ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me about Tennessee

Big, athletic but scoring challenged. If Duke is on from 3, it shouldn’t be close. If Duke is struggling from 3, could be tight. I expect Tenn to have long droughts

Yesterday was the only time I saw more than a few minutes of TN play. I know it was just one game, but they were meh at best. I didn't see anything that really concerned me. Plus they are 6 and 7 in their last 13 games. Anything could happen, and we could have a really off night, but if we just keep doing the things we have been doing I think we win by 12-14 points.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Tennessee isn't the same team as they were in January. I watch a lot of SEC games (I like the style of their teams) and TN was a top 5 team for a couple months. They are tough and athletic but they are not as talented as they were (obviously) before their PG got hurt.

I think they will make Duke earn everything (as opposed to last night when Duke could get a good shot whenever they wanted) but if Roach shoots decently again and Flip is back playing his usual game, I can see Duke winning a game in the '70s, maybe by 5 or so.

I think we are going to be in a dogfight tomorrow afternoon. They'll make it ugly, and we need ACC Tournament Flip and March Roach to be big-time. Also, if this is the Whitehead we'll get for the rest of the year, I'd like to put the rest of the field on notice.

I think we are going to be in a dogfight tomorrow afternoon. They'll make it ugly, and we need ACC Tournament Flip and March Roach to be big-time. Also, if this is the Whitehead we'll get for the rest of the year, I'd like to put the rest of the field on notice.
Reverse Jinx.?

I'm looking for it to be a very physical game. I believe we will cover the spread. Of course I'll be disappointed if we lose, but, this has been a fun season. This has been a breath of fresh air watching Jon coach, and the team maturing along the way.
This is what we have all been craving. Getting better as the year goes. Which is not something we're used to seeing the last several years.

If we lose to Tenn. it will just reinforce the narrative that the ACC sucked this year.(thanks Virginia) So lets win.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I hope we make sweet 16. First weekend exits are demoralizing. Lose after that I would be okay with.
I thought a top 5 finish in the conference, a split with the cheats, a deep ACC run, and an S16 was this team's ceiling at the start of the year. They've exceeded my expectations in a year where all the cheat fans were telling anyone who would listen and those who didn't care that they had it all in the bag. I work with several who crowed about the FF win and then went silent after they blew it against Kansas. Those same people came at me hard before the season. It's been nice to hear nothing but crickets these last few weeks.

Reactions: christophero
I get the tournament is random but I cannot say we had a great year if we lose Sat. Good yes. But sweet 16 would be great to me. We also can't say we were underseeded if we lose to our 4. I think we will win.

I hope we make sweet 16. First weekend exits are demoralizing. Lose after that I would be okay with.
I'm 100% with you! I have been saying this for weeks. I would be at peace with a S16 loss........upset and perhaps a little angry depending on the circumstances, but I would get over it pretty quick. I loss tomorrow, out in the first weekend with the way we have been playing would suck.

With that said, I am feeling pretty confident we are still dancing next Saturday!!

I get the tournament is random but I cannot say we had a great year if we lose Sat. Good yes. But sweet 16 would be great to me. We also can't say we were underseeded if we lose to our 4. I think we will win.
I get it. And I will be furious if we lose tomorrow. Seeing them win the ACC Championship gave me something to hang my hat on as a fan for the year. We've also had a more successful year than the cheaters, so that helps.

Reactions: christophero
Why come here and talk shit when you've never won anything of consequence in basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT