ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia vs Cuse

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
UVA has 2 points and 10 turnovers with 8.49 left in the first half...wow!

OFC
This post was edited on 3/2 7:25 PM by OldasdirtDevil

The score is 11-2 Syracuse with less than 8 minutes to go in the half. First to 30 wins!

OFC

This is why they won't make the Final Four. They will struggle to score in a game and it will cost them.

Cooney nails a long range 3 from just in front of the Syracuse S at half court to Put Syracuse up 20-14 with 2:47 left in the first half.

UVA finished the half with a nice scoring outburst compared to the earlier parts! I think they go deep and when Anderson gets back they'll be quite a bit better

Yeah, an offensive explosion by Virginia at the end. Syracuse may have let their chance to win this one get away from them.

OFC

UVA plays unbelievable defense. Unbelievable. It's almost as if they have seven players on the floor.

Originally posted by dukiejay:
UVA plays unbelievable defense. Unbelievable. It's almost as if they have seven players on the floor.
No doubt about how good they are on the defensive end. Later in the 2nd half I saw Cuse get down the court quickly a few times and get some points before the Cavs could get set. I think a team needs to get at least a few easy buckets against them to have a good chance...unless you get hot with the 3 ball. Duke has really been the only team that was able to get a lot of transition points on them.

OFC
This post was edited on 3/2 9:56 PM by OldasdirtDevil

cause just hasn't been the same after the post season ban. they are kind of letting go a bit i would say.

No cuse has just sucked all season.

It's unreal how good Virignia is. I know that the only 2 points at 8 minutes is kinda bad. But if that's the worst thing, besides your only loss in a regular season match against the number 3 team in the nation, to happen to you in a season, you are pretty dang good.

I mean folks they lost the second best player in the ACC, behind Jahlil, and haven't missed a beat.

I know we already beat them once, but I'd really prefer not to see them again.

I definitely want to play UVA in Greensboro. They are a great team with a classy coach. When we lost to UVA last year in G'boro every Cavs fan around us high fived my son and told him what a great Duke fan he was for cheering til the end. Can't dislike that.

Originally posted by Laettner:
I definitely want to play UVA in Greensboro. They are a great team with a classy coach. When we lost to UVA last year in G'boro every Cavs fan around us high fived my son and told him what a great Duke fan he was for cheering til the end. Can't dislike that.
Me too. Maybe you win, maybe you lose, but those types of games are great preparation for the tournament. Playing them would probably also mean that we made it to the final.

^If we play UVA again it means we're either playing them in the ACCT Final or in the Final Four. I'd take both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT