ADVERTISEMENT

Williams to go pro???

Point blank it comes down to does he want to be seen or develops in the gleague. He can still get drafted , sign a rookie contract ( Vernon Carey) and spend his time in the gleague developing or come back to Duke and develop while being seen twice a week on tv working his way into the first round.

Even when the NBA votes to go straight out of high school they won’t put a minimum years required to stay in college so the one and done isn’t going away.

I think this is the thing....any player with a name or physical anomoly can probably make that g league move.

I looked at a few updated draft prospect lists today and saw Hurt and Steward in the bottom tier. No mention of Williams in them.

Reactions: christophero
What is the difference contract wise of going in 1st round vs getting signed out of the G league?

What is the difference contract wise of going in 1st round vs getting signed out of the G league?
After the lottery 1-14, teams can negotiate your contract terms. 1-14 I think is three year with fourth year option ten million dollar contract.
If you get drafted out of the gleague it’s the same . The only difference is when they sign with a gleague team. To be honest a team can draft a gleague player and simply own his rights and pick up his existing contract in the league or designate him to the gleague and I think they only have to double his pay. Almost like a two way contract .

It’s the second contract that makes the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT