ADVERTISEMENT

The Biggest Nat’l Title Game Comeback (Failure).....

I’m just relishing UNCheats record blow....
I hear what you’re saying but I’m more worried about Duke losing to its rival in the FF than whatever our rival did the next game. Yeh I’m glad they crashed and burned in epic fashion, but at the end of the day we lost to Carolina in the FF. No spinning that Like timritterus said it’s prob time to move on so toophly and his pals can be on their merry little way

I hear what you’re saying but I’m more worried about Duke losing to its rival in the FF than whatever our rival did the next game. Yeh I’m glad they crashed and burned in epic fashion, but at the end of the day we lost to Carolina in the FF. No spinning that Like timritterus said it’s prob time to move on so toophly and his pals can be on their merry little way
I think we can still have it both ways KD. Sure, be angered by the loss, but thankful and have even a sly little grin. At THE END OF THE DAY, THE CHEATS CHOKED. JMO.... OFC

Of course losing the NC game, especially with that lead, was disappointing, of course...
But...
The game in Cameron was our season, literally. There was very little expectation of that teams "destiny" the afternoon of 3/5/22.
The way that game played out was so surprising, unexpected. Everything after that night was icing.
The improbable run, blowing the lead to Baylor and still winning the game...wow
Meeting Duke in the Final Four was the nightmare scenario to every UNC and Duke fan and you know it. We have all dreaded that matchup. I go back to the late '70's, seen a lot of the Rivalry, never looked forward to actually having to play Duke in the NCAA tournament. It happened and it was what it was. To me, and every UNC fan I know, that was the NC game, period.
So yes, the Kansas game was a let down, for numerous reasons; could have capped an unbelievable season. Put another NC banner in the Dome, creep closer to passing uk (means a ton, literally hate uk fans...lol).
All that said, there is a bigger issue, bigger that a National Championship, in this past season and I've not seen many touch on it...Hubert Davis.
The exposure Hubert got this year is absolutely priceless. His demeanor throughout the tournament was so perfect, so appealing to future prospects. One can not overstate the impact it will have on UNC basketball going forward. I believe that 3 week period is the most important happening for our program since Roy left Kansas.
You just lost one of the greatest coaches in collegiate basketball history, maybe the best, and now you have a new coach, too. You can only hope he gains the recognition and admiration Hubert got in his first year.
Cheers

Of course losing the NC game, especially with that lead, was disappointing, of course...
But...
The game in Cameron was our season, literally. There was very little expectation of that teams "destiny" the afternoon of 3/5/22.
The way that game played out was so surprising, unexpected. Everything after that night was icing.
Meeting Duke in the Final Four was the nightmare scenario to every UNC and Duke fan and you know it. We have all dreaded that matchup. I go back to the late '70's, seen a lot of the Rivalry, never looked forward to actually having to play Duke in the NCAA tournament. It happened and it was what it was. To me, and every UNC fan I know, that was the NC game, period.
So yes, the Kansas game was a let down, for numerous reasons; could have capped an unbelievable season. Put another NC banner in the Dome, creep closer to passing uk (means a ton, literally hate uk fans...lol).
All that said, there is a bigger issue, bigger that a National Championship, in this past season and I've not seen many touch on it...Hubert Davis.
The exposure Hubert got this year is absolutely priceless. His demeanor throughout the tournament was so perfect, so appealing to future prospects. One can not overstate the impact it will have on UNC basketball going forward. I believe that 3 week period is the most important happening for our program since Roy left Kansas.
You just lost one of the greatest coaches in collegiate basketball history, maybe the best, and now you have a new coach, too. You can only hope he gains the recognition and admiration Hubert got in his first year.
Cheers
And they still choked in an epic way. All good.

But...
Cheers
Jon Scheyer already has the "recognition and admiration" Hubert Davis has. In fact, he has MORE in my humble opinion.He pissed on your cornflakes in the Dean Dome '20 as he designed the improbable "Missed Free Throw Play" executed perfectly by Tre Jones resulting in a wild Duke win.

Jon Scheyer has not coached a game yet, but already has two #1 recruiting classes headed to Durham. Think of the "admiration" all those recruits have for Coach Scheyer. It's also garnered him plenty of "recognition."

Congrats on the two games you defeated us, (which is why you're here.) The win over us in FF only gave you a chance at the natty.At halftime, Hubie looked like a coaching master, I will admit.

Unfortunately, he caved along with your team in an ICONIC CHOKE, that brought Davis a dubious recognition that will last a coaching lifetime.Don't expect Hubie to match wits well with Jon Scheyer. OFC

Jon Scheyer already has the "recognition and admiration" Hubert Davis has. In fact, he has MORE in my humble opinion.He pissed on your cornflakes in the Dean Dome '20 as he designed the improbable "Missed Free Throw Play" executed perfectly by Tre Jones resulting in a wild Duke win.

Jon Scheyer has not coached a game yet, but already has two #1 recruiting classes headed to Durham. Think of the "admiration" all those recruits have for Coach Scheyer. It's also garnered him plenty of "recognition."

Congrats on the two games you defeated us, (which is why you're here.) The win over us in FF only gave you a chance at the natty.At halftime, Hubie looked like a coaching master, I will admit.

Unfortunately, he caved along with your team in an ICONIC CHOKE, that brought Davis a dubious recognition that will last a coaching lifetime.Don't expect Hubie to match wits well with Jon Scheyer. OFC
Oh...I've been on this board long before this season.
And trust me...we hope Jon continues K's curious decision to rebuild a team every year with one and dones. We'll keep going to NC games while you won't...
Cheers

Better luck comprehending basic English language on your next post 😘

Well played by someone supporting a school with such poor athletic “academia” standards....
This is Duke. Maybe you should say NC final instead of final and be smart enough to not leave yourself open to interpretation. Its fact you choked 3 times in a month. However, butthurt usually makes you skip the little details.

Especially since you got clowned by a team that choked. Two times in a row...lol

Lmao....the mere presence of this thread reeks of inferiority.

• Love
Reactions: toophly1124
My Tar Heels did choke in the Final. It wasn't the normal choke. They were up 15 at the half and were really shocked to be in that position. They were awful for about nine minutes. Lost the entire lead and went down six.

By definition, that's a choke. They actually regrouped magnificently and had a chance to win. It was a magical run like NC State in 1983.

The bigger choke was against Baylor. Losing a 25 point lead in ten minutes. But they played great in overtime and won. Choking is not a bad word. It is what sports is all about. You climb the mountain and look down and realize that you have a fear of heights.

UNC was 4 points and one game better than Duke. I like Mark Williams very much. He will be a great professional. But he choked. A 75% FT shooter missed 2 with 47 seconds left. Nothing wrong with it. Hopefully he makes them for his NBA team

My Tar Heels did choke in the Final. It wasn't the normal choke. They were up 15 at the half and were really shocked to be in that position. They were awful for about nine minutes. Lost the entire lead and went down six.

By definition, that's a choke. They actually regrouped magnificently and had a chance to win. It was a magical run like NC State in 1983.

The bigger choke was against Baylor. Losing a 25 point lead in ten minutes. But they played great in overtime and won. Choking is not a bad word. It is what sports is all about. You climb the mountain and look down and realize that you have a fear of heights.

UNC was 4 points and one game better than Duke. I like Mark Williams very much. He will be a great professional. But he choked. A 75% FT shooter missed 2 with 47 seconds left. Nothing wrong with it. Hopefully he makes them for his NBA team
ged you finally cracked, and fired a grenade with the Mark Wiliiams "choke" comment. Inevitable from any UNC fan. A well-thought out and well-played post. Kudos. OFC

This is Duke. Maybe you should say NC final instead of final and be smart enough to not leave yourself open to interpretation. Its fact you choked 3 times in a month. However, butthurt usually makes you skip the little details.

Especially since you got clowned by a team that choked. Two times in a row...lol

Lmao....the mere presence of this thread reeks of inferiority.
All of that drivel, only to reach for the “interpretation” excuse. It’s funny, everyone seems to know what this thread is about except you.

Oh yea, and irony is saying someone is dealing with inferiority complex, all while being on their team board 😂😂😂. Penis envy too, perhaps? Freud would have had a field day with you as a case study.

Last edited:

The bigger choke? Are you on crack? 😂

UNCheat choked, all-time choked, in a national title game 😂

ged you finally cracked, and fired a grenade with the Mark Wiliiams "choke" comment. Inevitable from any UNC fan. A well-thought out and well-played post. Kudos. OFC
Hart2chesson, you have been incredibly nice to me. I said that my team choked. I said that Mark Williams choked. That's what makes the game interesting. Williams is a great player. He will make millions of dollars. He probably makes 90% of his FTs in an empty gym. He makes 75% in games. It's a lot harder in the final minute in the final four. The first one was on line, but short. Too much adrenaline and the second one is long. That's choking. The essence of competition. I promise that I have better things to do than intentionally insult you in your house.

Reactions: Mac9192
The bigger choke? Are you on crack? 😂

UNCheat choked, all-time choked, in a national title game 😂
On crack? Giving up a 25 point lead on the first weekend in the final ten minutes against Baylor was definitely a bigger choke than giving up a 15 point halftime lead to Kansas. They're both chokes, but 25 is bigger than 15.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
One loss makes us a lesser program? Who is getting carried away now? We both made the final four, and then you lost after beating us. If your entire program is based on a win over us, who is the lesser program?
Well...I was.
I offered a UNC fans honest thoughts on the loss to Kansas in the NC game. I let myself get carried away on your board. That's my bad. I have great respect for our Rivalry and Duke as a school. I have no business trying to rub salt.
I'll leave on that note.

Reactions: christophero
Why do opposing fanbases live on this board?
Because at times it is fun to see the delusion that is present in a small minority of the Duke fan base. Those that are happy with the outcome of losing to the Heels in the final four as long as their rivals don’t win the natty.
Looking forward to another season of completion. It should be a heck of an upcoming season as UNC has a number of players returning and John has done an outstanding job of recruiting and has the number 1 rank class coming in.

Reactions: trig81
Because at times it is fun to see the delusion that is present in a small minority of the Duke fan base. Those that are happy with the outcome of losing to the Heels in the final four as long as their rivals don’t win the natty.
First of all there's no one on this board (among Duke fans) I know "happy with the outcome of losing to the Heels." The only way the game would have been bigger would have been for ALL THE MARBLES. Could still happen someday.Don't mind admitting saying it sucked.

As for UNC vs Kansas, it was like any other time the Heels didn't win the title game. It wasn't about being "happy." POSITIVELY GIDDY UNC lost, in the HISTORICAL FASHION they lost with an ICONIC CHOKE??? YES, that would be more appropriate. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
On crack? Giving up a 25 point lead on the first weekend in the final ten minutes against Baylor was definitely a bigger choke than giving up a 15 point halftime lead to Kansas. They're both chokes, but 25 is bigger than 15.
Ged, beg to differ. I think you have to measure the magnitude of the games. Baylor was obviously a very important game!!!

However,nothing is bigger than THE TITLE GAME. The fact UNC coughed up the lead then, in RECORD BREAKING FASHION would make it a BIGGER "CHOKE," IMO.

OFC

Hart2chesson, you have been incredibly nice to me. I said that my team choked. I said that Mark Williams choked. That's what makes the game interesting. Williams is a great player. He will make millions of dollars. He probably makes 90% of his FTs in an empty gym. He makes 75% in games. It's a lot harder in the final minute in the final four. The first one was on line, but short. Too much adrenaline and the second one is long. That's choking. The essence of competition. I promise that I have better things to do than intentionally insult you in your house.
I would never insult you either ged. In all my years here, I have never known a more rational and intelligent UNC poster. Much respect sir.

I was merely remarking about you firing a grenade, in lieu of no comment or more politically correct verbage. I did a double take frankly, because it was a first for you. You're human, lol- like the rest of us! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Well...I was.
I offered a UNC fans honest thoughts on the loss to Kansas in the NC game. I let myself get carried away on your board. That's my bad. I have great respect for our Rivalry and Duke as a school. I have no business trying to rub salt.
I'll leave on that note.
As I’ve said before, this isn’t an airport. You don’t have to announce your departure. Just leave.

Looking forward to another season of completion. It should be a heck of an upcoming season as UNC has a number of players returning and John has done an outstanding job of recruiting and has the number 1 rank class coming in.
If you’re gonna come over to our board, at least try to spell our coach’s name correctly. Thank you!

If you’re gonna come over to our board, at least try to spell our coach’s name correctly. Thank you!
As I’ve said before, this isn’t an airport. You don’t have to announce your departure. Just leave.
QC you've STILL GOT IT buddy!!! Solid 1-2 punch 'em out!!

OFC

This thread is an open door for tar hole fans. The fact several Duke fans are laughing that the holes "choked" in the title game is almost embarrassing. I only know of 1 Duke fan where I live that made fun of the holes losing to Kansas. 1. He got ripped to shreds, as he should have. Duke fans should just lick our wounds, and hope for better days.

The better team won the title. Kansas woke up, and finally started playing ball. The holes ran out of gas.

So you’re placing a number on it over the value of the game itself.

yea, your true UNC colors finally bled through. Wow.

Reactions: geddoughton23
This thread is an open door for tar hole fans. The fact several Duke fans are laughing that the holes "choked" in the title game is almost embarrassing. I only know of 1 Duke fan where I live that made fun of the holes losing to Kansas. 1. He got ripped to shreds, as he should have. Duke fans should just lick our wounds, and hope for better days.

The better team won the title. Kansas woke up, and finally started playing ball. The holes ran out of gas.
Dude, lighten up. What’s sad is you siding as a Hole 😂

Haha. Come on man. We lost. To our rival in the final four. We got no room to talk.
None.

One things for sure, I got to you. The emoji proves it.
You got me? Because I’m laughing at you (not with you)? Yikes. 😘

I get it, Duke is a huge part of your life, but to some of us it’s just a game, where we get to watch some games, socialize a bit, talk trash in fun to others. When you say things like “lick our wounds” it’s a bit creepy - is this us coming back from war, or a college basketball game?

Reactions: Dad2ze
You got me? Because I’m laughing at you (not with you)? Yikes. 😘

I get it, Duke is a huge part of your life, but to some of us it’s just a game, where we get to watch some games, socialize a bit, talk trash in fun to others. When you say things like “lick our wounds” it’s a bit creepy - is this us coming back from war, or a college basketball game?
I’m not the one who started this thread. I’ve been calm, and said what I have. And to side with tar hole fans only means I am capable of being rational.

Sometimes you call it like it is, and Duke fans have no room to run their mouth.

I’m not the one who started this thread. I’ve been calm, and said what I have. And to side with tar hole fans only means I am capable of being rational.

Sometimes you call it like it is, and Duke fans have no room to run their mouth.
I started this thread to poke fun, but people like you make it even more fun.

And “calling it like it is”, well, isn’t. Subjectivity doesn’t allow that.

Keep allowing a college basketball game or team dictate your seriousness here - it’s a game, a game where none of the people in the program care about us. Does that mean don’t watch or pull for them? No. But it doesn’t mean to get so damn uptight over it (or stalk an opponents board - the lowest of the low lol).

The irony of this thread? Some Duke fans are struggling with it more than most UNCheat fans 😂

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT