ADVERTISEMENT

The Biggest Nat’l Title Game Comeback (Failure).....

Fourteen44

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 16, 2012
My friend sent me this today to watch. 11 minutes and change of a colossal choke job by UNCheat. I get it, some of you are still upset about the FF loss, but to me, this blows it all away. I’m still laughing at some of the passes Love and Davis tried to make, being “pure” PG’s according to many Tarhole faithful.

The more time passes, the easier it is to see how great of a season Duke truly had. This was a team that had a ceiling of S16 or an elite eight in my mind to start the year. They won the ACC Regular Season and made the FF in the West for the first time in K's career. Toughest road to get there too. Carolina beat Duke, so what? They blew the biggest championship lead in history to Kansas!

The more time passes, the easier it is to see how great of a season Duke truly had. This was a team that had a ceiling of S16 or an elite eight in my mind to start the year. They won the ACC Regular Season and made the FF in the West for the first time in K's career. Toughest road to get there too. Carolina beat Duke, so what? They blew the biggest championship lead in history to Kansas!
Exactly bleed, and love your post @Fourteen44 ...... The minute a UNC fan starts on me about the FF win over us, I get em back on Monday nite: "Yeah I cut it off at half and went to bed.WTH happened to y'all???!!!" Works every time! OFC

Exactly bleed, and love your post @Fourteen44 ...... The minute a UNC fan starts on me about the FF win over us, I get em back on Monday nite: "Yeah I cut it off at half and went to bed.WTH happened to y'all???!!!" Works every time! OFC
I've had to shut a few of those asshats down too, Hart! But they shut up every single time!

It was a great season as far as Duke making it to the final four. That's always a great season. But let's not act like losing to Carolina (a team with far less expectations) is a "so what" situation. It was terrible in so many ways already. And then there is the rivalry aspect. And the there is the K's final loss aspect. Them losing to Kansas was great. But does absolutely nothing to negate Duke losing to them in the FF.

It was a great season as far as Duke making it to the final four. That's always a great season. But let's not act like losing to Carolina (a team with far less expectations) is a "so what" situation. It was terrible in so many ways already. And then there is the rivalry aspect. And the there is the K's final loss aspect. Them losing to Kansas was great. But does absolutely nothing to negate Duke losing to them in the FF.
I get it man. I really do. It stings for sure. But with time it just seems to sting less and less for me. Especially with how they lost the next game. I had so many Carolina fans gloating to me until Monday night and then I have heard nothing about their win over Duke since then. Now, they've been talking junk about next year, but nothing about their wins in Cameron or in the FF. They didn't win the rivalry or the NC. Also, Jon can lead this team next year to great heights if we add the right pieces here in the next few weeks.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. You are satisfied with your group of 5 star first round NBA draft picks losing to UNC in the semifinal (as well as the Coach K tribute night) because UNC lost in the NC game that likely was determined to a great extent because of injuries. Perhaps you need to put down the Kool-Aid and face the facts. If you think Duke (again, with their 5 studs) achieved close to what they should have to help you feel good about yourself, well, I hope you wake up soon. Next year will be very interesting as Duke has a fantastic class of recruits coming in thanks to Coach Scheyer who IMO is showing he will be a great success at leading the program. And UNC has a number of returning players. It should be a fun and interesting next year but to follow most of the reasoning in this thread is beyond belief.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. You are satisfied with your group of 5 star first round NBA draft picks losing to UNC in the semifinal (as well as the Coach K tribute night) because UNC lost in the NC game that likely was determined to a great extent because of injuries. Perhaps you need to put down the Kool-Aid and face the facts. If you think Duke (again, with their 5 studs) achieved close to what they should have to help you feel good about yourself, well, I hope you wake up soon. Next year will be very interesting as Duke has a fantastic class of recruits coming in thanks to Coach Scheyer who IMO is showing he will be a great success at leading the program. And UNC has a number of returning players. It should be a fun and interesting next year but to follow most of the reasoning in this thread is beyond belief.
Na I think you can believe it. You’re a Tar Heel. You know all about delusion and self denial.

Yes, you understand correctly.

It was an all-time choke job. I bet you’re the same type of clown that says the 2010 and 2015 Duke teams had “the easiest path to a title”, or that the 01 team “had the refs in their pockets”.

And to think that NBA talent always equates to a title victory is sheer idiocy, just like your post.

I did get enjoyment of watching you, @Archer2 and @toophly1124 squirm acknowledging this post on a DUKE board though. Hell Toophless laughed in agreement at the fact that UNCheat collapsed - awesome! Rent free baby, rent free 😘

#hangabanner

Duke choked 3 times in a month, Arizona choked. Kentucky choked

It happens. Especially when you play a better team.
You’re digging deep, and I love it 😂. Too bad none of those games were in a final!

I get it man. I really do. It stings for sure. But with time it just seems to sting less and less for me. Especially with how they lost the next game. I had so many Carolina fans gloating to me until Monday night and then I have heard nothing about their win over Duke since then. Now, they've been talking junk about next year, but nothing about their wins in Cameron or in the FF. They didn't win the rivalry or the NC. Also, Jon can lead this team next year to great heights if we add the right pieces here in the next few weeks.
We all enjoyed seeing them lose. But that didn't do anything to make Duke losing to them in the FF any easier. Just my opinion.

So what erases that away for you?
Not sure anything will ever erase it. K lost maybe the 2 biggest games ever against the holes, for him. And tar hole fans will always have that in their pocket.

What can ease some of the pain is if Jon beats them at least in Chapel Hill this coming season, and he has a better record against Hubert.

We all enjoyed seeing them lose. But that didn't do anything to make Duke losing to them in the FF any easier. Just my opinion.
I respect your opinion my man - it’s the opposite for me. This was a choke of epic proportions IMO - something they’ll never live down.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Lmfao you compared an ACC final to a ncaa final? You’ve hit bottom. Well done.
No. You said it wasn't a Final. I was just pointing that out.

Any championship is important especially conf tournament champions. Duke only has 5 NC's...Just getting to the Final Four is a big deal in CBB.

So dont act like its NC or bust for Duke or any college program.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Coach K’s resume is as good as any coach’s in history. The only thing the FF loss did, was make it where we can’t go around calling him the GOAT without major pushback. Only way to get over that loss is to start winning games against UNC again…or of course winning Natty’s.

And yeah the Kansas W saved our asses.

Coach K’s resume is as good as any coach’s in history. The only thing the FF loss did, was make it where we can’t go around calling him the GOAT without major pushback. Only way to get over that loss is to start winning games against UNC again…or of course winning Natty’s.

And yeah the Kansas W saved our asses.
He's the GOAT. No push back on that because of two games.

The loss sucked, but final four is impressive. It's much more impressive than the final four in pro sports as there are usually only 30 teams or so. College basketball and football have 353 (not sure exactly how many football teams) so making the final four or the playoff is worthy of celebration.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I'm sure with time some of them will be obnoxious about it. But as of right now mentioning the championship collapse works. There's not much they can say.
Not much they can say at all to
"Congratulations on beating us. It allowed you to make HISTORY two nites later!!"
Really bites their a$$ good when they have the nerve to talk smack! Mean old man here who LOVES DUKE!!! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT