ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry all - first time I’ve done this, this year. Swamped at worked, reminded myself this morning and then completely dropped the ball.

Anyway - From Syracuse, to BC and then on to...well we’ll discuss that later. As we all know, road games in the ACC are never easy.

That said, we’ve been road warriors all year and hopefully tonight is no different. We currently sit at -14.5 and I like us to cover in Chestnut Hill.

Tonight’s tilt will tip at 7pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 85

Boston College 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if Duke came back to Durham or if they just stayed up East?

Regardless...
Duke 80
BC 65

The defense looks better, Tre smothers Thornton again.

I think it will be close in the beginning and Duke pulls away and wins by 7

Duke 76
BC 69

Not sure why.. I feel like this could be a trap game.. off a nice win at Cuse Saturday and then looking toward Saturday at Carolina... still

Duke - 81
BC - 70

Reactions: Quavarius
I think this is a quintessential trap game - sandwiched between 31,000+ at the Carrier Dome and the 8-mile trip to Optional-Classes University. It would be a great sign and show a lot of character and focus if the guys are sharp right from the get-go. I think it might take them a little while to get going, but do enough in the second half to cover.

Duke - 80
BC - 66

As long as we stay focused and not look ahead, we should win pretty handley. Duke by double didgits!!!!
OFC

Duke 85
B.C. 69

Need to be ready to play. Don't even think about Sat. OFC

I'm ready for Saturday! Don't know anything about BC. Does Jared Dudley still play there?

Hopefully the team is more focused on this game than I am. GTHC!

Sorry all - first time I’ve done this, this year. Swamped at worked, reminded myself this morning and then completely dropped the all.

Anyway - From Syracuse, to BC and then on to...well we’ll discuss that later. As we all know, road games in the ACC are never easy.

That said, we’ve been road warriors all year and hopefully tonight is no different. We currently sit at -14.5 and I like us to cover in Chestnut Hill.

Duke 85

Boston College 69

No apology necessary. You are fantastic at what you do.

Anyone know if Duke came back to Durham or if they just stayed up East?

Regardless...
Duke 80
BC 65

The defense looks better, Tre smothers Thornton again.

That’s a good question. With Scheyer in the hospital in Syracuse I wonder if they just stayed in the area and Nolan just caught a flight to meet the team in Boston

Tre and Vernon should give us their usual. It’s who we are. We get double figures out of 1 reserve, we win easily.

Reactions: Liftee
Never know what you will get with a young team, especially on the road. I hope the kids are locked in to one game at a time. My guess is the "focus" will be there, and Duke gets another big road win

Go Duke!
OFC

Sorry all - first time I’ve done this, this year. Swamped at worked, reminded myself this morning and then completely dropped the ball.

Duke 85

Boston College 69

That's ok K-ville. I knew you would come through. I just thought you may have started to one finger peck everything in one key at a time again and that could take a while. :D OFC

What I would like to see tonight is a blowout from start to finish. Not for the sake of just blowing a team out but to give Coach K a opportunity turn give all our players some good p.t. It will give everyone a little rest also. Would love to see Joey getting about 15 minutes and some shots. Jav needs some p.t. also and wouldn't it be nice to see JRob in for just than mop up. I want to see everyone score tonight. For that to happen we are going to need to build up a big lead early and keep on extending and be ready Sat because you can bet everything that hof coach roy williams will have the heels convined that beating Duke is a must. OFC

I'll just take a win. Something about this one feels a little fishy to me with two big games on the horizon....hope I'm wrong.

Duke but if they don’t play like we know they can could be an upset .

I said earlier Duke by 10, and I'll stick with it. The one thing bothering me is what I would call "The Perfect Clemson Storm." Clemson won at UNC on a Saturday, and beat us at their place 3 days later. Same situation here only at BC, instead of Clemson. BC edged the Cheats in Chapel Hill Saturday. You can bet the place will be rocking, just like against the Tigers.....OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I think we beat BC pretty handily, but I hope I this isn’t a trap game before two big games coming up. I don’t think it will be.

Duke: 86
BC: 63

Let’s go Duke!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT