ADVERTISEMENT

Draft night

Laettner

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 11, 2002
Here's where I hope our boys land:

• Jahlil to Lakers and he becomes another great big man to wear yellow & purple.
  • Justice to Magic....ughh. Better than Detroit, Sacramento or Denver.
  • Tyus to Spurs, no better organization in the league.
Sick of seeing scouting reports pointing out all negatives. These scouts whiff big time every year but get to pick everyone else apart. Really enjoyed Bilas poitning that out on air a few years ago.

It sounds like the Rockets have already promised Tyus they'd take him at #18, and he shut it down after his workout in Houston. He'd be a starting point guard on a championship caliber team. I have no problem with that. I can't see the Lakers bypassing Jah. I really can't. He's the closest thing to a sure bet in this entire draft and the Lakers can't afford to whiff or to wait on a prospect. Justise will end up on a terrible franchise somehow. Anywhere between 5-8 (all those teams you mentioned). There miiiight be a chance he ends up in NY if Oak, Towns, and Russell are off the board or if there is a trade.

NY is an awful situation, but it's still NY. I dont see him going there unless they trade the pick back. If Sac keeps Cousins, and trades Rudy Gay to Denver for Lawson, Justise going there would be an ideal fit. I'd like to see that happen.

I'm not 100% sure Jah doesn't sneak into the #1 spot after seeing how Bogut was minimalized in the Finals. In theory, Towns is a better overall player, and he'll be best at what most centers in the NBA do: protect the paint. Guys like Bogut are good starting centers, but it's not like that is definitely worth a top pick. Jah is pretty unique. He'd be the more exciting pick fan-wise too. I'm just not sold on the consensus.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'm not 100% sure Jah doesn't sneak into the #1 spot after seeing how Bogut was minimalized in the Finals. In theory, Towns is a better overall player, and he'll be best at what most centers in the NBA do: protect the paint. Guys like Bogut are good starting centers, but it's not like that is definitely worth a top pick. Jah is pretty unique. He'd be the more exciting pick fan-wise too. I'm just not sold on the consensus.
Flip isn't totally sold either, having said that I'd be surprised if Jah went #1. The Lakers would be pretty stupid to over think this one and not take him #2 though.

For some reason I hope okafor goes to the timberwolves. They seem to have a young exciting group and the Lakers seem like a mess right now. Either way I'll be happy for him and all our players.

Well, I'm clearly in the minority here but I'm definitely hoping to see Justise land with my hometown Pistons. I'd like to see Jah to go to either LA or NY. And I really think Tyus is going to make several execs regret passing on him. Don't forget about Quinn, too, who has been impressing teams during workouts and interviews. I think he'll get drafted mid-second round and will prove his value during summer league.

The T-Wolves do have a good young group. But that group won only 16 games last year and once it is time to get paid, they will probably bolt. Somehow the Lakers managed to win 21 without Kobe or Randle. I hate the Lakers, but if I were betting on team success, I would take LA 10 out of 10 times.

The best thing that can happen tonight would be the Knicks taking Kaminsky at #4. Phil Jackson would be burned at the stake lol

Out here in So Cal and it sounds like Jah to Sactown. I'm so embarrassed to be a Lakers fan right now but they've offered up #2, Randle, Clarkson, and future picks for Cousins. Sactown would be dumb to turn that down and eventually I don't think they will.

Out here in So Cal and it sounds like Jah to Sactown. I'm so embarrassed to be a Lakers fan right now but they've offered up #2, Randle, Clarkson, and future picks for Cousins. Sactown would be dumb to turn that down and eventually I don't think they will.

That actually isn't a terrible trade for the Lakers, considering this next year is really just a prelude to 2016-17 when they can dump Kobe's contract. They have nobody on the books long term in that scenario, except for Cousins. That allows them to go out and buy whatever they want.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks trade up and try to get Winslow at 7. They are apparently trying to move up and they need a slashing wing. Of course they might also trade up for WCS ugh

The NBA Draft chatter about Okafor today has been insane.

If this is no longer a big man league and D'Angelo Russell is a "star" in the making - then why aren't the Twolves considering taking Russell over Towns at #1? If he's THAT good, take him #1. The Golden State model worked this year, but I'm shocked so many teams in the league are ready to let Okafor drop (possibly to the Knicks at #4) so they can hopefully find the next Steph Curry (which Russell is not, IMO).

If anything the league is more "shooting" oriented than anything now, with big guys becoming stretch fours. Okafor opens up space for shooters, just like he did all year for Duke on the way to a National Title.

I just don't understand passing up the best offensively skilled big man since Duncan. Just absurd to me.

I could see team USA's frontcourt in 2020 being Anthony Davis/Okafor. That would be sweet. Why not dream big for 2024:
Tyus
Frank Jackson
Winslow
Okafor
Marvin Bagley

All-Duke Olympic Starters!

There seems to be a lot of Duke love in the promos. I like it.

If Okafor falls to the Knicks, I may have to try to watch the NBA this season.

Wow Jah to the sixers sucks! But the fact that the hornets passed on Justice simply shows why they will never matter whatsoever. Pat Riley will be a big help to him tho so not a bad place to land. Ohh and cauley stine will be the biggest bust in the draft

you see that smile on justise winslow's face when the reporter talked about going to miami, great spot for him!
hope lakers and minnesota will regret this draft forever...

Okafor just got trapped in a sea of fail.

The first thing I thought. That's where careers go to die.

Also, I see the Knicks are still the Knicks.

I think my favorite part so far has been Lyles saying he was happy to move on because Cal did not utilize his talent properly/fully. Did anyone else catch that?

The first thing I thought. That's where careers go to die.

Also, I see the Knicks are still the Knicks.

I think my favorite part so far has been Lyles saying he was happy to move on because Cal did not utilize his talent properly/fully. Did anyone else catch that?
Shocker; I like that ESPN has a counter of which school has more teams drafted in the first round, Duke or UK. The follow-up question will be: why couldn't Cal win a 'ship with that many first rounders?

Did the hornets not just make two moves that got them the same players that kaminsky is? :rolleyes: You have to be able to defend the pick and roll in today's NBA. Imagine the defense with MKG and Winslow. Great job Mike.

Sky, I'm surprised they didn't! They'll get him with their next pick.:D

OFC

Maybe they are working with another team to draft him like let's say Toronto and then trade him and Hansbrough to the Hornets for Al Jefferson . That would be AWESOME. OFC

Wow Jah to the sixers sucks! But the fact that the hornets passed on Justice simply shows why they will never matter whatsoever. Pat Riley will be a big help to him tho so not a bad place to land. Ohh and cauley stine will be the biggest bust in the draft

He's a daggum Dukie pisgah. A daggumm Dukie daggumit. Justise is better off in Miami.. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT