ADVERTISEMENT

Will Cameron Indoor be the same?

DBM0828

Recruit
Jun 6, 2012
Kentucky
IF the basketball season doesn't get canceled or postponed, do you think CIS will have the same advantage in the past?Meaning without the crazies crowding the court.

It would be super weird IMO to possibly see CIS play a real game without fans. I wonder if the Basketball programs have thought/planned to replicate the NBA bubble with screens and stuff?

What are your thoughts?

Obviously Cameron indoor will feel much different without the fans, however it's fairly obvious Cameron isn't what is used to be. You now see some games (even conference games) when the student section is a little thin, and also on TV it doesn't seem as loud.

I just want college basketball back and things back to normal, but a strong case can be made that no fans in arenas will help Duke. The road environments we play in are insane, doesn't it seem like whenever we go to NC St or VT they NEVER miss??? I don't feel like UVA or UNC goes through the same type of road environments that Duke does.

Other teams like to say it, but we ARE almost every team's national championship game. I am sure we get a big red circle around the date on the calendar for most schools the day the schedule is announced. It is a little annoying sometimes, but I think we need to wear that like a badge of honor, and generally I think we do!

Alan ----> admitted homer

Along with what JWill133 said, it will be interesting to see if the reffing will be less homer oriented at all arenas. It is obvious refs are heavily influenced by the crowd and location, both for Duke at home and against Duke on the road. This may even the playing field which can only help the stronger team (Duke in most cases).

Reactions: geddoughton23
It will eventually. Things are tough right now, but eventually this will pass as well. When it does, I would expect the Crazies to be back in full fervor.

Sometimes periods like this help people appreciate the great things they had, even something as minor as being able to watch your college basketballteam. I expect the Crazies to be back and just as great as ever. It may not happen this year, but it will happen.

Reactions: DBM0828
Along with what JWill133 said, it will be interesting to see if the reffing will be less homer oriented at all arenas. It is obvious refs are heavily influenced by the crowd and location, both for Duke at home and against Duke on the road. This may even the playing field which can only help the stronger team (Duke in most cases).

One problem we may have no matter where we play is how to deliver the PTRF. They want cash of course and it's better for us also because it's harder to trace but most of them like to get paid on the spot. I can't give away how we have been doing it all these years because of lurkers and trolls that visit this board but I can say this. It has always been paid right out in front of everyone and nobody sees it happen. That will be tough to do without anyone there other yhan players, staff, film crew and the refs themselves. Once again please keep this to ourselves. The opposition already think we pay them and no need to get them even more suspicious. ;):):rolleyes: OFC

It will be very strange if there are no fans. But it does mean that whenever fans can finally come back, Cameron will be even crazier than ever.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT