ADVERTISEMENT

Zion thinking he may decide soon

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-zio...rake-duke-kentucky-kansas-clemson-migos-quavo

Interesting what he says here ''I watch the players in my position and how the schools use those guys". Wonder who is doing the most showcasing?

Well, if that’s the case, then it’s not UNC. I have to think there’s a strong appeal to Duke if what he says is true, but I don’t foresee a scenario where he winds up here.

The best place for him, as much as I hate to admit it, is probably Kentucky. He’d get to showcase himself from day one and play for a storied program. Clemson is close to home, but ultimately I still don’t think it’s enough to push him there.

But really, we know nothing with this recruitment. He’s been incredibly mum. Everything is a guess right now.

Well, if that’s the case, then it’s not UNC. I have to think there’s a strong appeal to Duke if what he says is true, but I don’t foresee a scenario where he winds up here.

The best place for him, as much as I hate to admit it, is probably Kentucky. He’d get to showcase himself from day one and play for a storied program. Clemson is close to home, but ultimately I still don’t think it’s enough to push him there.

But really, we know nothing with this recruitment. He’s been incredibly mum. Everything is a guess right now.
If he wants to be “the guy” every play every game then I agree that Clemson or even Kentucky is probably the best place for him. Most seem to think that Kentucky will return a lot of players from this year’s team to go with the 3 players that they have signed for next season. Clemson is Clemson and is close to home for him. Duke has 3 of the top 7 players coming in next year along with a solid core of players returning. Right now his recruitment is wide open and he could choose any of those 3 schools.

Does it really matter at all?

No. But that wasn’t my point.

My guess, and again, just a guess....he sees our situation with a lot of parts already in place and not enough room to showcase. UNC has proven freshmen really struggle there and don’t always, actually rarely, get a great chance to prove themselves. He puts Clemson on the radar, but they don’t necessarily do the same for him. Kentucky, and maybe Kansas too, would seem on paper to make the most sense.

Reactions: jwill133
No. But that wasn’t my point.

My guess, and again, just a guess....he sees our situation with a lot of parts already in place and not enough room to showcase. UNC has proven freshmen really struggle there and don’t always, actually rarely, get a great chance to prove themselves. He puts Clemson on the radar, but they don’t necessarily do the same for him. Kentucky, and maybe Kansas too, would seem on paper to make the most sense.
I thought KU was eliminated?

I still think it’s Uk or clemson but admit it’s a guess.

Reactions: xxbigsig05xx
I’ve been at the Beachball Classic this week and the buzz tonight was Clemson. Zion didn’t play of course and Spartanburg Day lost in OT to Socastee who will get killed tomorrow by Montverde. That aside the buzz was Clemson. It means nothing but would I love to see him alongside Barrett.

I’ve been at the Beachball Classic this week and the buzz tonight was Clemson. Zion didn’t play of course and Spartanburg Day lost in OT to Socastee who will get killed tomorrow by Montverde. That aside the buzz was Clemson. It means nothing but would I love to see him alongside Barrett.
If not Duke, then I’m rooting for Clemson to get him.

Still no buzz here in Spartanburg. All the IPTAY people I know don't have a feel what so ever and I know plenty. All they are doing is hoping.

Reactions: pisgah101
I remember back in the day when it was “ I pay ten a year” and they got a little window decal for their vehicle.

For some crazy reason, I'm still going with him coming to Duke. Since nobody really has a read on him, why not Duke? Not like he can't co-exist here just as well as ky with what they expect to return.

For some crazy reason, I'm still going with him coming to Duke. Since nobody really has a read on him, why not Duke? Not like he can't co-exist here just as well as ky with what they expect to return.
If he does shock and pick Duke, you will see meltdowns of epic proportions on two message boards. And I don’t need to tell you which two. Still....I think it’s uk or clemson.

If he does shock and pick Duke, you will see meltdowns of epic proportions on two message boards. And I don’t need to tell you which two. Still....I think it’s uk or clemson.
Oh most definitely QC. I would love to sit back and read every page of it especially RR. They would absolutely lose their minds again. I think it's going to happen.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Oh most definitely QC. I would love to sit back and read every page of it especially RR. They would absolutely lose their minds again. I think it's going to happen.

I still do t think we are in the mix at all, but I hope so bad that I am wrong. ....

To be honest, Zion could commit to any of the colleges and it SHOULD NOT be a big surprise. He really could play on any of the teams because he brings a ton of ability.

Makes sense
Clemson- Close to home. Plays in the ACC, a big conference, and he could be the man there.
Kentucky- they meet all the criteria for OAD's. Coach Cal's managing teams that have many alpha personalities and its high profile with talented players.

Interesting
UNC- needs an elite player to make the face of the program for a year. Has a very good incoming class to go along with returning players, and again playing in the ACC.
South Carolina- another program close to home. He would have all he attention every game and playing in the SEC

No & Yes
Duke- has all the national tv exposure he would want. Has one of the top incoming classes and fills a role if he will share the limelight. Program also now known for OAD's to the league.

To me it boils down to this- does Zion want to be the man or is wanting to be a part of a special group. A huge "what".

I literally have nothing against Clemson and are pulling for them in the football playoffs for sure but are any of their hoops games ever on TV? Do they play in any big early season tourneys or challenges or make it to post season often?

He is going to the league no matter what I would think there is SOME appeal to the level of coverage we get day in and day out. What school will have him playing at against the top competition everyday in practice and getting everyone's best shot every single game? How about playing under the undisputed GOAT the one year he is in college?

Come to Duke young fella and enjoy the ride. You deserve the best there is.

Reactions: dukesince91
I am from there. They care ZERO about basketball.....at least that's how it was when I lived there....but that's been 30 years ago

Reactions: DukeDenver
I am from there. They care ZERO about basketball.....at least that's how it was when I lived there....but that's been 30 years ago
They still don’t dukefan. I’m in upstate SC and the orange clothes disappear after football season.

But Zion there could add some life to their caring... Just saying

A few years back I heard a Clemson guy in the radio and he said as long as they went .500 in basketball they were happy

If it's not Duke I hope he goes out of the ACC. I just don't want to deal with him even for a year. OFC

If anyone really knows where he is going it would be a surprise. None of us, no experts thought Bagley was going to Duke for the longest time either.

If Zion comes to Duke, he will have a great year surrounded by talent. If not, he will have a great year being the talent.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT