’t know what it is but they are playing the same way in our other three losses and that’s with Jones and Baker contributing . That’s a little worry sum. Paolo hasn’t really gotten near the paint so it will be harder on him with the two fouls. Don’t really know where this team goes from here.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Half Court games and we are gonna struggle until we run some sort of offense. All we have is the hope of a dribble penetration breakdown and a kick out…Continually relying on 1 on 1 breakdowns and we will not win a damn thing.

Man Clemson keeps coming back. We're gonna need some production from Griffin and Roach soon.

How long since we last scored again? We where up 60-53….ridiculous a team this talented has these long scoring droughts game after game.

I’m not mad if Clemson wins they are the better team but this Duke team ( coaches and all) have some soul searching to do. If anyone says this is Duke basketball I’ll gladly eat my words. This is Clemson for Christ sakes and they are giving this team all they can handle AT HOME!

Just glad we take a stupid 3 for no reason to give Clemson an easy quick 2 to be in striking range. Wtf

Last edited:
Up two scores with 9 on the shot clock and he shoots that? And then let’s the guy run behind him for a dunk….

Absolutely brutal. We get the win but I’m not happy playing the way we did. No improvement

Reactions: Liftee
Tough game but we won…I can’t understand the scoring droughts…they make no sense to me.

A win is a win. Nice to see Baker making shots. Stats wise we played well. 48% from the field and 50% from 3. Clemson played well also. AJ was off but Roach stepped up late and made a couple baskets

Tough game but we won…I can’t understand the scoring droughts…they make no sense to me.

We used to have a guard or leader who would attack the basket and at least get FT's when we were struggling, that seems one area that we are lacking on the last few teams.

I will say it’s nice to see a play run and the ball in our best players hands in the end. And look….he scored and we won.

The other loses we went down without Paolo touching the ball.

Reactions: ioliva
You know this team will be in a dogfight the first weekend of the tournament. Still a win is a win. With Keels out we need more from AJ. Roach played well and Bates Jones with some minutes. Wish Joey would return next year we could use his grit and experience.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT