ADVERTISEMENT

Been snowed in. No game until the 18th. I bored to the gore so this just popped into my head.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Who whether they are a friend or you just know them is the most die hard, anti Duke unc fan you know? Describe them the best you can. The one I have picked is a friend. He's actually a pretty good guy, makes good sense when you communicate with him with the exception of talking about Duke. He's also a face book friends of mine and that's where most of the problems are. At one time whenever Duke would win in any sport I usually would post something like "great win Duke." It didn't who we beat whether it was against unc or whomever he would pop up and go into his the refs gave Duke all the calls, his hate for the "rat", something always about Grayson from his sophomore year on and whatever else he could come up with. It got to the point where I just told him that I was a Duke fan and if we won I was gonna say something about it. Sometimes even when Duke lost I would mention it. Over the years as the cheaters won games against Duke and even their last two unearned national championships I congratulated the dirty heels on the victory. It got so bad last year that I told him I would not respond to any comment he had about Duke. So far this year I haven't seen him post anything about Duke. To be honest I haven't created anything about Duke but I have replied to other Duke fans when they post about Duke. I can't get how much this person has so much disdain. He also would question Coach K's character and integrity while praising the integrity and high character of Hof Coach Roy williams. But you know he's a tar heel fan, he can't help it. It's his nature. Bless his heart. OFC

I have several of those kinds of Facebook friends. They claim to be Tar Heel fans, but you only hear from them following losses. A Duke loss and they are happy as clams and a UNC loss and it's time to fire the coach - in all sports!
Everytime they pop up, I just answer back with "If you pay more attention to what my team is doing that what your team is doing, then it seems more likely that my is also your team."

Reactions: skysdad
My mentor in college and the person that talked me into going to law school. He was a law professor at UNC in his younger years and recently moved back to Chapel Hill for retirement. I love him like family. Whenever I’d have a beer at his house he made me open it with a bottle opener that played the UNC fight song. When he moved away he left it with my family and I still use it when I go home to visit (I cringe while it plays). He’s a really great guy that has done a lot of good in this world, but even great people have their flaws. His is rooting for that ugly shade of blue.

A guy that I went to high school with was the most obnoxious UNC fan I’ve ever known. Anytime I would post about Duke on Facebook he would always comment “Duke sucks”. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago so it’s bittersweet when some of his old comments pop up in memories on Facebook.

This guy I’m friends with I met because my wife and his wife are good friends. At first it wasn’t much. Then it started with the typical UNC excuses of the refs robbed them, they had a hurt player, and they’re tired from playing 2 road games in 5 nights. Then as the years progressed he would seem to follow what Duke was doing. If Duke loses he text. If UNC loses he’s a ghost. The newest thing is he will text me updates of what UNC is doing on the recruiting trail and they’re latest supposedly cool team photos. What pisses him off is that I’ve yet to respond to his negativity and hate filled psycho babble.

This guy I’m friends with I met because my wife and his wife are good friends. At first it wasn’t much. Then it started with the typical UNC excuses of the refs robbed them, they had a hurt player, and they’re tired from playing 2 road games in 5 nights. Then as the years progressed he would seem to follow what Duke was doing. If Duke loses he text. If UNC loses he’s a ghost. The newest thing is he will text me updates of what UNC is doing on the recruiting trail and they’re latest supposedly cool team photos. What pisses him off is that I’ve yet to respond to his negativity and hate filled psycho babble.

Honestly, Dadze, that's probably the best approach. That said, if he did that to me, I would eviscerate him. I don't know if he would be woke, but when I got through, he would be broke.

OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze and skysdad
Honestly, Dadze, that's probably the best approach. That said, if he did that to me, I would eviscerate him. I don't know if he would be woke, but when I got through, he would be broke.

OFC

I agree with dirt about that. It's probably driving him crazy. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT