ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram

HeLooks2MuchLikeDave

Cameron Crazy
Dec 1, 2010
For those who don't follow the NBA, BI scored a career high 49 last night (8 boards and 6 assists) and hit a ridiculously difficult game-winning fallaway at the buzzer (well, should have been game-winning but there were 0.2 secs on the clock and the Pelicans for some reason fouled and then had to win it in OT).

Anyways, Brandon is Top 10 in the league in scoring ahead of guys like Lebron, Westbrook, Embiid, Mitchell, Butler, Kemba, etc. He's most likely going to be an all-star. Can't wait until Zion gets out on the court with him next week!

When Ingram was playing on the 2016 team, I called out gunslingerdick over at THR who was confidently predicting that Ingram would be a bust and would never average more than 10 points in a single season. We made a friendly wager on whether Ingram would average double figures at some point. Ingram's first four seasons are as follows: 9.4, 16.1, 18.3, 25.8.

Here was our conversation:
IMO, Ingram will never average double digits in the NBA.
I would like to make a friendly wager. I will even give you odds since you are the one making the assertion. I know most people don't like to put money where their mouth is, but I sense you are different. I think you will own up to this statement. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. FWIW here are some players averaging double figures this year: Omri Casspi, Jae Crowder, Kent Bazemore, Jeremy Lin, Isaiah Canaan, Robert Covington, Dennis Schroeder, Zaza Pachulia, and the amazingly talented Allen Crabbe
I stand by my statement despite the evidence you provided that apparently, even stiffs can average double figures in today's NBA. I'd take a bet, I reckon. Not sure what we'll wager. But even if I lose said bet, I guess the point I'm making is this - Ingram is a decent prospect at best. He'll never be a headline player. If he scores 12 per game, it will be 12 points that probably didn't matter. He won't matter. His career will come and go and 20 years from now, people won't remember a single thing he ever did in the NBA. That's not a crack on duke. It's a crack on the way the current climate overhypes guys because they have a long wingspan and can jump really high. I mean, let's forget about the ability to set a screen, deny post position or rebound out of their area (all of which seem to be foreign to Ingram). But he has a bunch of tattoos and likes to shoot it from deep so he must be really good. It's embarrassing.
Let me know what you come up with as a wager. And then if I can remember who you are and this exchange we had 4 years from now when Ingram is approaching 9 ppg in the NBA, I promise not to welch.

I knew you would be good for it. Just a simple "I was wrong" will suffice for the wager. I'm happy to make the same statement if he turns out to be the bust you expect. Guess we'll see...
I never did get him to make good on this bet...

All-Star in the making, if not one already. I think having Zion will make life easier for Ingram too.. they should complement each other.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Ingram gonna be an all-star this year. I'm willing to bet if Zion stays healthy he is an all-star next year or the year after.
Pelicans gonna be very Duke and very very good for a long time.

Gun was seriously a pretty good dude for a while then it was like one day he went full dickhead. But he’s not worth your time now, Ingram is an NBA Badass and Gun is just another prick from the baby blue bitch barn.

Gun was seriously a pretty good dude for a while then it was like one day he went full dickhead. But he’s not worth your time now, Ingram is an NBA Badass and Gun is just another prick from the baby blue bitch barn.

It happened in 2010 when we won the natty. A lot of the thr posters turned into jerks after that. I used to enjoy posting with slinger but he's a tar heel fan. He can't help it. It's his nature. Bless his heart. OFC

It happened in 2010 when we won the natty. A lot of the thr posters turned into jerks after that. I used to enjoy posting with slinger but he's a tar heel fan. He can't help it. It's his nature. Bless his heart. OFC

Sky is right....he lost his mind. A lot of UNC posters were pretty good guys from 2005 to 2009 when it was easy for them. But that’s why they’re UNC fans.

He now goes under Terror Beard. It was too much saving all that stupidity for just one handle.

Sky is right....he lost his mind. A lot of UNC posters were pretty good guys from 2005 to 2009 when it was easy for them. But that’s why they’re UNC fans.

He now goes under Terror Beard. It was too much saving all that stupidity for just one handle.

GSD is Terror Beard? LOL

ojzVj4N.jpg

For those who don't follow the NBA, BI scored a career high 49 last night (8 boards and 6 assists) and hit a ridiculously difficult game-winning fallaway at the buzzer (well, should have been game-winning but there were 0.2 secs on the clock and the Pelicans for some reason fouled and then had to win it in OT).

Anyways, Brandon is Top 10 in the league in scoring ahead of guys like Lebron, Westbrook, Embiid, Mitchell, Butler, Kemba, etc. He's most likely going to be an all-star. Can't wait until Zion gets out on the court with him next week!

When Ingram was playing on the 2016 team, I called out gunslingerdick over at THR who was confidently predicting that Ingram would be a bust and would never average more than 10 points in a single season. We made a friendly wager on whether Ingram would average double figures at some point. Ingram's first four seasons are as follows: 9.4, 16.1, 18.3, 25.8.

Here was our conversation:

I never did get him to make good on this bet...
I remember this back and forth and if i could like it a million times i would.

By any chance has he tried to post here. For some reason I thought I saw that pop up. OFC

Here it Is......

I love the fact that you’ve been thinking of me for the last 4 years. Funny though, I forgot of your existence until someone alerted me that you were poasting about me at DI.

Is this because of the Brandon Ingram comments? I just looked at the NBA page on ESPN and apparently he’s playing very well for one of the worst teams in the league. I don’t watch much NBA so I didn’t know. Well good for him. I guess I missed on that one. You got it right. Way to go!

More than likely -and again, it’s hard for me to remember a meaningless debate with some schmuck I don’t know - when I made those comments, I was probably just arguing for arguments’ sake. I didn’t care about Brandon Ingram then and I don’t care about Brandon Ingram now. He could lead the league in points or get hit by a bus and neither would make a difference to me.

But if you’re looking for a pat on the back, I’m happy to give you the validation you apparently long for. You were right and I was wrong on him averaging double figures. You must be so proud.

He doesn’t care about Ingram, ok , why were you talking all that shit about him then? Same old GSD, he puts tons of effort into looking like he doesn’t care. Enjoy your season dickhead.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT