ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden Tatum Giles

I don't think K would say he's getting close if he's going sit for the season IMO.

OFC

Yea you don't do what he's doing in the warm up line and you don't say what Giles allegedly said "I thought so too" in response to a statement from one saying something to the effect of "I thought we were going to see a little bit of you tonight" in a game.

I think K wanted to get through this game tonight and bring all three back together. That gives you a few games before conference play to get them acclimated all at once rather than having to adjust to each one at various points.

Reactions: QC Dukie
There's a lot of optimism here for Tatum but from what I saw in warmups last night, he is farther from ready than the other two. He didn't do anything in pregame except shoot "jump shots" in the early minutes. No layup line, no drills. He stood by Obi nearly the entire pregame.
The other two - they look ready. Moved well and looked like it was mostly full speed - at least full speed for a guy warming up that knows he isn't playing.
I read K's comments and don't want this to sound like I'm saying he's lying/misleading. It's just from what I saw last night, I would have said Giles and Bolden are close. That isn't what Tatum looked like.

There's a lot of optimism here for Tatum but from what I saw in warmups last night, he is farther from ready than the other two. He didn't do anything in pregame except shoot "jump shots" in the early minutes. No layup line, no drills. He stood by Obi nearly the entire pregame.
The other two - they look ready. Moved well and looked like it was mostly full speed - at least full speed for a guy warming up that knows he isn't playing.
I read K's comments and don't want this to sound like I'm saying he's lying/misleading. It's just from what I saw last night, I would have said Giles and Bolden are close. That isn't what Tatum looked like.
I wouldn't read too much negative in the warm up discussion. Could be that he was told not to go too crazy.

Surely we should see at least one of them by the tennessee state game. That gives the team 9 days off and some time to practice together. One can hope anyway

From 247Sports...

“So you have to be careful just how long you practice,” Krzyzewski said. “We're getting closer. Jayson had a good workout today. He's close. We see Harry's warming up better. He just needs some contact. And Marques is moving along. We're getting there. We're getting there. But it will be a while before we, we just have to keep playing our butts off and keep trying to win like we have been.

“Every team's season's a little bit different. We just have to run our race the way we're running it,” Krzyzewski said. “Eventually, hopefully we get all those guys. We had visions of 'Damn, our practices are going to be hellacious. Five on five.' We haven't had that at all. It's crazy. It's frustrating. And it's frustrating. It's most frustrating to the kids that are hurt. They desperately want to play. A game like tonight, that's what they live for. These guys want to be in that game."

Don't think it has to do with their toughness as much as protecting the million dollar contracts they have waiting for them in a few months. I agree though, the youth of today are full of mental midgets.
How come we aren't protecting Grayson's million dollar contract?

Reactions: pisgah101
How come we aren't protecting Grayson's million dollar contract?

Grayson isn't practicing so he is receiving some protections. All injuries aren't made the same. You really think K would not care about Grayson's future?

Reactions: denniden
"we" are not having Allen practice. At all. He is also free to sit out if the pain is too much. However he is going to play because he is not in any danger of making the injury worse. The other 3 are in not in that category.

Beat me to it

Reactions: denniden
The fact that I know nothing about the injuries situation has been reiterated to me. It looks like Tatum ?may? be the first one back and I would have bet money against that last night.

The fact that I know nothing about the injuries situation has been reiterated to me. It looks like Tatum ?may? be the first one back and I would have bet money against that last night.

@timo0402 and I and a few others are thinking they'll be back together.

lol Giles is the closest so saying he won't play is comical
We'll see. I have my doubts. Regardless if he plays or not he's a top pick. I hope as a selfish fan he plays, but I'm not sure at this point if he will or not. I realllllllllly hope so though.

We'll see. I have my doubts. Regardless if he plays or not he's a top pick. I hope as a selfish fan he plays, but I'm not sure at this point if he will or not. I realllllllllly hope so though.
Don't buy that at all. If he is he is but ain't no way if waste a top pick on a guy that hasn't played in 2 seasons. And I think K is lying in that interview as well.. I've seen multiple things saying Giles has practiced so idk what to believe

Since all of our haters only give us conspiracies for Dukes success, I'm going to throw one out of my own.

The guys can play. But ESPN, CBS, and the NCAA asked K not to play them so the rest of the country thinks they have a shot this year. K agreed because he knows how well this team will be. So he gave them the month of November and will unleash the hounds for Christmas. And the country weeps.

Don't buy that at all. If he is he is but ain't no way if waste a top pick on a guy that hasn't played in 2 seasons. And I think K is lying in that interview as well.. I've seen multiple things saying Giles has practiced so idk what to believe

I don't think K is lying. He said Harry hasn't practice with full contact, so he has practiced just not with contact (i.e. a scrimmage where he is getting bumped around in the post or getting knocked down after converting an and-1, etc.) Who knows how many of those practices he'll need before getting minutes in an actual game.

I don't have any inside info, but I have a feeling we see one or more Saturday against Maine.

OFC

Back together as in maybeeeeeeeee this weekend vs Maine?? Or next Tuesday vs Florida???
(Sorry I'm not normally like this and I know you guys don't know either haha)

Maybe. I still think mid-December gives the proper amount of practice time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT