ADVERTISEMENT

Collision course

Mar 13, 2022
Are we in a very real one with the tar possums? That would be the ultimate butthole pucker of a game in Ks last season. Would def have a heart attack. I don’t know if I would survive the sh** talk I would never hear the end of. I came to NC from FL and I remember asking my boy in about 2000 if Carolina and Duke had ever played in the tournament and I was shocked they hadn’t…as college football ruled in Florida in the 90s so I was a pretty new fan. It would be fitting to go the final four to beat them but also could be heart breaking. Really hope the holes lose

Holes are hard to stop right now, UCLA has a starter a bit banged up. I wouldn’t count them out. Hopefully Purdue can win and be ready if needed.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I had this same thought this morning driving to work. It would be storybook if we met them and thumped them. But, yes, it would absolutely lousy if we lost. There's a lot of basketball left between now and then. UNC is peaking at the right time. They are playing very well. I do think they beat UCLA, but if they get there I think Purdue is a tough matchup for UNC.

Correct me if I am wrong but it would be the first time Duke played UNC in the tourney, right? That would be poetic, but perhaps a little too emotionally draining for the winner to go on to win the title.... So I would rather not. When I was 10, my dad rented me "Duke is King" on VHS. It was about the 1991 championship run. I remember specifically Coach K's biggest concern was after beating UNLV, his team would act like that was the championship rather than focusing on Kansas.

Correct me if I am wrong but it would be the first time Duke played UNC in the tourney, right? That would be poetic, but perhaps a little too emotionally draining for the winner to go on to win the title.... So I would rather not. When I was 10, my dad rented me "Duke is King" on VHS. It was about the 1991 championship run. I remember specifically Coach K's biggest concern was after beating UNLV, his team would act like that was the championship rather than focusing on Kansas.
Yep first

Reactions: Fourteen44
Ive been pulling for the ACC teams this entire tournament just because of the disrespect that the ACC got coming into the tournament. Next round, I am a St Peter’s fan, but wouldn’t be mad at all to get round 3 with UNC. Pretty sure that’s what the players want as well.

Ive been pulling for the ACC teams this entire tournament just because of the disrespect that the ACC got coming into the tournament. Next round, I am a St Peter’s fan, but wouldn’t be mad at all to get round 3 with UNC. Pretty sure that’s what the players want as well.
Nope. **** Carolina. I don't want those cheating bastards to win jackshit.

Reactions: Mac9192 and KDSTONE
And that's a big IF. Arkansas is a great team. St. Peter's isn't beating UNC.
Thats what Kentucky and Purdue thought regarding St Peter’s. UNC starts looking ahead and they will get sent home just like in ‘91 which was the last time UNC & Duke were one round away from playing each other in the tournament.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Have to match Arkansas’ physicality. But the potential story book ending of beating UNC in the FF and sending coach off with a NT is now very real. Dear God.

As much as I dearly love the the thought of sending the 'Holes home from the FF, I don't want any part of such a Jack Daniels straight sipper. I purely HATE THEIR MEDIA LOVED A$$.

First and Foremost we've got a VERY DIFFICULT TASK Saturday. I just hope we can find a way to get by Arkansas. My advice if we're lucky enough to get by the hogs, is to just enjoy the moment of K making The Final Four in his final year.

If we win vs Arkansas and after they beat St Peter's,(no way they lose, their horseshoe is firmly planted in their arse),TRY not to get caught up in the hype. Take it from an in-state old fart who's lived his whole life here, you can't fight the UNC hype.As @skysdad will tell you, there's no escape. Just enjoy the Devils Ride.....and HOPE......

OFC

Mannnn what a script to write if we can beat Arkansas first, but to beat the turds in the final four, if they win, and then cutting down the nets. K riding off in the sunset. But what a lifetime of agony if the turds beat us . The days leading up to the game are going to takes years off peoples lives lol. Mannn I hope there’s no hype up in the media today about a possible Duke vs UNC final four matchup and Arkansas feeding off getting wrote off. They’re already a scrappy bunch and gonna be hell to beat !

Shey, just to give me and others some encouragement- how so? Thanks in advance! OFC
I’ve watched St. Peter’s play every game. Their guards are hard nosed and they use six of them and go 11 deep.
Their two bigs, the starter plays like Bacot . The seven footer for Purdue gave him fits because he’s only 6’8” I think and was better matched up with Purdue’s big that plays off the bench .
they will guard Manik by committee. St. Pete’s pf is lanky with a wing spand, problem is he has to rotate to center once the starter gets into foul trouble that’s and advantage to UNC however Lee and the other combo who starts with him are good on ball defenders . I look for St. Pete’s to get Love to drive more then shoot . Once love or Davis get into foul trouble watch St.Pete go to their trap defense due to UNC’s lack of a secondary ball handler with out love and Davis in the game .
UNC might win and should but this won’t be no blow out. St.Pete is better then shown and i watched their coach is not scared to platoon swap five for five .
Front court advantage UNC
Back court IMO is equal although St. Pete is a little more better with their guards coming off the bench .

I’ve watched St. Peter’s play every game. Their guards are hard nosed and they use six of them and go 11 deep.
Their two bigs, the starter plays like Bacot . The seven footer for Purdue gave him fits because he’s only 6’8” I think and was better matched up with Purdue’s big that plays off the bench .
they will guard Manik by committee. St. Pete’s pf is lanky with a wing spand, problem is he has to rotate to center once the starter gets into foul trouble that’s and advantage to UNC however Lee and the other combo who starts with him are good on ball defenders . I look for St. Pete’s to get Love to drive more then shoot . Once love or Davis get into foul trouble watch St.Pete go to their trap defense due to UNC’s lack of a secondary ball handler with out love and Davis in the game .
UNC might win and should but this won’t be no blow out. St.Pete is better then shown and i watched their coach is not scared to platoon swap five for five .
Front court advantage UNC
Back court IMO is equal although St. Pete is a little more better with their guards coming off the bench .
You gave me compelling enough reason to watch and believe there's a legit chance they can win. Thanks for a terrific and detailed rundown Shey.

OFC

I know Arkansas is going to be a very tough matchup, but the thought of playing the holes in the final four has me in knots.

Just the thought of the holes getting to the final four has me in knots as well. Their fan base is the worst. Period.
X2 Mac! OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I truly feel sorry for you guys who live in North Carolina, not because the State isn't great (it is, I love it) but that you have to worry about a possible confrontation that should be something to celebrate rather than to fear.

Having lived there for 4 years, and also having attended the 1971 NIT where Duke and UNX played, I can only imagine what you guys have to endure. Stay strong.

I truly feel sorry for you guys who live in North Carolina, not because the State isn't great (it is, I love it) but that you have to worry about a possible confrontation that should be something to celebrate rather than to fear.

Having lived there for 4 years, and also having attended the 1971 NIT where Duke and UNX played, I can only imagine what you guys have to endure. Stay strong.
I stay in NC and in probably one of the biggest pro UNC counties . Funny thing is, unless you can come with stats say as simple as who your starting five is my answer to them is always the same . Shut up just because you managed to read the news or a friends Facebook post !

Arkansas will be very tough unless they play undisciplined and shoot themselves out of the game (like we do for short stretches).

St. Peter's has earned their Ws. They also beat 2 huge teams that were ranked inside the top 5 legitimately. Their D is very good.
Every team left has looked both very good and very beatable.

I know Arkansas is going to be a very tough matchup, but the thought of playing the holes in the final four has me in knots.

Just the thought of the holes getting to the final four has me in knots as well. Their fan base is the worst. Period.
Thankfully I live in Georgia so I don’t have to deal with their ignorance anymore except online Not including ged of course he seems like a nice guy and he loves the Braves so that’s good

Arkansas will be very tough unless they play undisciplined and shoot themselves out of the game (like we do for short stretches).

St. Peter's has earned their Ws. They also beat 2 huge teams that were ranked inside the top 5 legitimately. Their D is very good.
Every team left has looked both very good and very beatable.
Worried about notae getting in the paint all game

Reactions: sheyduke
Mannnn what a script to write if we can beat Arkansas first, but to beat the turds in the final four, if they win, and then cutting down the nets. K riding off in the sunset. But what a lifetime of agony if the turds beat us . The days leading up to the game are going to takes years off peoples lives lol. Mannn I hope there’s no hype up in the media today about a possible Duke vs UNC final four matchup and Arkansas feeding off getting wrote off. They’re already a scrappy bunch and gonna be hell to beat !
And plus if coach k could beat ku for his last title to come back full circle to his first would be amazing but we’re getting way ahead of ourselves but it’s fun to dream

Shey, just to give me and others some encouragement- how so? Thanks in advance! OFC
Hart2chesson. St. Peter's is quick and aggressive. They are really good at stripping the big man as soon as he catches the ball. The guards anticipate passes for deflections and steals. They make really good cuts on offense and run down a lot of offensive rebounds

With that being said, my Tar Heels could not ask for a better matchup. You will never get a pushover in the elite eight. Iona was the best team in the MAAC. St. Peter's was second.

UNC is bigger. St. Peter's doesn't shoot particularly well. They've benefited from Kentucky and Purdue pressuring them. I would sag back a little so the guards can't drive by and the forwards not get beaten backdoor.

Hart2chesson. St. Peter's is quick and aggressive. They are really good at stripping the big man as soon as he catches the ball. The guards anticipate passes for deflections and steals. They make really good cuts on offense and run down a lot of offensive rebounds

With that being said, my Tar Heels could not ask for a better matchup. You will never get a pushover in the elite eight. Iona was the best team in the MAAC. St. Peter's was second.

UNC is bigger. St. Peter's doesn't shoot particularly well. They've benefited from Kentucky and Purdue pressuring them. I would sag back a little so the guards can't drive by and the forwards not get beaten backdoor.
You just gave Hubert his perfect pre game radio script. Well done my friend. ged you''re obviously A VERY GOOD MAN with the highest of integrity.

My only advice if Unc and Duke play next weekend and UNC wins, consider taking some time off. Tempers will be short here to UNC fans, even the nice ones like you. You're a good man, and it would be a classy gesture.You don't deserve any of our venting. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT