ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny

Just look at how this board is reacting. Can you imagine hostile crowds? No thanks.
I know, can you also imagine the fans hurting themselves trying to get to Lebrun, all in the name of taking pics, worshipping him, and telling him he’s the kindest, bravest human being in the world? 😉

For real though, LeBron could have made positive humanitarian moves by speaking out against the Chinese treatment of the Uyghurs, but he knows who his real boss is and kept quiet. In fairness there’s a handful of nba “stars” who could do the same and didn’t, but LeBron appears to whine we he doesn’t get attention overall so……

Last edited:
LeBron for sure cries on the court. But every single superstar in the league does it now. Everybody.

But LeBron as a person, you can’t find anybody better. Still married to his high school sweetheart. He’s taken care of all of his high school friends. Given them jobs, putting them in great positions to succeed. Opened schools, sends hundreds to college every year. How that’s a bad thing I just don’t know.

Now let’s look at Jordan’s personal life lol polar opposites. Alcoholic with a gambling addiction, has had how many wives? Why was his dad murdered? Hmm, who would I want my kid to idolize..
To be honest they didn’t know who his dad was until after it happened and that’s still a sore subject . Oh By the way I stay in the county it happened in .

I know everyone has their own opinion of Lebron and all that but... isn't he clearly the most popular NBA player in today's NBA still? Wouldn't it be good for Duke's future recruiting if a whole bunch of 14, 15, 16 year olds saw that Lebron "chose" Duke for his son to play college ball? I would assume you'd see a lot of "If it's good enough for Lebron James and his kid, it's good enough for me" following Duke landing Bronny.

Yeah, I see potential downside of course. If Bronny's career at Duke doesn't go how Lebron wanted and Lebron ends up bitching about Duke in the media that would be bad, of course. But if Bronny does well and Lebron is out there gushing about what a special program Duke is.... sign me up for that.

I know everyone has their own opinion of Lebron and all that but... isn't he clearly the most popular NBA player in today's NBA still? Wouldn't it be good for Duke's future recruiting if a whole bunch of 14, 15, 16 year olds saw that Lebron "chose" Duke for his son to play college ball? I would assume you'd see a lot of "If it's good enough for Lebron James and his kid, it's good enough for me" following Duke landing Bronny.

Yeah, I see potential downside of course. If Bronny's career at Duke doesn't go how Lebron wanted and Lebron ends up bitching about Duke in the media that would be bad, of course. But if Bronny does well and Lebron is out there gushing about what a special program Duke is.... sign me up for that.
If you’re after winning the “cool school award,” then sign him. The media will be pissing down their leg about him, but opposing fans will be laughing at us when we lose. Too much of a distraction at a school that doesn’t need any more.

Jon doesn’t need the distraction either. His job is tough enough without Lebron possibly hovering around.

Here’s how I’d look at it. We saw the Grayson coverage for basically two full years. Put that on steroids if Bronny is at Duke.

Duke basketball is the most polarizing program in collegiate sports bar none. It’s not particularly close. You add LeBron to that and the world might explode.

Mac mentioned it below, Jon doesn’t need that, neither does the program. Bronny, and I wish him well because he seems like a good kid, isn’t a talent unseen. He’s not worth that microscope. Espn had a freaking Coach K cam, a Zion cam and a daily segment dedicated to Grayson in the last five years. K could handle that, not fair to Jon to have to do the same. Especially when he’s trying to build his own legacy.

Right. The end justifies the means. A lot of kids seeing a hypocrite as a positive role model for Duke? Really? That's a good thing? Duke's image is fine as it is. OFC

I have to agree. If Duke needs Lebron to sell the program to future prospects, then Duke has drastically regressed. Lebron could really Jumpstart a program like Miami of Ohio, though.

I also really enjoy that you guys know what’s good for Jon Scheyer and what he needs to do for himself lol

At the end of the day, Jon Scheyer, the head coach and lead recruiter, is gonna decide what he wants to do. Clearly he’s not after Bronny. I’m sure if he wanted him, he’d have him.

I do agree in the thought that Duke is at its best when flying under the radar- 2010 was magical…UK had all the hype that season with Wall and Cousins. And Bronny being at Duke would be a circus. I do think people are over exaggerating the distraction Lebron would be, considering he is a professional basketball player playing an 82 game season during the Duke season. Nevertheless, still would be a distraction.

If Bronny stays in college a few years, he will be a winning player on a winning team. Whereas most “celebrity kids” are primadonnas, Bronny plays like nothing was handed to him. His best trait is defense, then passing and getting others involved. He is very unselfish and Duke has had issues in the past with young guys being a bit selfish IMO.

Reactions: Duke937
I also really enjoy that you guys know what’s good for Jon Scheyer and what he needs to do for himself lol

At the end of the day, Jon Scheyer, the head coach and lead recruiter, is gonna decide what he wants to do. Clearly he’s not after Bronny. I’m sure if he wanted him, he’d have him.
Sooooo you’re saying Jon is doing exactly what most of us think they should do? Interesting take. Almost as interesting as you not having opinions on anything, apparently.

I do agree in the thought that Duke is at its best when flying under the radar- 2010 was magical…UK had all the hype that season with Wall and Cousins. And Bronny being at Duke would be a circus. I do think people are over exaggerating the distraction Lebron would be, considering he is a professional basketball player playing an 82 game season during the Duke season. Nevertheless, still would be a distraction.

If Bronny stays in college a few years, he will be a winning player on a winning team. Whereas most “celebrity kids” are primadonnas, Bronny plays like nothing was handed to him. His best trait is defense, then passing and getting others involved. He is very unselfish and Duke has had issues in the past with young guys being a bit selfish IMO.
Or maybe most celebrity kids you hear about are pre-Madonna? There’s many more that aren’t than are, I’d bet.

My other name DukeFanDan1982 won’t log in anymore, not sure if I got blocked for disagreeing with some folks or what.
I think if you got blocked it would say it when you logged in. Besides the mods here tend to be very lenient. I also have noticed some page-loading issues lately here though…..sometimes the page looks funky when you log in.

I think if you got blocked it would say it when you logged in. Besides the mods here tend to be very lenient. I also have noticed some page-loading issues lately here though…..sometimes the page looks funky when you log in.
Definitely not blocked. I’ve also seen some weird glitches when trying to login with my phone so it could just be the site.

No thanks and it has almost nothing to do with the player Bronny is or could be.
If he was a 2024 kid then maybe but just no room in the 2023 class for him. If he goes the college route, would make more sense for him to land at a P5 school that can use the buzz that Lebron would bring being on the sidelines. Schools like USC, Memphis, Ohio State. Have to imagine that having Lebron’s son in your team will help out with recruiting and NIL opportunities. Will also increase the amount of games nationally televised. Finally, I would be much more comfortable bringing that zoo to Durham if Coach K was still there.

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT