ADVERTISEMENT

Cheaters Next

A lot of the people now pulling for Duke are doing so simply because they're playing unc. Most people I know where I live that don't like Duke or the holes, are hoping Duke wins, then lose Monday. That shows how much the tar holes are despised. That's why during Dean's time, the ABC club had so many members.

And yes, there's some casual fans that appreciate K, and realize how much he has meant to Duke and cbb.
I seem to only encounter people who think Duke is the evil empire, lol. I'm sure there are some who appreciate K, but we seem to be loved or hated in my experience. Its the price of success. Like non Yankee fans dont say "hey I hope the Yankees get that 28th title." Maybe I lurk on too many rival boards.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the THR meltdown.
That will be > the W.
The season is already a success for UNC.

They thought they were a sweet 16 if they played great. .

Now they are unexpectedly in the Final Four with s coach they wanted fired 19 games ago.

There is only one fanbase that will have a. meltdown because of what's on the line.

Reactions: Occy64
Leeky not a scoring threat. Griffin only an average defender. So, I would put Griffin on Leeky and Paolo on Manek. No switch-offs. Keeping Manek's open shots to a minimum is key. OFC
Griffin is a better perimeter defender that Banchero and can keep up with Manek as he tries to run through screens to get open 3 point shots. The only time that I put Banchero on Manek is when Theo is in the game and Mark is sitting. Then, I would put John on Bacot and Banchero on Manek. Would also let whoever is guarding Black either help down to double Bacot or help out to ensure Manek doesn’t get loose.

We can live with either Love or Davis going off, but we can’t have both of them going off. Same with Manek and Bacot. We can live with Bacot getting 15-17 points, but can’t have him getting those points and Manek getting wide open 3 point shots.

Shouldn’t be any excuses. We are basically playing 5 on 4 when Black is in the game so we should be able to help off him all game long to shutdown Manek and/or Bacot.

Reactions: sheyduke
My gut tells me similar bmbritt. Contain Maken so he doesn't put up 35. Someone is going to be hot for UNC, it's just gonna happen I think. We can live with that one guy. If they two or three guys on fire our job will be considerably more difficult.

I think we see some zone just to mix it up, especially if their guards are driving successfully early.

Imapkay the turd cats for a secound. Whatever happens we won more games than them this year 😂

Take away the 3 point line. Let bacot feast on 2’s. Duke wins if so.
Definitely need to chase 'em off 3 pt line as much as possible. Also we must somehow rebound their long shot misses, which The Cheats seem to feast on. They tend to bounce out further and Cheats have been capitalizing on them in tourney. Block Bacot out too, and limit his stick backs. Rebounding I believe is a key stat Saturday.

OFC

Reactions: Liftee and Mac9192
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
The 2001 team was one of the Duke greats. My favorite team for sure. Amazing season
It’s my all-time favorite Duke team. I met Battier that year and it was the first time ever seeing Duke in person. I loved that team

The 01' team had the big names in comparison. And probably my favorite all timer (Battier). But 2010 was my favorite championship.

Reactions: pisgah101
Hahaha, I agree. His under bite, talking nonsense does get on my nerves. His under bite reminds me of Jim Carrey in the Cable guy.
I mean the deformed dumbass began the sentence with “uhhh”

Beating them in the FF a couple of years after they beat Duke in the 2nd round was great. Mainly because they acted like 1st class A holes afterwards.
There still are 1st class A holes they’re just worse in football

They're already blaming the refs
Yep, their 247 site has a cute little, preemptive "blame the refs" thread too. Bacot already has two fouls, waahhhhh, and Manek bumped his elbow on something and was charged a flagrant 2!! So juvenile, them and UK fans have the identical ref conspiracy thing going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT