ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BRYANT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
A nice game-one win over Siena yesterday leads to tonight's matchup with Bryant University in the 2k Classic.

I don't think any of us think it'll be much of a game tonight against Bryant so let's just get right at it.

Unfortunately no national TV coverage - you can stream on ESPN3, however.

Game is slated for an 8pm est tip.

Duke 103

Bryant 62

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids should feel a little more comfortable tonight (freshmen), and hopefully we will shoot a little better from the outside. Look for Ingram to have an exceptional game and Luke to impose himself on Bryant. Duke wins big.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Yay two games in two days:) even if I do have to stream it! I hope Grayson shows up big again...
Duke-97
Bryant-57

What is this Bryant team like in comparison to Siena?

That's a good question, DukeitOut. They've only been in D-1 for about 6 or 7 years. Last year they gave UConn a good game before falling by 13. But they lost 2 all-conference players from last year. So, I don't know how good they'll be, but talent wise it will be no match. I expect Duke to control it easily with the margin depending on if Duke takes their foot off the pedal.

Duke 91
Bryant 65

OFC

Duke 97
Bryant 55

My first post in a while. My wife was in a terrible car accident in September and I've been living at the hospital ever since. She is finally out of the ICU and in stable condition (6 weeks in the ICU). The accident was a head-on collision with a semi going 60 mph. No alcohol or distracted driving was involved; just a freak accident. The other two people involved sustained minor injuries and were released from the hospital the day of the accident. My wife was not so lucky. She lost her blood 3 times over in the first 24 hours. The trauma surgeons said she would not have survived had it not been for the helicopter that life-flighted her to the hospital in less than 4 minutes (it would have been a 30 minute trip in an ambulance). She has gone through 14 surgeries to repair numerous fractures in her arms and legs and to repair injuries to many of her vital organs. She is not completely out of the woods yet. She is still battling some infections, but it seems to be under control. Amazingly, she suffered no neurological or spinal damage.

She is my hero and truly is the strongest person I know.

I hooked up the laptop to the TV in her room yesterday and we were able to watch the game together. It is the first of many small steps back to a normal life. The game lifted her spirits because she was so excited to see all the new faces and cheer on her new favorite player (now that Cook is gone), Grayson Allen. She's excited to watch the game today and hopes to see another blowout.

Duke 97
Bryant 55

My first post in a while. My wife was in a terrible car accident in September and I've been living at the hospital ever since. She is finally out of the ICU and in stable condition (6 weeks in the ICU). The accident was a head-on collision with a semi going 60 mph. No alcohol or distracted driving was involved; just a freak accident. The other two people involved sustained minor injuries and were released from the hospital the day of the accident. My wife was not so lucky. She lost her blood 3 times over in the first 24 hours. The trauma surgeons said she would not have survived had it not been for the helicopter that life-flighted her to the hospital in less than 4 minutes (it would have been a 30 minute trip in an ambulance). She has gone through 14 surgeries to repair numerous fractures in her arms and legs and to repair injuries to many of her vital organs. She is not completely out of the woods yet. She is still battling some infections, but it seems to be under control. Amazingly, she suffered no neurological or spinal damage.

I hooked up the laptop to the TV in her room yesterday and we were able to watch the game together. It is the first of many small steps back to a normal life. The game lifted her spirits because she was so excited to see all the new faces and cheer on her new favorite player (now that Cook is gone), Grayson Allen. She's excited to watch the game today and hopes to see another blowout.

Oh my, FTB, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I was going to start a thread last night to ask where you where.
You and your wife are in my prayers. She has been in a terrible ordeal, and yes, she is a very strong person to survive this. God bless you both, and know that all of us here are in your corner. Please let us know of any improvement. Stay strong my friend.

OFC

Oh my, FTB, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I was going to start a thread last night to ask where you where.
You and your wife are in my prayers. She has been in a terrible ordeal, and yes, she is a very strong person to survive this. God bless you both, and know that all of us here are in your corner. Please let us know of any improvement. Stay strong my friend.

OFC

Thank you, OADD! What is your email address?

Just for fun I'm going to pick the same score I picked for last night's game lol

Duke 95
Bryant 61

My prayers for you & your wife FTB. Praying for a full recovery!
Duke by a bunch tonight!

OFC

Duke 97
Bryant 55

Wow. So sorry you've been through that. Thanks for sharing.

Will pray for her and her continued recovery. Am thankful that she survived and also that you have been there for her.

Hang in there.

Fear the Beard, my friend. I am so sorry to hear that news old buddy. Will keep you in my prayers brother.

FTB. Damn man, I'm going to go kiss my wife. Your story hit me hard. Glad things are looking better. Hang in there.

Duke 97
Bryant 55

FTB, so sorry to hear this bud. I know I haven't talked to ya in a while but my thoughts are with you and your wife. You've only been living out there for a year now, right? Jeez... Wish we coulda met up in Vegas. Take care and keep us posted on her progress please. Your Duke fam, this board and all its regular posters, are here for ya.

Greg

FTB you and your wife are truly an inspiration. Duke wins for you today.

Duke - 87
Bryant - 48

I expect a renewed focus in D and less on O.

Duke 97
Bryant 55

Sorry to hear about your wife. You're definitely in my prayers and I'll reach out to my group at church and put her on our list at church. Take care friend!

Duke 97
Bryant 55

I wish nothing but the best for your wife man. Sports take a backseat in these situations. I can relate, I was in a bad accident in 09'. Have no memory of it. I woke up in Chapel Hill (of all places) not having a clue why. I lost so much blood from cracking my head open that the first responders were sure I was gone. I have limited use in my left arm now and get bad headaches still to this day. I hope she makes a strong recovery and you guys can get back to a normal life.

FTB you have my prayers. God bless you and your family, hang in there friend. I'm very thankful your wife survived.

Duke 97
Bryant 55

Oh my. Been wondering about you. Hope all progresses to being well again. Wish we had of known. Good to have you back my friend. OFC

Gunna miss the start of it and I don't think espn3 will let ya start the game over :(

Grayson can be a monster...old school physical player. We just need the offense to be fluid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT