ADVERTISEMENT

Whitehead declares for draft

I do not think for one second he did not give all he can for Duke, but saying him leaving is best for all involved is not necessarily a knock on anyone. I think he gave his all for Duke, but in the end, his end game was the NBA. He definitely struck me as one who would have gone right to the NBA if he could have.

I wish him nothing but the best

he reminded me of cam reddish a bit. good measurables and shooting but feel for the game, handle, and shot creation a little less advanced

We never saw the real player, injured and missed games at two different junctures. For that reason I thought he might return to have a better season and bump up his stock. I know it's all about potential with the NBA but you can't hurt yourself on draft night coming off a good season where your name was out there all throughout the year.

Regarding Roach, I'd take a senior guard of his quality over any freshmen coming in. No one anywhere thinks he's coming back though so maybe someone has heard something or maybe that's just assumed these days, we've been able to keep only a few good college players for three seasons here in the last five years. Wendell Moore and Jeremy Roach and that's about it. In chapel hill they stay six seasons lol.

Here's a thought- Do you think Tyrese Proctor based his decision on who was coming back to Duke in assessing the teams chances next year? surely he did, and of course would have looked at who is coming into the program. So could he know some things we don't yet on returnees?

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
We never saw the real player, injured and missed games at two different junctures. For that reason I thought he might return to have a better season and bump up his stock. I know it's all about potential with the NBA but you can't hurt yourself on draft night coming off a good season where your name was out there all throughout the year.

Regarding Roach, I'd take a senior guard of his quality over any freshmen coming in. No one anywhere thinks he's coming back though so maybe someone has heard something or maybe that's just assumed these days, we've been able to keep only a few good college players for three seasons here in the last five years. Wendell Moore and Jeremy Roach and that's about it. In chapel hill they stay six seasons lol.

Here's a thought- Do you think Tyrese Proctor based his decision on who was coming back to Duke in assessing the teams chances next year? surely he did, and of course would have looked at who is coming into the program. So could he know some things we don't yet on returnees?
I’d venture to guess Tyrese knows quite a bit about who’s doing what. I thought we would get more this week but sounds like they’re holding off until after the final four. We shall see but next year we will be loaded and have experience.

As for Roach, it was widely understood that this was his last year at Duke. I guess things have potentially changed although, I still think he ultimately leaves.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Was anything ever further revealed about his knee? I'm assuming just a sprain type thing that kept him out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT