ADVERTISEMENT

What athlete of a rival team

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
that by nature you should have despised but just couldn't bring it on yourself to do it.

My 1st pick is Bobby Jones of unc. UI usually don't use capital letters when I refer to unc or unc personal or alumni but with Jones it's different . Classy player and human being and I became a fan when he went to the Sixers. I was very happy when he left unc. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Kennedy Meeks

michael-jordan-laugh.gif
lol jk, I don't like him

No question Bobby Jones- one of the classiest players we ever played against- on ANY TEAM....Overcame epilepsy too, playing on THREE different seizure meds while he was in the NBA....A TRUE MODERN DAY HERO AND ROLE MODEL....

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I would agree, I thought about him, then remembered him just killing us a couple times in 97-98...I think. Especially the ACCT Championship game. Smh

Top 1 guys that seem like a Duke guy, that went to UNC.

No question Bobby Jones- one of the classiest players we ever played against- on ANY TEAM....Overcame epilepsy too, playing on THREE different seizure meds while he was in the NBA....A TRUE MODERN DAY HERO AND ROLE MODEL....

OFC

A Duke kind of player if there ever was one. Would have loved to see him come along 20 25 years later. Coach K would have him in a Duke uniform. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
A few years ago when Miami put it on us and was slapping the court, the Larkin kid from there I really liked.
Always played smart and tough.

Back in the day of the home and home when Tim Duncan kicked our hind ends on a regular basis. Super kid and loved watching him in the NBA but I was so happy when he graduated.

that by nature you should have despised but just couldn't bring it on yourself to do it.

My 1st pick is Bobby Jones of unc. UI usually don't use capital letters when I refer to unc or unc personal or alumni but with Jones it's different . Classy player and human being and I became a fan when he went to the Sixers. I was very happy when he left unc. OFC

I loved those early 80's Sixers and Jones was just the smartest player.

Recent examples include Bonzi Colson and Justin Jackson for me. Colson gets absolutely everything out of himself and leaves it all on the floor. As for Jackson, he's a hard kid to dislike.

I would say Jamison, but he absolutely killed us for three years....and it felt like a dozen. Although I hated those Maryland teams in the early 2000s, Steve Blake was another guy you loved to hate, but if he was on your team you adored him.

Lastly, Karl Anthony Towns. That 2015 UK team became very unlikable, but I think it ultimately had more to do with their fans than players, as it ultimately does with them. Now KAT is in Minnesota playing for the Wolves. He's a future star and likely HOFer if he avoids injuries. Even more impressive....he's a better person than player.

Bonzi Colson, going way back I feared Sam Perkins at unc, the Caucasian point guard at Maryland who played with Dixon ( had a very long NBA career and was a lock down defender, drove JWill nuts) and not a huge rival team until recently but Malcom Brogdon would have been super at Duke IMO.

Steve Blake...my almost AARP brain just kicked into second gear.

Perhaps the best of all was sadly Len Bias. I was tremendously upset when he died and I never liked Maryland, but that guy was special and his best game may have been dismantlement of unc in the dome.

Tim Duncan.

Recently Justin Anderson from UV

I'm am surprised people mentioned Brice Johnson though. I see him as one of the least classy players in College basketball the last Decade or so. Always screaming, flexing and trying to show up the other players. Plus he went over the back on 90% of his rebounds

Kenny Anderson. Holy cats he was a good college player. Saw him play in the NYC Catholic school championship against Malik Sealy's team. My goodness.

Reactions: bluemetro
There was only one UNC player I ever really liked. Eric Montross. That dude was cool.

One other player I should have despised but just couldn't bring myself to do it? That asshole, that glorious game dominating asshole, Christian Laettner....Ahahahahaha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT