ADVERTISEMENT

Sulaimon

I hope he goes some where that doesn't play Duke. It would be unconformable for both and the media would make more of it than necessary. OFC

This.
It would be a circus and a kangaroo court combined. That's what I hate about these 'allegations'. It destroys a persons life, without repercussions to the accuser, if warranted. If charges had been filed, then certain facts or 'untruths' could possibly have been revealed that would exonerate Sheed. As it is the 'allegations' stand as proof positive of being guilty in the court of public approval with no avenue for Sheed to prove otherwise. It's a shame imo.

I wish him the best. He gave all he had while on the court for Duke basketball.

OFC

Might be neat to see him go to ASU and play for Hurley.
I would be surprised if he went to ASU. If Rasheed was a head-case for Coach K and that didn't work out, I don't see Rasheed making it with Hurley. I could have the wrong read on this, but Coach Hurley Sr. along with Coach K probably instilled a high sense of discipline that Rasheed has not yet displayed. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Last edited:
...and like others here....don't care if he goes to Maryland....hope he finds a place to finish out his career....good luck to the guy, not really sad that he is no longer with Duke.

Would MD fans accept Sheed? They hate us on UNC level.

Rooting for him to go to ASU. Will root for him individually anywhere he goes, always was one of my favorites. Just would be sweet to be able to root for him and his team in ASU with Hurley. I'll definitely, as with all K disciples, be following the Sun Devils next year. It'd be awesome to see Sheed down there blossoming from his learning experience this past year and playing with a large chip on his shoulder to change the conversation surrounding him back to what he is doing ON the court.

Reactions: skysdad
Sulaimon speaks. (Edit: That's a link. I don't think that shows up as clearly as it used to in the old format. I edited a second time for color, bold, and underlining. It was a slightly lighter gray before.)

“Me being dismissed from the team had nothing to do with this allegation,” Sulaimon said in his first public comments since being dismissed by coach Mike Krzyzewski. He did not specify what the reason was, though he said he was frustrated and could have handled the situation better.
“I have never sexually assaulted, not only anyone on the Duke campus, but anyone period,” he said

It makes K and Duke look better if it truly wasn't about the allegations, b/c that makes the whole line of questioning why K didn't act on that sooner a moot point.

Last edited:
There were some other issues going on with Rasheed. Duke wasn't releasing him from his scholarship based on allegations that to this day have never been more than that. Where I do feel sorry for Rasheed is that he's been handed a label that he'll likely carry with him for the rest of his life. That's unfair....considering what's been said are just allegations.

I would be totally fine seeing him drive the lane, lose his footing, and fall down 6 times per game in a Maryland uniform.

Whether or not it's in a Maryland uniform, he'll be doing that somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT