ADVERTISEMENT

Draft night

The sad part about that is, I remember Kupchak talking about drafting Ryan Kelly, and jokingly talked about how it was hard to like a Duke guy. As a Laker fan I think he genuinely has a predetermined view of Duke players, and he might hold that against them in the draft process. While Ryan has stayed there and signed another contract since, I really hope he doesn't actually try not to draft Dukies. I was an upset fan last night, but I do like Russell. I just really, really, really wanted Jah.

Russell will be a bust for sure and Lakers will regret forever passing up on Jah. This is a kid that choose 0 because that was number of people who he said could guard him...then proceeding to shoot 3/19 in the most important game in his career lol...I guess no one really needed to guard him. That level of arrogance rarely ever leads to success. He also is not fast enough to be an elite point guard and his passing/shooting ability is extremely overrated. He will be a volume shooter that will put points on low shooting percentage and brag about it as the team continues to lose. Hopefully, Lakers will fire Kupchuk over this move as time passes and Jah becomes a superstar while russell becomes a journeyman playing for his 3rd team in Serbia.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Russell will be a bust for sure and Lakers will regret forever passing up on Jah. This is a kid that choose 0 because that was number of people who he said could guard him...then proceeding to shoot 3/19 in the most important game in his career lol...I guess no one really needed to guard him. That level of arrogance rarely ever leads to success. He also is not fast enough to be an elite point guard and his passing/shooting ability is extremely overrated. He will be a volume shooter that will put points on low shooting percentage and brag about it as the team continues to lose. Hopefully, Lakers will fire Kupchuk over this move as time passes and Jah becomes a superstar while russell becomes a journeyman playing for his 3rd team in Serbia.
Were you working on this all day?

I can't argue with you ODD. That's what I was hoping would happen, but about two weeks ago I kind of resigned myself to the fact that Jah wouldn't be drafted here. It's unfortunate. That said, I'm excited about Towns too. He may have more upside in the long run, but I don't think he's the sure-thing like I do with Jahlil. We'll see, I guess.

No doubt Towns was worthy of being picked #1, DJ. Think he'll be a quality player for your Wolves. But I, like you, think Jah is special. There aren't any post players like him nowadays. And it's not because the game has changed so much that there aren't players like Jah...it's that the big guys have made the change...all of them want to shoot the 3 and dribble behind their back. As soon as Jah starts putting up big numbers all the GM's will be scrambling to try to find the next Okafor.

OFC

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT