ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden Tatum Giles

Any news on Bolden? Why didn't he really play last night?
Yea I know. He got two quick fouls on him early in the game and that was it. Never saw him the rest of the game. Could have been that Amile was just playing like an absolute beast last night and Coach K didn't want to take Amile out of the game and Amile avoided foul trouble as well.

Yea I know. He got two quick fouls on him early in the game and that was it. Never saw him the rest of the game. Could have been that Amile was just playing like an absolute beast last night and Coach K didn't want to take Amile out of the game and Amile avoided foul trouble as well.
Yeah this is what I'm guessing as well. Coach K seems to like to ride the hot hand while a game is still up in the air and the 5 that were in the game had great chemistry going. Normally I understand and don't second guess it, but Bolden isn't some marginal player. If this continues to be a trend, that may not bode well for recruiting in the future. Say what you want about Cal, but he finds ways to manufacture minutes for his guys. (Obviously I still would rather have the shortened bench and more championships just in case anyone tries to call me out for saying this)

It was a game that we had control of but any lapse in intensity Florida could have made a run and then who knows what could happen...

K wanted to win the game first...wasn't about finding minutes for Bolden or Tatum...just happens that Tatum came in and made some really nice defensive plays first and then his offensive game started to come around...

K has the rest of the month...some easy games..and lots of time off to get Allen healthy and work the freshmen back in..

Last night wasn't a game you wanted to mess around with that, as you saw how hard Florida played and never gave up..

Now there is plenty of time for all those other things...

Mr Giles Mr Giles Mr Giles. Come on son and provide some more of them good problems

It was a game that we had control of but any lapse in intensity Florida could have made a run and then who knows what could happen...

K wanted to win the game first...wasn't about finding minutes for Bolden or Tatum...just happens that Tatum came in and made some really nice defensive plays first and then his offensive game started to come around...

K has the rest of the month...some easy games..and lots of time off to get Allen healthy and work the freshmen back in..

Last night wasn't a game you wanted to mess around with that, as you saw how hard Florida played and never gave up..

Now there is plenty of time for all those other things...

Pretty much. And don't forget....it was also the Jimmy V Classic. That's something that means a lot to the man.

Or it could have just been bolden hasn't played nor practiced in five weeks besides Maine and is not in good enough game shape yet to run up and down the floor with a fast offensive transition team like Florida hmm Jefferson didn't help things by just killing it!

Not sure about his first foul, but he was out of position badly for his second which could have been the reason he spent the rest of the evening on the bench.

Not sure about his first foul, but he was out of position badly for his second which could have been the reason he spent the rest of the evening on the bench.
I think K benching him was very doubtful. At least for the reason you speculated here. Bottom line here is, like some have mentioned already, Duke ran with the hot hands last night. Coach K values winning and putting the right players in the game to help do so. He is not about the everyone gets playing time generation. The man wants to win and instills and makes sure his teams know how important it is to be successful. Of course this is my opinion and people are free to disagree, but last night was not a good game for a guy who has not done anything for 5 weeks to be thrown in the middle of. He may have fouled out in 190 minutes of action. That doesn't do anyone any good. Like was also mentioned. K will have time to get Bolden more acclimated and he can begin to get back in to game shape. The dude is going to help out a lot this year when he is firing on all cylinders.

I know it's such a small sample size on Bolden but he strikes me as the type that would benefit so incredibly much from sticking around for two years. It would allow him to continue developing physically and mentally while also affording him the chance to play on two teams that would both be national championship caliber.

I know it's such a small sample size on Bolden but he strikes me as the type that would benefit so incredibly much from sticking around for two years. It would allow him to continue developing physically and mentally while also affording him the chance to play on two teams that would both be national championship caliber.

The "plan" is for him to be good enough leave after this year, but it's not a foregone conclusion. That said, I think the chances he stays are at about 10% right now. His pro day was excellent.

The "plan" is for him to be good enough leave after this year, but it's not a foregone conclusion. That said, I think the chances he stays are at about 10% right now. His pro day was excellent.
Yeah, he can do things that's rare. Far from polished though but that doesn't matter. Next two weeks are big to get him back to October form.

This is setting up about as well as could be expected for the three injured players and Grayson. I was thinking Giles would likely get his feet wet in one or both of the next two games. That's a week away and more rest. It also gives more rest to Grayson and hopefully we can get through those without him playing much.

The, we'd have another 10 days to get Giles ready to play against VT on Dec. 31 (of course, they'll likely have 2-3 days off for Christmas but that will be needed rest anyway).

Give him a couple of practice days and some limited game action before Christmas, then give him 2-3 solid practices, and he'll be able to start to really work in with the team in the Dec. 31 game. V-Tech will be a tough game. At VT and they are likely to be 11-1 and playing with confidence. But, we should win even if Giles doesn't have a huge role in this game.

The good news also is that we don't play again until Jan. 4 against GT and then the 7th against BC. Both of those games are at home and neither pose significant threats. What that means is that we can use those games to get Giles in more and get more players into the flow of the team.

This really sets up well. Essentially 5 games and a month (Dec. 10 to Jan 10) between now and when the ACC really starts to heat up with us playing at FSU on Jan 10. By that time, Giles should be able to be worked into the team well and get some good timing down.

Assuming he stays healthy (fingers crossed), we should be a serious force to be reckoned with. Especially so when Feb. 9th (two months from now) rolls around and we play GTHC.

I am quite pumped.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT