ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Swanigan

christophero

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 2, 2017
This one is sad. Caleb died at the age of 25. He was the 2017 Big Ten player of the year for Purdue on a pretty good team. I remember him being on some all american teams and being really good. Played a few years in the NBA but struggled with his weight. Died of natural causes. He was a first round pick by the Blazers.

Do I remember correctly we recruited him hard. I’ve read a few things speculating about cause but nonetheless tragic
I think it came down to Us, Michigan St and Purdue but it became clear it was Purdue after his guardian went there and both Duke and Michigan St were informed he was headed to Purdue .

Reactions: pisgah101
Heart disease is the most likely cause. Perhaps liver disease. He overcame a bad home environment. Curses!

Last edited:
It was rude of me to speculate. I have no idea. I didn't like the term "natural causes ". I don't think a 25 year old athlete dies of natural causes. I enjoyed watching him play.
Oh no I think you’re fine man. Nothing wrong with speculating on what seems like an unexpected passing!

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT